pre-cruise hotel for San Pedro departure

cibaygirls

I am cruising from San Pedro in early May; my TA has booked me at a hotel by the airport, however based on the wisdom of CC members, I am rethinking this and looking for a hotel closer to the port. I understand the Crown Plaza is ideal, however that rate is $249 at the moment.

Does anyone have any other suggestions. I was also told to look into Doubletree but am not sure I am looking at the right one: I see the one in Torrance on Hawthorne Blvd. Is that right? Are there others people would suggest? If there are any with shuttles either from hotel or to the port that would be ideal.

Dana

Edited by cibaygirls

Hi cibaygirls,

Details of the Doubletree hotel is as follows:

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel San Pedro - Port of Los Angeles

2800 Via Cabrillo Marina, San Pedro

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-san-pedro-port-of-los-angeles-LGBSPDT/index.html

From what I have read on the forums (there are plenty threads), the best way to book either Crowne Plaza or Doubletree is by doing a priceline bid using the following details: San Pedro, 3 1/2 stars. You will either get Crowne Plaza or Doubletree. People have successfully won usually the Crowne Plaza for around $65/night (before taxes).

Both hotels offer a complimentary shuttle to the port of San Pedro.

Good luck!!!

Edited by js4rq

I am cruising from San Pedro in early May; my TA has booked me at a hotel by the airport, however based on the wisdom of CC members, I am rethinking this and looking for a hotel closer to the port. I understand the Crown Plaza is ideal, however that rate is $249 at the moment.

Does anyone have any other suggestions. I was also told to look into Doubletree but am not sure I am looking at the right one: I see the one in Torrance on Hawthorne Blvd. Is that right? Are there others people would suggest? If there are any with shuttles either from hotel or to the port that would be ideal.

Dana

The DoubleTree is at 2800 Via Cabrillo-Marina. Try placing a PriceLine bid: look for 3 1/2 stars in San Pedro--you will get either the DoubleTree or Crowne Plaza. Many of us have gotten the CP for around $65-75 for a May date, but that was a while back. Both the CP and DT have shuttles to the port.

Take a look at the first sticky note above.

Looks like js4rq posted while I was typing--at least we said the same thing.

Edited by pizzalady1

Thank you both.. I have tried priceline and have bid $125 and am not getting a room. I am going to try again, at the moment I have a room booked at the Best Western Suites on Gaffey, but am going to keep trying my luck to get into the Crown Plaza as it seems that the doubletree is currently booked.

Dana

Thank you both.. I have tried priceline and have bid $125 and am not getting a room. I am going to try again, at the moment I have a room booked at the Best Western Suites on Gaffey, but am going to keep trying my luck to get into the Crown Plaza as it seems that the doubletree is currently booked.

Dana

we have stayed in long beach near queen mary and then paid $20 for cab ride to san pedro terminal...there are many things to do in long beach...

Just stayed March 8th for our march 9 the cruise on ncl star. Have courtesy shuttle runs every 30 minutes starting at 9:30am sign up for your time as soon as you check in. Has continental breakfast Nice rooms. Lotsa food within 4 or 5 blocks. We took 9:30 shuttle. Dropped off all bags and walked to USS Iowa that opened at 10 am

Just stayed March 8th for our march 9 the cruise on ncl star. Have courtesy shuttle runs every 30 minutes starting at 9:30am sign up for your time as soon as you check in. Has continental breakfast Nice rooms. Lotsa food within 4 or 5 blocks. We took 9:30 shuttle. Dropped off all bags and walked to USS Iowa that opened at 10 am

Is this the Best Western San Pedro Inn and Suites or a different property? We cruise from SP on April 5, and I'm having no luck bidding.

We hope that we can be of assistance when planning your stay at the LA Waterfront in San Pedro. Local San Pedro Hotels:

Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel – Very close to cruise terminal & offers free shuttle

1 800-972-2576

http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/san-pedro/laxpv/hoteldetail

Sunrise Hotel – Very close to terminal. Offers Park & Cruise

310-548-1080

http://www.sunrisesanpedro.com/

DoubleTree by Hilton San Pedro – 5 minute drive to terminal

310-514-3344

http://www.sanpedrodoubletree.com/

Best Western Plus (Formerly San Pedro Inn & Suites) – 5 minute drive to terminal

310-514-1414

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/US/CA/San-Pedro-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-PLUS-San-Pedro-Hotel---Suites/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=05708

Vagabond Inn – 5 minute drive to terminal

310-831-8911

http://www.vagabondinn.com/california/vagabond-inn-san-pedro.aspx

*Stay close to the cruise terminal – there’s plenty to do here at the LA Waterfront!*

Local Downtown & Waterfront Dining Guide: www.sanpedrobid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Dining-Guide-With-Coupons.pdf

Visit the Battleship IOWA: http://www.pacificbattleship.com/

Ride the Free Downtown San Pedro Trolley: www.sanpedrobid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2014-Trolley-Schedule.pdf

Other Local Attractions: http://www.sanpedrobid.com/attractions/

Have a specific question about San Pedro? Email lmoore@sanpedrobid.com

Is this the Best Western San Pedro Inn and Suites or a different property? We cruise from SP on April 5, and I'm having no luck bidding.

We like the Crown Plaza with their free shuttle to the port.

We like the Crown Plaza with their free shuttle to the port.

I finally gave up bidding and booked the Crowne Plaza at a discounted rate through another site. We stayed there last time and loved it. The Double Tree is full, and we didn't want to stay in the other hotels - not very good reviews. Now on to packing....... :)

We have stayed at both the Crowne Plaza and the Double Tree Inn. The CP is fine, it is your typical downtown hotel but there really nothing special about it. The DTI on the other hand is located in a quite, park like setting with rooms overlooking the LA Yacht Club and marina. Both offer free shuttles but the DTI gives you a lovely warm chocolate cookie on check in. :)

Dana

When we find the rates high like that we will head over to Long Beach and stay there. Quick cab ride away.

cibaygirls - any luck bidding for a San Pedro hotel??

I have been trying since 15 March with no luck... oh well, as least we don't sail until next February! :D

No luck, I had been trying and got up to I think around $180. I decided to just stay put at the Best Western. Save myself some money to spend on wine in Sonoma!!:D

Dana

• 11 months later...
No luck, I had been trying and got up to I think around $180. I decided to just stay put at the Best Western. Save myself some money to spend on wine in Sonoma!!:D

Dana

How was your stay at the Best Western? It received some good reviews. We are staying there in Oct.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Donna :)

• 2 weeks later...