Changes to the Next Cruise Program

There is no purchase date on the documents at all. I think that is odd. I am sure the old documents had dates on them.

Is it possible the LA back dated these documents? :confused: I guess I will call Royal Caribbean and find out if I have the old or the new documents.

Would I call Crown and Anchor to ask about this?

Yes, call C&A. They should be able to email you a booking confirmation. It looks very much like a booking confirmation for a specific cruise, except no cruise info. It will list the purchase date.

Did your Open Booking documents look like a generic RCI confirmation invoice with booking number on it on colored paper? If so, there is a date (month and year) in the upper right hand corner.

Here is the number to C&A 1-800-526-9723

No--it looks different. It has a booking number on it, my name, amount paid, travel agency. but, I know it looks different from past documents.

Yes, call C&A. They should be able to email you a booking confirmation. It looks very much like a booking confirmation for a specific cruise, except no cruise info. It will list the purchase date.

No purchase date on the document. :( No date of any kind--not even, the date issued.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

:mad:

I like taking short cruises. I don't mind the drive to Port Canaveral. Today I discovered that took away the balcony and suite discount for shorter cruises!! :mad: GRRR!!!

I have posted on here for a long time and I'm pretty okay with most changes, but this one really SNAPS MY GARTERS!!

I sent C&A an indignant - what's wrong with you people? - email then came by here to see what was going on with them.

What else Royal Caribbean? Have you got some lemon to pour on the cuts you've made?

Edited by temple1

Regarding NCCs- I think the $100 deposit is nonrefundable? Do they actually not refund it if you assign your NCC and then cancel or change your cruise?

I used one awhile ago and I forget. I have another one that I bought last spring that I haven't used yet.

Regarding NCCs- I think the $100 deposit is nonrefundable? Do they actually not refund it if you assign your NCC and then cancel or change your cruise?

I used one awhile ago and I forget. I have another one that I bought last spring that I haven't used yet.

Yes, the Open Booking (previously referred to as a NextCruise) deposit is non-refundable.

We had to cancel 6 cruises after final payment last fall and each was made with a NC booking. When all refunds were received,both from RCI and Berkeley, the only thing not refunded back to us was the cost of our insurance for each cruise.:D

Edited by cruisenfever

They could also release their itineraries all at once so people aren't acting like kids in a candy store. Ooh! Rhapsody is going to Istanbul - let's book that! [two months later] Wow, Jewel is coming to the Left Coast at the same time! Let's do that instead! [6 months later] Hey! Radiance has a brand new Australia route (I'm making that one up) - let's change to that! If they were all out at the same time, then I bet that there would be a lot fewer changes. just sayin.

-Jean

I agree with you on this - we have been caught in this same spot - It would be great if they would release them all at once - make it easier for all concerned!

Yes, the amount you spend on the NCC is supposed to be non-refundable.

:mad:

I like taking short cruises. I don't mind the drive to Port Canaveral. Today I discovered that took away the balcony and suite discount for shorter cruises!! :mad: GRRR!!!

I have posted on here for a long time and I'm pretty okay with most changes, but this one really SNAPS MY GARTERS!!

I sent C&A an indignant - what's wrong with you people? - email then came by here to see what was going on with them.

What else Royal Caribbean? Have you got some lemon to pour on the cuts you've made?

Really? I hadn't heard this one. No balcony discount for shorter cruises? What constitutes a shorter cruise in regards to this? 3-4 night? I agree. That is totally ridiculous.

Edit: I just looked at the old Balcony/Suite discount info and the first discount was applied to sailing 3-5 nights? Does this mean that 5 night sailings won't get the discount anymore? I have a 5 night booked now on the Vision.

Edited by yj2cute

Did your Open Booking documents look like a generic RCI confirmation invoice with booking number on it on colored paper? If so, there is a date (month,date and year when created) in the upper right hand corner.

Here is the number to C&A 1-800-526-9723

Thanks for the number. I called and got a note added to my 2 Open Bookings that they would be considered under the old rules. I explained I was on a ship and could have made a specific booking--but, bought the Open bookings to save time.

I feel the LA onboard should have given us a heads up about this. We talked to quite a few people in the Diamond lounge and there was no discussion about the change. So, I do not think pax onboard knew about this.

I am sorry about the change--but, glad I will be able to use these last 2 bookings under the old system.

PS--I wrote down the date and time of the conversation and the C & A agent's name and the supervisor's name. I expect there to be complications when I redeem these. :p

Yes, the Open Booking (previously referred to as a NextCruise) deposit is non-refundable.

We had to cancel 6 cruises after final payment last fall and each was made with a NC booking. When all refunds were received,both from RCI and Berkeley, the only thing not refunded back to us was the cost of our insurance for each cruise.:D

I am surprised that someone would have 6 cruises to cancel that were all after final payment! I usually get insurance anyway, didn't think of that.

Yes, the amount you spend on the NCC is supposed to be non-refundable.

Ok. I think they did refund me for one NC that I cancelled. They'll probably stop doing that though.

Really? I hadn't heard this one. No balcony discount for shorter cruises? What constitutes a shorter cruise in regards to this? 3-4 night? I agree. That is totally ridiculous.

Edit: I just looked at the old Balcony/Suite discount info and the first discount was applied to sailing 3-5 nights? Does this mean that 5 night sailings won't get the discount anymore? I have a 5 night booked now on the Vision.

I was looking forward to a 5 nighter on Explorer when she moves to Port Canaveral, but now it will cost more for us and the balcony rates were not looking that great anyway.

