Wine Vintage Question

BosoxI

We recently enjoyed a Steele Pinot Noir and I'd like to buy a case. Trouble is I don't know the vintage, though I think it was either a 2010 or 2011. Can some one help? It lists for $51 a bottle on the wine list. Thanks.

Don't know answer to that question, but have you tried Matua Pinot Noir? We enjoyed it on Equinox, in the CellarMasters, it considerably less than Steele (which I've had many times & enjoy as well)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More important than the vintage is the region of origin and the specific bottling. If it's the one included in the premium package ($12 or $13 a glass - I had some in Qsine) it's the Santa Barbara offering. Their Carneros Pinots are somewhat higher in price (consistent with other Carneros wines).

Actually, I was hoping someone on board or with access to the current wine list could check for me. We don't usually drink pinot noir as we find them too light for our taste, but this Steele was quite robust and a very pleasant surprise.

Actually, I was hoping someone on board or with access to the current wine list could check for me. We don't usually drink pinot noir as we find them too light for our taste, but this Steele was quite robust and a very pleasant surprise.

Try looking at a Roll Call for those departing soon and asking someone on there to check for you. (Actually try a couple of Roll Calls)

Most cruise line wine lists don't include vintage (I guess that's so they can change if they need to) so someone may need to ask a sommelier.

Edited by chamima