Do Princess read the CC boards

Eaglemad

I have met a social media staffer for a corporation in an unrelated industry. You might think it a fun job reading CC, but there are other travel forums which also comment on Princess products. Add in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and ... blah, blah, blah. The number of sites needing attention each hour is absurd. You read all day and try to flag major issues from the flood of postings. This person would also have to work OT if some crisis in the branding occurred. Given the context, imagine working during the first 24 hours of the Costa Concordia.

I an not thinking it would be fun after 7 hours at the screen trying to see it all for the one or two really important issue posts. I can see why posts on CC are so rare and they would have to be drafted and checked before going out like any other marketing material.

M

Interesting because I hadn't heard or read that. I know that Carolyn Spencer Brown is the "Madrina" for the new Regal Princess. She's not the Godmother.

Sorry -- I confused one figurehead for another.

Perhaps you can explain the roll of a 'Madrina'

Interesting because I hadn't heard or read that. I know that Carolyn Spencer Brown is the "Madrina" for the new Regal Princess. She's not the Godmother.

I will state again that Princess can request that a post be removed or report it, just like any of us can, and perhaps their request/report is given more weight but Princess cannot tell CC to remove a post. I don't care how much "insider" information one thinks one has.

Sorry -- I confused one figurehead for another.

Perhaps you can explain the roll of a 'Madrina'

Miriam Webster on-line:

madrina = godmother

:confused: ... :confused: ... :confused:

http://www.spanishcentral.com/translate/madrina

Edited by chamima

This can help confuse the issue

http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2012/08/Royal-Princess-Float-Out-Celebrated-with-Nod-to-the-Past.html

Maybe to Princess the difference is between floatout and christening.

I certainly do believe that is the case. The "madrina" is designated for the float-out and the Godmother for the christening.

Captain Tony Yeomans also told us during a M&G that he looks at roll calls to get a feel for what the passengers desire and look forward to on this particular cruise. I think that is great customer service, especially at his level of seniority.

I'd prefer the Captain do his Captain duties rather than read Cruise Critic. And unless he's providing some service based on what he's reading, it's really not enhanced customer service.

Ah ... this explains my confusion.

I assume the purpose of selecting a 'godmother/madrina' is either

to curry favor with that person, or to gain publicity.

I tend to agree. The first I've heard of this "madrina" role is in the launching of Royal 2 and Regal 2 - when all is said and done and the ship is actually christened, the madrina is eclipsed. Carolyn Spencer Brown's appointment as madrina for Regal Princess 2 always seemed to me to smell fishy. Besides the small splash of publicity what was that all about?

I will state again that Princess can request that a post be removed or report it, just like any of us can, and perhaps their request/report is given more weight but Princess cannot tell CC to remove a post. I don't care how much "insider" information one thinks one has.

Is there inside information that supports this? It's so difficult to get anyone at CC to provide a reason for the removal of a post, it seems their policies would be kept in a secret, non accessible file somewhere.

Edited by bdjam

Is there inside information that supports this? It's so difficult to get anyone at CC to provide a reason for the removal of a post, it seems their policies would be kept in a secret, non accessible file somewhere.
CC will not, nor do they have to, explain the reason for a post removal. Suffice to say that if you're familiar with the CC Guidelines, you'd realize the reason. I gave a talk on the Royal Princess T/A for over 100 roll call members that hopefully demystified it. I'm doing it again on the Royal in September. Edited by Pam in CA

• Administrators
I've gotten some inside information about this practice. Princess has more authority than one may think. That is all I will say on this.

Well, that's a surprise to me. Never once has anyone at Princess asked us to remove a posting from this forum due to content.

It is 100% Cruise Critic's decision to moderate these forums; no one else can exert pressure to do so. I've been doing this for 19 years at this company, and you do not know what you are talking about.

We have removed posts that contain an employee's last name (you know, the lower level employee-types).

Sorry to take a post from another thread, but Pam's comment makes me wonder if Princess are reading CC boards, why don't they answer members queries and complaints? :D

Corporate is in charge, however, I know customer relations on the ship reads the reviews, especially cruise critic. The ship people have no control it is all corporate

CC will not, nor do they have to, explain the reason for a post removal. Suffice to say that if you're familiar with the CC Guidelines, you'd realize the reason. I gave a talk on the Royal Princess T/A for over 100 roll call members that hopefully demystified it. I'm doing it again on the Royal in September.

Pam, you know I'm familiar with the CC guidelines and I wasn't asking for CC to explain the reason for a post removal. I was simply asking how the contention that Princess couldn't get a post removed was supported. Given Laura's post, I get it.