Getaway Haven cabin, noise and other questions.....

wasiii

.....I've been searching through the Getaway posts and haven't found an answer to these.

I'm in cabin 16118 for my upcoming Getaway cruise. Looking at the deck plans, it seems that it is right near an entrance to the courtyard. Having that cabin or a cabin near it, did anyone have any noise issues from the courtyard or unruly noise from traffic up/down the hall?

If anyone had cabin 16110, was there any noise issues from the spa across from it ?

Also on the deck plans, there is a big white space in front of cabins 16104-16108 and the surrounding cabins. Does anyone know what that is?

This is a rest and relaxation cruise for us and I'm just trying find the best area in the Haven that is stress free from noise and annoyances for my Queen I am traveling with.

;)

wasiii

Would love to read about your experience. We are also booked for 16118 this summer.

.....I hope NCL did not double book this cabin the same week. ;)

I go at the end of August so I figure you'll be going before me and can tell me the answer to my questions in case no one answers here.

:D

wasiii

Hellooo there!! I'm glad to see your sailing in the Haven!! Your going to love it. I'm going on the BA again this summer. Me n Vinny are thinking of doing the Getaway next summer. I'll be looking for your review about the Getaway. Enjoy and have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hellooo there!! I'm glad to see your sailing in the Haven!! Your going to love it. I'm going on the BA again this summer. Me n Vinny are thinking of doing the Getaway next summer. I'll be looking for your review about the Getaway. Enjoy and have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

.....if you still have my email address could you drop me a line. We would love to get together with you and Vinny.

I just found your email address and sent you a note. Talk to you soon.

wasiii

Edited by wasiii

.....I've been searching through the Getaway posts and haven't found an answer to these.

I'm in cabin 16118 for my upcoming Getaway cruise. Looking at the deck plans, it seems that it is right near an entrance to the courtyard. Having that cabin or a cabin near it, did anyone have any noise issues from the courtyard or unruly noise from traffic up/down the hall?

If anyone had cabin 16110, was there any noise issues from the spa across from it ?

Also on the deck plans, there is a big white space in front of cabins 16104-16108 and the surrounding cabins. Does anyone know what that is?

This is a rest and relaxation cruise for us and I'm just trying find the best area in the Haven that is stress free from noise and annoyances for my Queen I am traveling with.

;)

wasiii

I was on the Feb 22nd sailing on the GA in cabin 16110. This was a rest and relaxation cruise for me. I found this cabin to be in the perfect location. I barely left the cabin for the first 3 days as I caught up on some much needed sleep and I don't recall any noise or anything that would be disturbing. It was a short walk to get to the courtyard area.

• 4 weeks later...
I was on the Feb 22nd sailing on the GA in cabin 16110. This was a rest and relaxation cruise for me. I found this cabin to be in the perfect location. I barely left the cabin for the first 3 days as I caught up on some much needed sleep and I don't recall any noise or anything that would be disturbing. It was a short walk to get to the courtyard area.

Do you have any pictures of the room or the balcony? I would love to see them. My friend (fairy godmother!) surprised my family with an upgrade from a mini suite to this room (16110) in January. Super excited.

I'll be in this cabin in August. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

Does this one have a Lavazza machine? (I've heard only some suites do and I'd like to have it)

How was the Haven Spa? I know its tiny, but it is right there!

Do you have pics of the room?

;)

wasiii

If it is the same as the BA, the hallways were very quiet on 16. That big white space is crew areas - like pantry, etc.

Someone said something about the spa inside the Haven area. As best as I understood it, there are spa treatment rooms just forward of the pool. There is a sliding door on the left side and they said "occupied" everytime I went past them.

There was a lady in the Haven who sold the treatments and she would take you to one of those rooms for whatever you bought. Also, one of those rooms was a large bathroom. On the right side just forward of the pool is a sliding door and just past that on the right was a sauna. Then just past that was a hallway to go to the rooms on the right side or a bit more forward was a staircase to go up to the Haven upstairs.

Hi Wasiii,

We just got off Getaway on March 29 and were in 16122. Our door was directly in front of the Haven Lounge door and we never heard any noise. The Haven area has very good soundproofing. We only heard other people when we had our balcony door open and the next door neighbor did too. We were lucky that everyone was considerate of their neighbors.

I'm posting my Getaway Tips for you so that you and your Queen can relax and get the most from your cruise. Scoll down to post #15

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2009254

Have a relaxing, fun time!