Dinner Packages on Allure

I was just browsing the RC website, specifically looking at dining options on Allure. I see they have packages you can buy for dining at the premium restaurants. Has anyone here done this before? Would you buy the package and make reservations online well in advance or once you're on board?

I've purchased the dining package on Allure before and would highly recommend it. It was a great deal as it essentially comes out to getting three specialty restaurant dinners for the price of two.

The only downside was that we had to dine at I believe it was Chops during one of the first two nights of the cruise (which we were able to book online while purchasing the package) and then we would have to book the other two meals (150 Central Park and Giovanni's Table) once on board the ship.

Once we boarded, we went to the restaurants and were able to get reservations without any trouble for the exact days and times we wanted.

We were on Allure last October. The Choice Dining package was four restaurants. Only the Brazilian could be reserved before boarding and had to be night one or two. Made all other reservations the first day aboard. Brazilian was OK, liked the Italian (sat outside on last night). Loved the sushi and Chops steak was very good. Your mileage may vary.

Choice Dining package on Allure is listed at $80 per person for the four restaurants. There are two other dinner packages available on Allure. Go to RCCL.com, ships, Allure of the Seas and all of the dining packages are listed near the bottom of that page.

I don't suggest getting the dinner packages because should you decide to cancel one of the reservations you won't be able to get the proper credit. If you book individually and want to cancel you will receive the credit fine...also I believe you do cancel out a place in the package, you will have to pay the full price of the other restaurants.

You should be able to book any package through My Reservations within 90 days of sailing. It sounds like RCCL.com is having a real problem (again). Really sad that the person on the phone was no help. They won't take your money.:mad: I hope the website gets fixed and you are able to make the reservation you want. Can you select drink packages or shows reservations? Just wondering if any reservations are working.