2-Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony on Gem bed configuration?

mattR

What is the bed configuration in the Gems 2-Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony? How many people can sleep in the little room?

That cabin sleeps 6, 3 in the little bedroom and 1 on the sofa in the living room. The children's bedroom has a fold open bed for 2 and a bunk.

Edited by Got Tequila?

What is the bed configuration in the Gems 2-Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony? How many people can sleep in the little room?

I believe it is the same as the 2 bedroom Haven so you can sleep two on the pullout bed and one small person in the pull down bed. That would be comfortable for children for adults not quite as comfy especially the pull down bed which is like the size of a small upper bunk bed. You can sleep one on the couch in the living room as well.

Edited by mommyto2girls

The couch in the living room is turned into a bed by the steward or butler in the evening. It is closed back to a couch during the day. My son loved it. he said it was comfy. He was 10 at the time. It is right next to the balcony, so he had a great view to wake up too. My parents slept in the master bedroom where there is a door that closes. My husband and I slept on the bed that is also converted from a couch in the 2nd bedroom, plenty of room for 2 adults on the bed. My daughter slept on the pull down bed in out room. There are 2 bathrooms and 2 showers. Plenty of storage and closets. worth every penny and 6 people can def live there for a week!

The couch in the living room is turned into a bed by the steward or butler in the evening. It is closed back to a couch during the day. My son loved it. he said it was comfy. He was 10 at the time. It is right next to the balcony, so he had a great view to wake up too. My parents slept in the master bedroom where there is a door that closes. My husband and I slept on the bed that is also converted from a couch in the 2nd bedroom, plenty of room for 2 adults on the bed. My daughter slept on the pull down bed in out room. There are 2 bathrooms and 2 showers. Plenty of storage and closets. worth every penny and 6 people can def live there for a week!

Thanks for the info!

What would you choose 2 balcony cabins or the 2 bedroom suite for 4 adults?

Thanks for the info!

What would you choose 2 balcony cabins or the 2 bedroom suite for 4 adults?

Rough one.

2BR Penthouse:

suite perks, including breakfast and lunch

a real sitting area, and table that 4 can eat at if you want.

the 2nd bedroom is small, but bathroom is same as inside cabin

master br and bath are closed off by door, small bedroom has door as well.

3rd/4th person normally only cost extra for port fees, etc

2 Balconies:

Total privacy when you are each in your own cabin.

Marginal privacy if you want to visit the other

No suite perks

Not much room for 4 people in one cabin at a time

I have slept on the couch in the living room before. The first time I found it prett hard, but I mentioned it to the room steward, and he started using a folding up comforter on it, was much better after that.

Here are some pics of the 2 bedroom - these are from the Jewel and the Pearl, but would be the same lay out.

This is what it looked like when you first enter the door from the hall. For this suite, the door to the right is the 2nd bedroom/bathroom. . then there is another door straight forward to the living area. That door between the hall entry and the living room does lock. So there can be privacy if you wish.

DSC_0013.jpg

Here is the 2nd bedroom (kids room) made up to sleep. It is a double sized sofa bed, and a pull down bunk.

DSC_0021.jpg

At the top left you can see the entry to the master bedroom - there is a door that slides open/closed and can lock. It is solid, not glass.

DSC_0023.jpg

The entrance to the master bedroom is on the right. . .door propped open.

DSC_0022.jpg

Edited by deb63