Help on group dining reservations

retdon

Fixed (main) dining sounds like a smart alternative to me.

Now - do you have the booking numbers for everyone else? or the TA does I assume? There is NO reason if the call is made to the ships' co-ordinators that they can't assign everyone at the same tables and possibly very close to each other. We do have the dining room layouts on HALFacts.com

You might find (depending upon the layout) that it will work out well with three tables of 6 for example and an 8.

I have called personally in the past to reserve a specific table and never had an issue. I think they should be very helpful whether you want to do it yourself or trust your TA to do it.

I know the 8:00 pm time wasn't ideal for everyone, but there are munchies on the ship (not to mention room service) so I truly hope that this option works out for your group.

Thanks Jacqui,

I did get the layout and that is what our TA and group coord. are using to decide where they want us to sit. The ship Coord. said she would arrange the reservations and we would have the same tables every night. I agree the 6 tops and an 8 top would be great.

I think we are going to meet for cocktails before dinner and I am sure munchies will be available. There are 3 of us who have suites side by side and are planning on having some wine parties between the cabins, probably before dinner. I always bring some kind of snacks, keeps the hunger pains down when we are eating late dinner. Hope HAL will open our veranda dividers for us.

Reading this as a complete newbie and a relative outsider, I did NOT see the "flaming" you accuse others of. In fact, I thought you were offered some well thought out suggestions which YOU were prompt to dismiss as not being suitable enough for your group. You were quick to be dismissive, rude and overbearing in the insistence that you and your 27 compatriots should and will have the run of the ship's dining and to hell with anyone else's concerns or needs. I've seen flaming and fighting on these boards and frankly, you were handled with kid gloves compared to the way some discussions turn. I do hope y'all enjoy your cruise but I'm sure glad I'm sailing on the Westerdam....I'd be concerned if I knew we were going out on the same ship.

And this is the reason that I, as a newbie, am getting scared off this forum. There really is no need for this and I am surprised that another newbie (though with many more posts than me) would wade into something with such an attack, and really not very nice remarks. Not just you but some others, too.

Thanks Jacqui,

I did get the layout and that is what our TA and group coord. are using to decide where they want us to sit. The ship Coord. said she would arrange the reservations and we would have the same tables every night. I agree the 6 tops and an 8 top would be great.

I think we are going to meet for cocktails before dinner and I am sure munchies will be available. There are 3 of us who have suites side by side and are planning on having some wine parties between the cabins, probably before dinner. I always bring some kind of snacks, keeps the hunger pains down when we are eating late dinner. Hope HAL will open our veranda dividers for us.

I'll be very careful how I word this lest I offend without meaning to.........

Perhaps you are aware you can order hot and cold appetizers/hors d'ouerves delivered to your suite to serve at your wine party. Speak with the concierge. There is no charge for service for four persons per suite. Seeing you have three suites, you would receive hors' d'ouerves for 12 at no charge. You could opt to purchase more but the quantity they deliver is very generous and what they say will feed 12 really will feed twice that.

Just trying to be helpful. :o But I sure feel like we got told off!

<snip>Some of you people love a fight, hope you enjoyed this one and if you happen to be on our cruise you will enjoy meeting a bunch of fun loving seniors, by the way, please feel to join us we like to meet new friends who love to cruise. You can find us wearing our red, Hialeah High tee shirts and name badges, sometimes we have horse balloons, LOL (our mascot is the Thoroughbreds of Hialeah Race Track). Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, thanks Betty, Kazu and other posters.

<snip>I think your question was a good one, and I don't think you deserved all the nasty comments you've received.

I am honestly SO confused. I didn't see any nastiness or cruelty on this thread at all. Varying opinions? Yes, of course, but I don't know what flaming you're talking about. I'm a voracious reader and my reading comprehension is pretty good, so I just don't get the accusations here.

"Flaming" doesn't mean "expressing an opinion." But when a poster starts a thread by declaring that she doesn't expect to get "flamed," it puts all responses into that category, seems to me.

This is a discussion board; people discuss. People are guaranteed to be exposed to opinions that vary from their own, especially when their experience is based on the way another cruise line runs its dining room. To repeat "On RCI we had no problems" isn't relevant, and for people to explain how HAL's dining rooms work is.

Your steward can open the door in each partition between abutting verandahs. The partitions cannot be taken down.

Thanks for your suggestions. I have the menus for the additional food we can order and we are looking them over. We will have to wait until our final count is in before we can determine how much to order.

I wondered about the partitions, have seen the door open, if that is open we can still move from one area to another. We also have a large banner to put up for the video camera, I am ordering a photo and hope they can get it.

So exciting to plan a cruise and I do enjoy posting and reading everything on CC. Sorry, our cruise thread is dead, nobody but 4 of us posting ever once in a while. I doubt there will be a M&M, but we will still have fun.

A M & M would seem 'redundant', wouldn't it?

You're having dinner together as a group every night. :)

M&M is for the opportunity to meet each other. You all know each other.

Unless you opened the M&M to all CC'ers on your cruise, what you would be having is a private party for your group.

Edited by sail7seas

And this is the reason that I' date=' as a newbie, am getting scared off this forum. There really is no need for this and I am surprised that another newbie (though with many more posts than me) would wade into something with such an attack, and really not very nice remarks. Not just you but some others, too.[/quote']

I agree with you Marco's Tia................ Don't get scared off this forum , it's a wealth of good information. I usually just take everything "with a grain of salt" Some times comments aren't meant to be nasty but just come across like that. I take all the good suggestions and just ignore all the other stuff.:)