Volendam Question Terminal?

joeyillinois

We'll arrive to Vancouver a day early and stay overnight - Haven't made reservations yet. I just realized there are 2 cruise terminals. Does anyone know if Volendam 7 day round trip leaves from Canada Place or the other begins with B, but can't spell it :)

Thank you Want to find an inexpensive place near the terminal.

Edited by joeyillinois

We'll arrive to Vancouver a day early and stay overnight - Haven't made reservations yet. I just realized there are 2 cruise terminals. Does anyone know if Volendam 7 day round trip leaves from Canada Place or the other begins with B, but can't spell it :)

As to inexpensive, I doubt you will find this near Canada Place. I have found that the hotels close to the airport are much more reasonably priced though. Many of these have free airport shuttles and some are close to the Canada Line skytrain/subway which takes you right near (about 2-3 blocks) Canada Place for about $3 Canadian per person (taxi will run you about $40 plus tip). We did this last cruise and it worked out fine, but you have to be able to handle your own bags on the skytrain.

DaveOKC

We usually stay at the Fairmont across the street. It's really convenient. You may or may not find a deal though. If you go the Fairmont route, sign up for their rewards program before you go. It will give you free Wi-Fi.

The "B" stands for Vancouver's Ballantyne Pier; it's a secondary, handles overflow when CP is booked to capacity. Canada Place is up first with her three cruise ship berths

6155154.jpg

The "B" stands for Vancouver's Ballantyne Pier; it's a secondary, handles overflow when CP is booked to capacity. Canada Place is up first with her three cruise ship berths

6155154.jpg

Canada Place can accommodate 4 cruise ships - it was enlarged a couple of years ago. Last year Ballantyne was seldom used for cruise ships.

Canada Place can accommodate 4 cruise ships - it was enlarged a couple of years ago. Last year Ballantyne was seldom used for cruise ships.

According to the Port Authority website there are only 3 berths at Canada Place.

Edited by bishop84

According to the Port Authority website there are only 3 berths at Canada Place.

Marco's aunt is correct however; per the CP website: The Cruise Ship Terminal at Canada Place welcomes upwards of 900,000 passengers each year. The 3-berth terminal can service up to 4 luxury cruise ships. But that's gotta be a tight fit, depending on the GRT of those four ships. Ballantyne, for 2014, is busy in May with Norwegian Pearl, Radiance OTs, Disney Wonder and Gran Princess, and then tapers off per the cruise ship schedule. It's got some more cruise ships during the remainder of the 2014 Alaska season

VancouverCanadaPlace2_zps93b07b03.jpg

VancouverCanadaPlace_zps8b6f316c.jpg

I'm there quite a lot because I work downtown right next to the cruise ship terminal. We put up with a year of pile-driving when the pier was extended for more ships.:( Come summer time, I will try to post a photo of the full berths if I can figure out how to post a photo on here.

As to inexpensive, I doubt you will find this near Canada Place. I have found that the hotels close to the airport are much more reasonably priced though. Many of these have free airport shuttles and some are close to the Canada Line skytrain/subway which takes you right near (about 2-3 blocks) Canada Place for about $3 Canadian per person (taxi will run you about $40 plus tip). We did this last cruise and it worked out fine, but you have to be able to handle your own bags on the skytrain.

DaveOKC

If you decide to stay out near the airport, make certain you use Google Earth streetview to check out the property you are considering. There are a couple out around there (Can't remember the names) that are quite poorly located, and don't seem to have any restaurants around them.

I'm there quite a lot because I work downtown right next to the cruise ship terminal. We put up with a year of pile-driving when the pier was extended for more ships.:( Come summer time' date=' I will try to post a photo of the full berths if I can figure out how to post a photo on here.[/quote']

I have no doubt! The original CP extended just beyond the "sails". The "green glass" structure is new. Pretty sure those two jet-way's, #3 and #4, are new also. I've only been there with three ships, the third being a smaller size of the Silversea type.

Marco's aunt is correct however; per the CP website: The Cruise Ship Terminal at Canada Place welcomes upwards of 900,000 passengers each year. The 3-berth terminal can service up to 4 luxury cruise ships. But that's gotta be a tight fit, depending on the GRT of those four ships. Ballantyne, for 2014, is busy in May with Norwegian Pearl, Radiance OTs, Disney Wonder and Gran Princess, and then tapers off per the cruise ship schedule. It's got some more cruise ships during the remainder of the 2014 Alaska season

Thanks for the correction! Agree to fit 4 ships on Canada Place 2 of them would have to be small!