Honey Stung Chicken or Chicken Tenders??

It was on the menu on the Explorer but none to be found. The chicken tenders are salty and fried hard. I did not like them. I want honey stung chicken on my first day. It's part of my first day routine. It was on the room service menu but they brought chicken tenders.

So I see ... while we are on the subject of disappearing favorites anyone remember the orange salad dressing in the MDR?? It's been a few years I can't rem the last time I had it. Now that was good!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I remember that dressing. It was called Florida orange dressing. There is a recipe for it in one of the older RCCL cookbooks. Yummy!

I remember that dressing. It was called Florida orange dressing. There is a recipe for it in one of the older RCCL cookbooks. Yummy!

From a dusty thread, mentioning an even dustier cookbook:

From the Royal Caribbean International Cookbook, 2005 edition.........page 41...

1 Cup Prepared or Basic Mayonnaise

1 Clove Garlic

1 Tablespoon Honey

1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard

2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil

1/4 Cup Orange Juice Concentrate

1 Tablespoon Grated Orange Zest

2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley

Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste

In a nonreactive bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

From a dusty thread, mentioning an even dustier cookbook:

From the Royal Caribbean International Cookbook, 2005 edition.........page 41...

1 Cup Prepared or Basic Mayonnaise

1 Clove Garlic

1 Tablespoon Honey

1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard

2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil

1/4 Cup Orange Juice Concentrate

1 Tablespoon Grated Orange Zest

2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley

Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste

In a nonreactive bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

Thank u!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Maybe Cost Cutting look what happened with Orange Juice,

Royal took a way the Real Stuff and replased it with something inferior to Tang & then brought back the Real Stuff as a PAY Item

You mean they might make us pay for Honey Stung Chicken in the future? Actually I found it just ok. I did notice that the nice waldorf salad has been reduced to potatoes and a few apple chunks dumped in mayo. No raisins or nuts or anything else.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

On our Jan 26 Allure cruise a couple months ago we ordered honey stung chicken for lunch from room service, and that's what we got. No chicken tenders here. :) I will say, the quality of it was pretty poor - I've had it twice before, once on Liberty (when it was ok but dry) and once on Oasis (when it was fantastic), and the chicken this time was, quite frankly, gross. It looked more like dark meat than white meat and was really greasy. I ended up eating half of one piece and giving the rest to a friend (who had also ordered a plate and thought it was ok - this wasn't a situation of "oh, this is gross, here taste it!" :D ).

We were in a crown loft suite and didn't get any chocolates on our pillow the whole cruise. I'm pretty sure our friends in an OS didn't get any either. :(

None in the Windjammer on the Enchantment Feb 28, 2014. They had fried chicken instead.

I did notice it on the room service menu but we never ordered room service to try it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Has the honey stung chicken been replaced with chicken tenders? Any recent cruisers could you please comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Honey Stung Chicken was 'not' available for our March 2nd sailing on The Navigator. When I asked one of the Chef's what happened he told them that they could not get it any longer from their supplier.

It was the one thing I did look forward to on Embarkation Day but it just wasn't meant to be for me. Boo Hoo :(

You mean they might make us pay for Honey Stung Chicken in the future? Actually I found it just ok. I did notice that the nice waldorf salad has been reduced to potatoes and a few apple chunks dumped in mayo. No raisins or nuts or anything else.

Denise

Denise - As much as I enjoy Honey Stung, I'd NEVER pay extra for it...it isn't THAT great..LOL! Potatoes in a Waldorf salad, huh? Wow, I've never heard that one before; and if they leave out the nuts, then what's the point?!? I'd rather see them simply eliminate it from the menu, than skimp on the proper ingredients. JMHO....;)

Denise - As much as I enjoy Honey Stung, I'd NEVER pay extra for it...it isn't THAT great..LOL! Potatoes in a Waldorf salad, huh? Wow, I've never heard that one before; and if they leave out the nuts, then what's the point?!? I'd rather see them simply eliminate it from the menu, than skimp on the proper ingredients. JMHO....;)

Paying for the chicken was my idea of a joke.

About the waldorf "potato" salad. I think I combined a bad memory of a mundane Carnival potato salad I had on my last cruise. I could never find the good waldorf on Brillance last summer though. Sorry for the confusion.

I will miss it if it is not available! I think it is the excitement of eating embarkation lunch and a routine of having honey stung chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes. I find it kind of hard to believe that the chicken is no longer available...it seems to be a piece of chicken breast in a sauce..

We have tried the honey strung chicken many times, some were good and some were *****, I would not miss it if it is gone.

Not to hijack, but there are many food items to die for that some how show up on embarkation day, that never show up again.

One I can remember on the Monarch was a Shepard's Pie and even a wannabe cooking chef traveling with us though it was to die for, but never again did we find it on any ship. Also lots of outshining india dishes that appear on the first day, but never after.

So sad to hear my embarkation tradition is going to be altered by the apparent disappearance of Honey Stung Chicken. It was a tradition to get it, take a picture of it, and text it to all of my relatives as a way of saying "haha, I'm on a cruise and you're not". They would then do the same to me when they were on a cruise and I wasn't.

"At its core, honey stung chicken is a breaded chicken cutlet that is served in the Windjammer. Over the years more and more cruises started talking about it so its legend continues to grow.

Honey stung chicken is served in the Windjammer but the catch is it's only served on embarkation day. So if you don't get it on that first day you board your Royal Caribbean cruise, then you are out of luck until your next cruise. We have heard of instances where honey stung chicken is sometimes available via room service as well.

Frankly, its popularity is hard to pin-point but we think because it's only served on embarkation day, it gets rave reviews because people associate it with the start of their cruise and let's face it, everyone is the happiest on the day their cruise vacation they have been looking forward to is finally starting.

Of course, that's not to take away from what the food is: a tasty piece of boneless fried chicken that is always a good choice when going down the buffet line.

Honey Stung Chicken Recipe

3- 4 boneless chicken breasts

1/2 cup honey

2 Tbs raspberry or cider vinegar

2/3 cup flour

2 Tbs fine dry bread crumbs

2 tsp ground cayenne pepper

2 eggs

1/4 cup buttermilk

1 cup vegetable oil

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Vegetable oil for frying"

I hAve read about it here for years. I think this past January was the first time I ate it...

It is not good, nor special.

Next time I go past it.

Yuck.

jc

We just disembarked from the Freedom and ordered it through room service 3 times - did not see it in the WJ, though we didn't look too hard either. Comes with sweet potato fries which are pretty good if hot and fresh, not as much if warm and soggy as they came twice. Kids requested and ate the honey-stung regardless of temp. It was a different kind of breading - unique and tasty.