Spa Perks on Carnival?

Kingisacruiser

Hi all,

I was reading a review about another line/ship that I may be interested in trying out. The reviewer wrote that use of the steam rooms are free on Carnival while it must be paid for on this particular cruise line.

I thought that a passenger can use the steam rooms and thallosotherapy (sp) pool is complimentary if booked in a spa room. If not, you would have to pay for these amenities either with purchase of a day pass or a pass for a week. I hope I haven't been missing out on a well kept secret if the use of these amenities are complimentary.

I would appreciate clarification on this point.

Thanks.

And yes, free. On the ships that have Cloud 9 spas, I believe that they only have either a dry sauna or steam room that is free and you have to have a spa pass for the upgraded features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what they have for free on the Splendor, I will be leaving on the 25th and so wanted a spa cabin but it wasn't an option when I booked. I now see it is being offer again but at a rate I'm not willing to pay since I don't know that much about it.

The steam rooms within the gym locker rooms are free for anyone to use. The Cloud 9 Spa steam rooms, thallasotherapy pool and relaxation rooms are for use by those with Spa staterooms or those that buy the weekly or daily passes. If you want to see what is included in the Cloud 9 Spa Rooms you can take a look at this video.

That is a link to the first video there are 3 more that you should see links listed to the right of that one.

I paid for use of the spa on Splendor, I don't remember how much it was, but I think it was maybe $150ish. Very much worth it. I was up there every day, the thelasso pool was great and I still miss it, the various steam rooms are nice. Plus, Serenity is right outside of the 2nd floor of the spa, so you can head out there to relax.

Thanks all. I am trying to decide whether there is anything extra including with Spa rooms that make booking one worth it.

The spa cabins are decorated differently and you get upgraded spa robes. You also get slippers and spa (Elemis) products in the rooms and unlimited access to the rooms like those in the video that I posted. That one is the Dream but all are similar. You get some discounts on spa treatments and if you book the first day you get priority spa appointments. The spa cabins have a special elevator and staircase that go up to the spa and to the Serenity deck.