Question on travel insurance

Hello all not really done insurance before just thru cruise line but looking for outside insurance that will cover weather issue since traveling during hurricane season I will not be flying so my insurance dont need to cover flights etc just cruise and cruise related delays missed ports etc will be myself wife and two kids under 5 going and I did deposit on cruise recent so looking to get insurance soon before the 14 day clause and any weather or preexisting conditions expire. Any help u all could give me would be great thank u.....

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

See TripInsuranceStore.com and then call Steve or any of his associates, and they can discuss a wide variety of insurance types so you can get the coverage that best suits your needs.

(NO extra charge for this.)

NOTE: In hurricane season especially, you might want to consider "Cancel For Any Reason" coverage ("CFAR").

The regular insurance will cover you if the cruise is cancelled due to weather, but not if it is routed to different ports (could still be a lot of fun!).

However, IF the cruise isn't cancelled, but YOU decide it is too "iffy" for your personal comfort level and YOU want to cancel, then "regular" insurance probably won't pay one cent.

Some people might see this situation as an adventure, others "not so much..." :eek:

Again, speak with the insurance reps about what your concerns are, and don't forget HEALTH insurance if your coverage won't apply when traveling on a cruise or out of the USA.

Likewise, evacuation coverage (not expensive, because it's not actually needed that often, but when it is...)

And then ENJOY the planning, and don't worry so much about the weather :)

GeezerCouple

missed ports etc /quote]

Please note that no insurer will pay for missed ports. They may pay the costs of excursions if non-refundable, but they won't pay anything because you didn't get to see Port A and either had to go to Port B or have another sea day.

Because you are specifically looking for hurricane cancellation coverage, you should only look at Global Alert and Travel Safe Classic.

Read this page to see why. (These allow you to cancel with a NOAA hurricane warning, the others require complete cessation of common carrier services, and without flying, you won't have anything to cover.)

http://tripinsurancestore.com/travel-insurance-bad-weather-and-natural-disaster-coverage/

Most weather coverage is for delay or interruption of travel, not for cancellation in advance by you. They do pay if the cruise is cancelled by the cruiseline, but so far every time a cruiseline cancels, they pay you direct.

Edited by cherylandtk