Jade coming back to the US..

vols_159

For details:

Norwegian Jade repositions from Europe to Houston, Texas and will sail seven-day Western Caribbean cruises. From November 14, 2015 through April 9, 2016, guests will have the opportunity to visit Cozumel, Mexico; Roatán, Bay Islands, Honduras; and Norwegian's brand new destination, Harvest Caye, Belize

Link to press release

What do you mean? didn't NCL make that mistake once?

As long as the Jade did not return to the US and do traditional cruises NCL retained the option to reflag the ship as and return to Hawaii and fill with US crew if the demand returned. Moving to Houston they give up that option.

Having read that press release it looks like that winter in Europe is going to be a choice of Epic or Epic.:(

Yes - and from what I've read on here previously, Epic will just be doing Canaries and West Med - so we lose the Eastern Med during off season. Glad I'm doing it in a few weeks.

REally want to have a sail on the Spirit before she goes as well.

Having read that press release it looks like that winter in Europe is going to be a choice of Epic or Epic.:(

On the plus side it is likely to be dirt cheap.

I have a Nov cruise booked on Jade this year and am worrying about the weather and the loss of Tunisia. November in the Western Med is likely to be wet and I don't like wet. I am seriously thinking of cancelling this one in favour of saving the money to go South America a year later.

My sister and I will probably have one last cruise on the Spirit Jan/Feb 2015 and then we will have to make some big decisions, do we go on Epic which I am not sure will meet our needs (I have sailed on this ship) but will be cheap or do we start going some other time of year depending on what the summer deployments to Europe are. We are not fans of the carribean as we are not really beach people. Big dilemma for me, yesterdays announcements did not get me excited at all, quite the opposite, although from earlier rumours I knew it was likely to be happening.

Yes - and from what I've read on here previously, Epic will just be doing Canaries and West Med - so we lose the Eastern Med during off season. Glad I'm doing it in a few weeks.

So great to go in the off season! In Jan/Feb. 2010 -- in other words, the middle of the winter -- we sailed on the Jade out of Barcelona. The port calls were Civitavecchia (Rome), Athens, Izmir (got to visit Ephesus), overnight in Alexandria (which we spent in Cairo/Giza), and Malta (Valletta). Yes, it was definitely off season, chilly and wet in Rome, we still had a great day there (how could you not?) and it was perfect touring weather in Turkey and Egypt, and terrific in Malta.

We are so glad we got to take that trip when we did.

There goes any chance of the Jade returning to Hawaii as Pride of Hawaii

That's what I thought yesterday when I read the press release. Too bad because the market in Hawaii could use a change of ships every now and again although the Pride of America really can't be deployed elsewhere in the USA unless it's for close-in scenic cruising. I'm not sure NCL would want to venture into any other markets in America with a US flagged ship.

I guess one reason for pulling the Eastern Med. might be to do with the fact that they don't seem able to play nicely together. The number of itinerary changes may well have been a consideration.