Winemakers dinner on Royal question?

GweninTX

I know this is a new event for Princess and they are probably ironing the kinks out too! I have a group of ten from my roll call that we all want to attend together. I plan on getting on the ship early and am wondering if the dine line person will let me reserve for all of us or if each person will have to call as we want to sit together? Also I have read it is a ten person table limit, but someone said 12? Anyone know the definitive answers for these?

I know this is a new event for Princess and they are probably ironing the kinks out too! I have a group of ten from my roll call that we all want to attend together. I plan on getting on the ship early and am wondering if the dine line person will let me reserve for all of us or if each person will have to call as we want to sit together? Also I have read it is a ten person table limit, but someone said 12? Anyone know the definitive answers for these?

Is this different than the Chef's Table? Wine is paired with the food at the Chef's Table.

We did the wine makers dinner on the Royal back in November 2013. It was excellent and even better then the chefs table. A great bargain . I'm pretty sure we had a group of 12, but I could be wrong. they're was plenty of room. We had someone on board that did the reservation for all of us so we were the first group to be able to do this dinner. Nothing went wrong at all and it was perfect. In your group, be sure to use the dine line asap. This is what our friend did. Yes you can reserve the whole table. We did the same for the chefs table too but like I said we all thought the wine makers dinner was better. They featured Mondavi wines which all of us were very familiar with. All had a wonderful time

Totally agree with TimeTraveler. It was great. One piece of advice is not to drink too much or anything prior to the dinner because the wine flows like water. One problem they are having are no shows. So, please make sure you show up otherwise the cost may go up. They were thinking of charging a fee for no shows, not sure if they are doing that or not. Have a great dinner.

Bill

We had 12 from our Roll Call at the Wine Makers Table. Best advice is to call the Dine Line immediately upon arrival and then speak with the Maître D of your restaurant. I spoke with the Maître D and reserved the entire table for our group. Everyone showed up, and the dinner was perfect. The cost was $40pp, and I'm not sure if this includes the tip, but I made sure that our servers and host Maître D were tipped at the end of the dinner.

The Wine Makers Tables are only held in the two amidship dining rooms, Concerto and Symphony, and both tables are slight different from each other in the types of chairs used.

Here are some pictures from our experience aboard Royal Princess this past December at the Wine Makers Table in the Concerto Dining Room:

11337825386_ae7c7ca58b_c.jpg

11337825836_e4fbb16c85_c.jpg

11337826196_2d008b72f6_b.jpg

11337826686_9c09d7f95e_b.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Our group did the winemakers dinner on our recent Royal Princess cruise. I booked the dinner for all of our group with just their names and cabin numbers. There was 10 of us to start but after it was booked 2 of the couples decided not to go as they are rather fussy eaters and not big wine drinkers. They called the dine line 2 days prior to cancel but their places were not rebooked. We ate with just the six of us at the table for 12. We had the Mondavi dinner and it was excellent as was the service.

Be aware that you do not get a choice of menu or which night to attend. They also cannot accommodate for special dietary requests. The only choice was how we would like our filet of beef cooked. There was a white and a red wine poured freely. At $40.00 pp it is a great value and I am not sure why more people are not taking advantage. It seemed that many people are not aware of this great little option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just curious, when did the dinner start and how long did it go? I'm wondering about being able to attend the shows on that evening.

If the wine is freely poured, I hope the "dinner" lasts as long as possible :rolleyes:

Our group did the winemakers dinner on our recent Royal Princess cruise. I booked the dinner for all of our group with just their names and cabin numbers. There was 10 of us to start but after it was booked 2 of the couples decided not to go as they are rather fussy eaters and not big wine drinkers. They called the dine line 2 days prior to cancel but their places were not rebooked. We ate with just the six of us at the table for 12. We had the Mondavi dinner and it was excellent as was the service.

Be aware that you do not get a choice of menu or which night to attend. They also cannot accommodate for special dietary requests. The only choice was how we would like our filet of beef cooked. There was a white and a red wine poured freely. At $40.00 pp it is a great value and I am not sure why more people are not taking advantage. It seemed that many people are not aware of this great little option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you just call the dine line the minute you got on the ship to book for your group?

The desserts look good...I guess I'm too much of a rube to appreciate that menu. :o The other menu I saw looked good though.

I had to look up the word 'rube'. ;)

I am by no means an aficionado of fine dining, nor do I eat gourmet food on a regular basis. The food was really nice and there was nothing on our menu that I did not like. I had never had duck (which is hidden under the egg in the previously posted pictures) and it was delicious.

Also, from what I've seen posted on other threads, there are three different 'fixed menus' that rotate at the Wine Makers Tables.

From start to finish our meal lasted approximately 2 hours, but that too depends on how much wine you and your table mates drink and how loose the conversations get. ;)

P.S. I'm not a big wine drinker and I still thoroughly enjoyed the evening!!!

Be aware that you do not get a choice of menu or which night to attend. They also cannot accommodate for special dietary requests.

All excellent points!!!

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

How does the winemakers dinner work if there are only 3 of you? Will Princess accumulate additional people, like they do for Chef's Table? Do you have to get a large enough group together on your own? What are the options?

How does the winemakers dinner work if there are only 3 of you? Will Princess accumulate additional people, like they do for Chef's Table? Do you have to get a large enough group together on your own? What are the options?

Yes, they will fill up the table with others who want to attend, just like chefs table. You do not have to have the entire group - they will fill up!

Edited by GweninTX

Yes, they will fill up the table with others who want to attend, just like chefs table. You do not have to have the entire group - they will fill up!

That's what I had hoped. Thanx.

I agree, similar to the chefs Table.