Century Question

verodoodle

I can upgrade from a Concierge stateroom to a century suite for about $100. I am now located midship deck 9 and the suite are aft on deck 10. Not sure about noise from the sunset bar above? Any other info would also be helpful as we have sailed celebrity, just not on the Century

Thanks

dave

Edited by verodoodle

you might hear some noise as people drag chairs and tables around for early breakfast. I've never had it too bad, and we've certanly had cabins below the sunset bar on ships before. If you're a really light sleeper, I might think twice, but it's not too bad from my experience.

The aft cabin is TOTALLY worth it!

We're normally "aft people", but after seeing these cabins on Century, and talking to the folks staying in them, there was not one aft-facing cabin we wanted. There are three categories of these cabins:

Sunset Verandah -- not true "stern cabins". They look out over the Sunset Bar, with its noise and smoke, and lack of privacy.

Family View -- the bottom two levels of cabins actually located on the stern -- people complain about vibration, soot, and oddly-configured cabins (one side of the bed is up against the wall).

Century Suites -- not really much of a suite -- balcony is less than impressive. Plus, you have zero privacy from the folks milling around at the Sunset bar.

One problem (aside from soot) that is common to all these cabins is vibration -- most noticeable when the ship is slowing down, or coming into port. We had a great verandah cabin toward the starboard aft, on our last cruise -- but, we definitely felt the vibrations!

Personally, I'd keep the mid-ship Concierge Cabin!

Personally, I'd downgrade to a standard veranda stateroom. You pay more for CC, normally, and get little for it. However, since you are now in a CC, stay in it and enjoy the little differences that you would lose if you upgraded to the Century Suite. The stateroom sizes are the same for all 3 classes.

We had the Century Suite just below the Sunset bar and liked it. There was some soot and occasional paper garbage from the bar, but nothing major. We didn't notice vibration to any extent, and the cabin was larger than the concierge. There was a regular sofa instead of just a wide chair so two could sit comfortably inside. And there were loungers on the deck.

This is how exposed the Century suite balconies are when viewed from the railing at the Sunset bar area. That's the balcony for 1139 as we had the FV 9245 directly below it. We didn't have a soot problem but our balcony was partially covered by that one and there was some vibration when the ship slowed typically when coming into port.

attachment.php?attachmentid=306102&d=1395099752

DSC02786a.jpg.5e249e4118c3c4b3dafe82dd7a136188.jpg

Edited by robtulipe