Drinks package - Sea Pass

Hi

I'll be cruising on the IOS in a few weeks time, and will be buying one of the drinks packages online before I leave.

When the SeaPass card is issued on arrival, will this additional entitlement already be on it, as the quote from the RCI website isn't clear on this point: "Upon arriving to the ship, please visit the Alcohol display table at the ships Expo" ? Or will I need to visit customer relations or something.

This is my first cruise, so apologies for the dopey question :)

I'd appreciate any clarification.

Cheers

Hi

I'll be cruising on the IOS in a few weeks time, and will be buying one of the drinks packages online before I leave.

When the SeaPass card is issued on arrival, will this additional entitlement already be on it, as the quote from the RCI website isn't clear on this point: "Upon arriving to the ship, please visit the Alcohol display table at the ships Expo" ? Or will I need to visit customer relations or something.

Cheers

If you purchase the drink package before the cruise, your SeaPass card should indicate the package you purchased. In other words, you should be able to use the drink package immediately upon boarding the ship.

Edited by clarea

Hi

Cheers

Yes, your seapass should have the sticker on it. If not, ask when you receive your seapass. Always bring your paperwork with you showing you pre-purchased it also. Our 1st time getting it, the sticker was not on it at first & we had to track someone down to help after we boarded & they wanted to see that we indeed had bought it..

we purchased the soda pkg for the kids and the premium for us.

The kids had the Coca-Cola printed on the card. Our card had nothing.

We tried to get a drink at a bar setup outside the windjammer when we first got on the ship. The bartender told us, no, you don't have the pkg.

I told him that it was prepurchased. He asked for the receipt. I didn't bring it. If I did, he said he could have corrected the problem right there.

We had to go to guest services and they put the little sticker on our cards.

Bring the receipt just to be sure!

And on the other side, our cards had the coca cola logo printed on them AND the Replenish stickers. We didn't buy the soda package. We did buy Replenish. This REALLY tweaked the first person we talked to about the package; he insisted we must have purchased soda and replenish and was very concerned for us.

Had to go to Guest Services to get our passes reprinted on cards without the Coke logo on it so no one would freak about it again.

I have a question about the Ultimate Drinks Package. It said it includes "specialty coffees and teas." We are planning to cruise on Allure in the fall. Would this mean the coffee from Starbucks?

Coffee from the Starbucks venue is not included. You would have to use the bar next to Cafe Promenade.

Coffee from the Starbucks venue is not included. You would have to use the bar next to Cafe Promenade.

Thanks Bob. I had a feeling it wasn't. So this would mean the Seattle's Best specialty coffees? (Is that still the premium coffee on RC?)

Thanks Bob. I had a feeling it wasn't. So this would mean the Seattle's Best specialty coffees? (Is that still the premium coffee on RC?)

I don't know what Allure uses. Some ships actually use Starbucks brand coffee.

I just got off Allure March 9. Coffe was indeed Seattles Best and was very good. Espresso, Latte and the like are available at MDR and were quite good. I am a coffee lover and never used Starbuck's.

I hope you enjoy your Allure cruise as much as I did mine.

Seattle's Best is what is served on Allure. The specialty coffees that they make in the Café Promenade are quite good. Your choices are Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Mocha, and Chai Latte. I think I remember them all.

Seattle's Best is what is served on Allure. The specialty coffees that they make in the Café Promenade are quite good. Your choices are Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Mocha, and Chai Latte. I think I remember them all.

This is great. I'm a tea drinker, but my husband loves coffee. He is very happy with Seattle's Best, and won't be at all disappointed that it doesn't include Starbucks.

Thanks for the info.

And on the other side, our cards had the coca cola logo printed on them AND the Replenish stickers. We didn't buy the soda package. We did buy Replenish. This REALLY tweaked the first person we talked to about the package; he insisted we must have purchased soda and replenish and was very concerned for us.

Had to go to Guest Services to get our passes reprinted on cards without the Coke logo on it so no one would freak about it again.

The soda package is part of the replenish package it was on our cards on our cruise. It even shows it on Royals website: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/asr/booking/soda/selectGuests/view.do?ComponentTypeId=8&ActivityTypeId=100000002771605061 If you don't want it you don't have to use it but it is part of the plan for those that do.

The soda package is part of the replenish package it was on our cards on our cruise. It even shows it on Royals website: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/asr/booking/soda/selectGuests/view.do?ComponentTypeId=8&ActivityTypeId=100000002771605061 If you don't want it you don't have to use it but it is part of the plan for those that do.

You beat me too it! Soda is included all packages I think?

Nemomof3 is correct. The soda package is part of the Royal Replenish package. So if you buy the RR package the Coca cola logo should be on the card. So why guest services reprinted cards without the logo on them is beyond me. I think the various staff is still getting used to the new package offerings and how they are designated on seapass cards.

:confused:I have never sailed on RC and was wondering as I am not a big drinker at all do I have to buy a drink package or can I just get a drink when I want.

Drink packages are not required. You can buy single drinks as you like.

Hello,

I will be travelling for the 1st time with RCI & on IOTS this year.

I'm in two minds as to whether or not to purchase the soda package.

We're travelling for 4 nights & when I looked last night the cost was just under £19 per person.

Neither DH or I drink alcohol & whilst we both drink 'soda' me probably more than him.

Can anyone advise what the approx cost of a diet coke is on board so I can try and work out whether or not it's worth me buying us both one if DH is only likely to have say 1 soda a day?

Many thanks.

Hello,

I will be travelling for the 1st time with RCI & on IOTS this year.

I'm in two minds as to whether or not to purchase the soda package.

We're travelling for 4 nights & when I looked last night the cost was just under £19 per person.

Neither DH or I drink alcohol & whilst we both drink 'soda' me probably more than him.

Can anyone advise what the approx cost of a diet coke is on board so I can try and work out whether or not it's worth me buying us both one if DH is only likely to have say 1 soda a day?

Many thanks.

A can of soda will cost $2.88, including gratuity. If you will average 3 or more sodas a day, it's cheaper to get the package.