Main dining room attire...............

nittany44720

No, not accurate. Shorts are permitted on non elegant nights. Just not cut offs or tank tops, but honestly, have never seen anyone turned away.

NOT true. Gym shorts are not permitted on ANY night. So some shorts are permitted and some are not.

Elegant nights

Tonight's restaurant dress code is Cruise Elegant. Please Note: Not permitted in the restaurant during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentleman: shorts, t-shirts, beach flip flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear and basketball hats.

Cruise Casual nights

Tonight's restaurant code is Cruise Casual. Please Note: Gym shorts, baseball hats, bathing suit attire and cut-off jeans are not allowed in the restaurants.

Elegant nights

Tonight's restaurant dress code is Cruise Elegant. Please Note: Not permitted in the restaurant during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentleman: shorts, t-shirts, beach flip flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear and basketball hats.

Cruise Casual nights

Tonight's restaurant code is Cruise Casual. Please Note: Gym shorts, baseball hats, bathing suit attire and cut-off jeans are not allowed in the restaurants.

Can you wear a cover up over a (dry) bathing suit in the MDR for breakfast? Also I understand on the Splendor if you have YTD you have dinner in the black pearl...can you have breakfast and lunch at any MDR? Thanks!

Can you wear a cover up over a (dry) bathing suit in the MDR for breakfast? Also I understand on the Splendor if you have YTD you have dinner in the black pearl...can you have breakfast and lunch at any MDR? Thanks!

A cover up should be fine. Only the black pearl is open for brunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about kid's attire? I don't think my kids will want to dress up every night for dinner. Shorts and nice shirts OK?

This is fine on non-elegant nights... However, on the elegant nights no shorts are allowed even for kids... On my last cruise a month ago on the pride, I did see a child turned away on elegant night with shorts.. Obviously, sometimes a ship may let it go, but it does happen that even kids are turned away on elegant night

This is fine on non-elegant nights... However, on the elegant nights no shorts are allowed even for kids... On my last cruise a month ago on the pride, I did see a child turned away on elegant night with shorts.. Obviously, sometimes a ship may let it go, but it does happen that even kids are turned away on elegant night

It must depend on the ship and maître d' - was on the Victory for feb reading week and saw plenty of shorts and tshirts in the main dining room on casual AND elegant night

Yes you can do this. I always were a cover up with my bathing suit in the MDR for breakfast on port days, however, since mine is on the short side I do throw on a pair of shorts also..:D

Sorry if this was answered, I didn't read though all of the responses.... I read shorts are fine on NON formal nights... I have a question about this though.. I bought my son (10 yr old) khaki shorts to wear with a nice button down shirt for dinner.. are Khaki shorts ok on formal nights, at least for a kid?? :confused:

No.

Sorry if this was answered, I didn't read though all of the responses.... I read shorts are fine on NON formal nights... I have a question about this though.. I bought my son (10 yr old) khaki shorts to wear with a nice button down shirt for dinner.. are Khaki shorts ok on formal nights, at least for a kid?? :confused:

NOT true. Gym shorts are not permitted on ANY night. So some shorts are permitted and some are not.

Just because it says no gym shorts does not mean people don't wear them and get served.

It's just a rule and as we all know,Carnival does not enforce many of them.

Bill

Your son is only 10. The outfit you bought for him will be just fine.

Enjoy your cruise!

LuLu

~~~

Enjoy your cruise!

LuLu

~~~

As I said above, a month ago, I saw a kid get turned away from the MDR on elegant night wearing shorts... You can certainly try to have him wear shorts however, if you get turned away dont be suprised... It will depend on the ship, whether they enforce the rules or not.. sometimes they do, and sometimes they dont..

This

As I said above, a month ago, I saw a kid get turned away from the MDR on elegant night wearing shorts... You can certainly try to have him wear shorts however, if you get turned away dont be suprised... It will depend on the ship, whether they enforce the rules or not.. sometimes they do, and sometimes they dont..

Enjoy your cruise!

LuLu

~~~

It must depend on the ship and maître d' - was on the Victory for feb reading week and saw plenty of shorts and tshirts in the main dining room on casual AND elegant night

Same on Conquest for President's Week. Tank tops on men and women, cut-off jean shorts, etc. were allowed in on casual nights. Also saw t-shirts, tanks and basketball shorts allowed in on elegant night.

Khaki shorts are not permitted.

Just because it says no gym shorts does not mean people don't wear them and get served.

It's just a rule and as we all know,Carnival does not enforce many of them.

Bill

From what I have experienced Carnival sometimes and sometimes does not enforce this policy.