I was looking forward to a 5 nighter on Explorer when she moves to Port Canaveral, but now it will cost more for us and the balcony rates were not looking that great anyway.

um.. did you read the new discounts?

You still get a discount on a 5-7 night cruise. If you book a balcony on one, it's $100.

The two documents are outlined on the first page of this thread. The discount is lost for 3-4 day, and the length increments are brokend to 5-7, 8-10, 11-14, and 15+ trips.

So before you jump, it may be a good time to look.

To my knowledge, there has been no change to the balcony discounts. You should still get a balcony discount if you are Platinum or better on cruises of 3 days or more.

What has changed with regard to short cruises is the OBC for booking on board. That is gone for cruises less than 5 days.

On the Royal Caribbean website- in November she will move to FL and do 5 & 9 night cruises.

I was referring to the info on the new policy regarding the balcony/suite discounts. This is the first I'm hearing that they won't be applied to shorter cruises.

um.. did you read the new discounts?

You still get a discount on a 5-7 night cruise. If you book a balcony on one, it's $100.

The two documents are outlined on the first page of this thread. The discount is lost for 3-4 day, and the length increments are brokend to 5-7, 8-10, 11-14, and 15+ trips.

So before you jump, it may be a good time to look.

There's a difference between bonus OBC for booking on board, which is what you're referring to, and balcony suite discounts, which is what Temple1 is referring to.

To my knowledge, there has been no change to the balcony discounts. You should still get a balcony discount if you are Platinum or better on cruises of 3 days or more.

What has changed with regard to short cruises is the OBC for booking on board. That is gone for cruises less than 5 days.

Thanks, Bob. But I did read Temple1's email correctly, didn't I? I just re-read it. It referred to balcony/suite discounts.

Thanks, Bob. But I did read Temple1's email correctly, didn't I? I just re-read it. It referred to balcony/suite discounts.

I don't think you read the post incorrectly, it does imply some change to balcony discounts. However, that's not consistent with what I understand about the most recent changes.

Edited by clarea

Weird - My garters might start unsnapping.

I am on hold now waiting to ask a human. If you go on line to the C&A area they no longer show the Suite and Balcony discounts for cruises of 5 days or less. However, if you do a mock booking for a shorter cruise - it give the discount. :(

If I'm missing something on the C&A page - please post where to go to see the amount of discount.

Thanks

I am surprised that someone would have 6 cruises to cancel that were all after final payment! I usually get insurance anyway, didn't think of that.

It certainly wasn't planned. So, yes, it can happen.:(

Edited by cruisenfever

I happen to agree here. When any perk is reduced in any walk of life, people generally overreact to the initial announcement. I still am going to love and cruise Royal. The benefits of a superior cruise vacation far outweigh this relatively minor change in the long run. To be clear: I would have liked it if this change wasn't made.

There's another thread going on at the moment and I thought that post #36 directly reflects the mentality of people all over the world in this age we are in:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2010477&page=2

This mentality by almost every walk of life, rich or poor, is everywhere. We live in a "CostCo" discount warehouse mentality culture. Who cares about the best service or the best product... if the other product is cheaper, even is it's worse built or provides less value, it doesn't matter... go with the cheaper based on price. I am seeing that everyday in my business, and every business in the world seems to be operating this way (I'm generalizing).

RCL is also working with this culture. The days of providing chocolates on the pillows, etc are way way gone... and SOOOOOO don't matter to people this day and age. I have had 3 superb cruise experiences my last 3 cruises, staff and people and food have been excellent! I figure that while they're trying to keep some level of service up, they are still competing for market share. Take a look of some of the pricing of cruises not fully booked over the next month.... very inexpensive to get on some of the ships, even with the KSF promo going on. They will adjust to market.

I don't think, like others have already said, that this NCC cut is the end of the changes to the C&A benefits. RCL will have to offer a better bottom line price to new(er) cruisers to get them on board, cut benefits, and add more pay-options on board to make revenue. Take a look at NCL prices for example on EPIC and a few other ships... how can RCL compete with Epic at $400 for an interior 7-day? The answer? Look at some of Freedom's $499 pricing. Some of Oasis pricing at an all time low ($600 interior)... These were double only 2 years ago. So decrease prices, increase on-board revenue as offset, impact service as little as possible (but will happen)... exactly what's been happening imo.

Weird - My garters might start unsnapping.

I am on hold now waiting to ask a human. If you go on line to the C&A area they no longer show the Suite and Balcony discounts for cruises of 5 days or less. However, if you do a mock booking for a shorter cruise - it give the discount. :(

If I'm missing something on the C&A page - please post where to go to see the amount of discount.

Thanks

I just checked our C&A benefits and you are correct.

Balcony discount for D+/PC Members booking more than 6 months from departure is now

$250 ~~ 6-9 Nights

$350 ~~ 10-14 Nights

$350 ~~ 15+ Nights

Subtract $25 if booked less than 6 months from departure.

I just checked our C&A benefits and you are correct.

Balcony discount for D+/PC Members booking more than 6 months from departure is now

$250 ~~ 6-9 Nights

$350 ~~ 10-14 Nights

$350 ~~ 15+ Nights

Subtract $25 if booked less than 6 months from departure.

I just spent a few minutes looking for that page, and could not find it. Frustrating.:confused:

I just spent a few minutes looking for that page, and could not find it. Frustrating.:confused:

I couldn't find it either. You have to go under Special Offers, then Onboard Booking bonus. And it is as the others stated. Only showing discounts for 6 nights or longer. That would really suck if true.

Edited by yj2cute