Questions on allure

Hello, a few more questions on the allure if you don't mind:

1- Do they provide blowdryers, how are they should I bring my own, I like powerful hot air coming out of them

2- What time is the MDR open for breakfast and lunch on sea and port days

3- What is your favorite specialty restaurant and why

4- Where to eat when we board, windjammer, park cafe, solarium cafe or vitality cafe (we don't care for the roast beef sandwiches)

5- Where do they have the meat carving for lunch

Thank you.

They do provide hair dryers, but they are the kind that need the button pushed continuously to stay on. Some posters have mentioned that the supplied dryers are not strong enough. It sounds like you should bring your own.

I'll answer what I can...

1. My wife didn't care for the provided hair dryers- too weak and took too long. She said next time she'll pack her own.

2. Last week MDR was open for breakfast different times for each port. For Eastern it was 7-9A in Nassau and St Maarten and 8-10A in St Thomas. Sea days was 8-10A. Lunch was 12-130P every day except Nassau (closed).

4. Windjammer was PACKED on embarkation day. We ate at Park Cafe but the other choices weren't very busy as we walked around.

Thanks for the info

I will definitely bring my own blowdryer I usually do anyways

Which area during the entire cruise would be best for me to have lunch each day...I have to be both gluten and dairy free, I count on carved meats, plain hot entrees, roasted or baked potatoes, salads and veggies.

When you say the windjammer was packed what time did you get up there and what time did you board the ship?

We boarded around 1130-1145 as part of the initial Gold C&A group, so only the higher C&A tiers and suite guests were ahead of us.

We didn't head straight for the WJ, but we got there about 20 min after we boarded and there was already a long line.

We passed it again around 2-230PM and there was still a pretty long line.

Where would the best place be for salads?

In the MDR at lunch they have the Tutti Salad; it is a great salad bar where you walk through it, tell them what you want, and they put it together. MDR is typically only open on sea days.

Is shampoo provided on the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, they have the shampoo/conditioner combination in a dispenser in the shower. I find the shampoo fine, but like better conditioner so I bring some of that.

From your signature you sailed on the Allure last year. It might help if you told us where you went then and if you liked it or not and maybe we could be of more guidance. Why not try Giovanni's Table for lunch on embarkation day. For dinner I am a Chops fan as along as they still have the old menu.

From your signature you sailed on the Allure last year. It might help if you told us where you went then and if you liked it or not and maybe we could be of more guidance. Why not try Giovanni's Table for lunch on embarkation day. For dinner I am a Chops fan as along as they still have the old menu.

What kind of land-based steak house would you compare Chops to?

The last few cruises we took the eastern caribbean sailing.

We have reservations 2 nights Chops, 2 nights Giovanni's and 1 evening Samba Grill and considering choosing another but we undecided which place to go to for the 6th evening, any advice be appreciated.

I think Chops is so much better than Longhorn/Outback/Texas Roadhouse. Not quite up to Mortons or Ruths Chris, but somewhere in between. I love a good steakhouse, Bern's is my favorite, and Chops has never disappointed.

Edited by dacsmom