Dining on allure questions

Hello.

1) We have been on many RC cruises but not on the Allure/Oasis class yet until this May and curious as to what each of these places offer as we not sure which one to go to lol.

What types of foods do these places offer for breakfast and lunch? And do they offer anything to eat past 10pm?

Park Cafe

Solarium Cafe

WipeOut Cafe

Vitality Cafe

(we are familiar with Sorrento's and the Cafe Promenade and Johnny Rockets)

2) We have reservations to dine twice at Giovanni's, 1 at Chops 1 Samba Grill should we want to add two more evenings of dining in the specialty restaurants please tell me which you prefer, which did you like most and least out of all the specialty restaurants?

3) We wanted to try the 150 Central Park but I found the menu (not sure if it is the updated menu) and did not care for it at all therefore, we chose not to go. I also have to be gluten and dairy free and heard they don't offer people that have dietary issues anything else. Is this true?

4) Since I have to be gluten and dairy free, I mainly eat carved meats, vegetables with no sauces, hot entrees with no gravy, I eat roasted and baked potatoes and salads with oil and vinegar...which place would be best for me to eat lunch at?

5) Does Sorrento's offer gluten free pizza? If so, have you tried it and how is it?

6) What is your favorite place to eat (excluding Johnny Rockets as we don't care for the food there) breakfast and why, what did they have there?

I appreciate all the help and advice you can give me thank you!

Can help with some questions.

Regarding the carved meats for lunch, Park Cafe and Windjammer would be your best bets. Park Cafe has a nice selection of salad ingredients that they will put together for you.

Sorrento's does have GF pizza, but I've not had it.

Favorite place for breakfast is Johnny Rockets. Breakfast is no extra charge there on Oasis and Allure.

Edited by clarea

Wondering what they serve in those various places for lunch? Can anybody answer it be wonderful to hear.

Clarea why is Johnny Rockets your favorite place for breakfast, is the Windjammer and other places to eat breakfast bad?

Wondering what they serve in those various places for lunch? Can anybody answer it be wonderful to hear.

Clarea why is Johnny Rockets your favorite place for breakfast, is the Windjammer and other places to eat breakfast bad?

The Windjammer on Oasis and Allure is small compared to the number of guests on board, so can be very crowded. Additionally, the Windjammer on Oasis and Allure does not have made-to-order eggs.

Johnny Rockets has outdoor seating, was not crowded when we were there, and makes made-to-order egg dishes. We thought it was a pleasant way to enjoy breakfast.

The Windjammer on Oasis and Allure is small compared to the number of guests on board, so can be very crowded. Additionally, the Windjammer on Oasis and Allure does not have made-to-order eggs.

Johnny Rockets has outdoor seating, was not crowded when we were there, and makes made-to-order egg dishes. We thought it was a pleasant way to enjoy breakfast.

Thanks for the tip about Johnny Rockets. I prefer made to order egg dishes.

We've done Johnny Rockets for breakfast on port days a couple times -- most recently (though still nearly two years ago) on the Allure on Jamaica day. It was virtually deserted, as was the Boardwalk itself, but we were already docked in port, so we had an awesome view of Jamaica and a quiet breakfast with food made fresh to order. No fighting Windjammer crowds for food under a sun lamp. ;)

Park Cafe for breakfast has light options..a few egg (and egg white) sandwiches , bagels with a bunch of toppings( lox, various cream cheeses) granola/yoghurt parfaits and fruit cups.

for lunch you have the lovely Beef on Weck, a smaller version of the tutti salad found in the MDR and a bunch of paninis and other grilled sandwich options. I am partial to the parma ham and brie myself

also one or two soups. plus a few premade salads..tuna, shrimp, etc. plus bagged chips and whole fruit.

Just off the Allure Sunday. Ate breakfast in the dining room most mornings. Eggs cooked to order. The salads and Cherry Crepes at lunch are delicious. The wipeout cafe also does eggs to order. French toast in Winjammer was great, main dining room , not so good. Did not really find any place too crowded. Salads and crepes are in dining room. Loved to be waited on.

Not much has changed on the Allure since last May. You can expect to find the same choices as you had last year onboard. As always be sure that you make them aware of your needs to be gluten free and avoid those dining places that cannot accomodate that request.

If meats are acceptable for you I suggest the Samba Grill. I enjoy the meat selections provided and you pretty much can choose what and how much you want to eat.

Are the scrambled eggs real or liquid eggs in the Windjammer?

Do they have hard boiled eggs in the Windjammer?

So the Park Cafe is very limited on what they offer for variety of foods, I think this is more difficult for me to find something to eat as I need to be dairy and gluten free, what area for breakfast and lunch do you feel is best for me to get veggies, nice salad and carved meats or hot entree meals for lunch and hard boiled eggs, potatoes, ham, bacon, fruit for breakfast?

What time is the MDR open for breakfast on sea and port days and what time for lunch there?

Somebody told me that the MDR has a salad bar is this correct?

CruisinAlong- I may just put another post up just about gluten free that may help us more.

Eng23 we do have 2 evening reservations at Giovanni's, 2 at Chops and 1 at Samba Grill we like to add another evening for dinner what would you choose to go to?

Are the scrambled eggs real or liquid eggs in the Windjammer?

Do they have hard boiled eggs in the Windjammer?

So the Park Cafe is very limited on what they offer for variety of foods, I think this is more difficult for me to find something to eat as I need to be dairy and gluten free, what area for breakfast and lunch do you feel is best for me to get veggies, nice salad and carved meats or hot entree meals for lunch and hard boiled eggs, potatoes, ham, bacon, fruit for breakfast?

What time is the MDR open for breakfast on sea and port days and what time for lunch there?

Somebody told me that the MDR has a salad bar is this correct?

CruisinAlong- I may just put another post up just about gluten free that may help us more.

Eng23 we do have 2 evening reservations at Giovanni's, 2 at Chops and 1 at Samba Grill we like to add another evening for dinner what would you choose to go to?

As you have already ruled out 150 Central Park and you have already chose multiple nights at the other specialty restaurants (save 1 night at Samba) which I think covers all the specialty restaurants, I don't know where else to suggest.

Maybe you could try the Tapas at Vintages. I'm not sure if the tapas menu is gluten free or not though.

Edited by Eng23

Eng23 I wonder whether we should go to Samba Grill twice? Tapas is pretty much all gluten ugh lol

Last year I didn't have to be dairy free now I have to be that and gluten free its very difficult to avoid even one never less two lol.

I also never ate at the Solarium, Park Cafe or the Wipeout thats why I am asking and curious what they have to eat for breakfast and lunch. I know what the Windjammer has and the MDR dinner just like to plan things out to avoid walking back and fourth on such a huge ship. lol

Texmike what time is the MDR open until on sea and port days for breakfast and lunch?