Letdown?

mizzoufinal4

Ok so a quick question.... Our family of 4 DH, DW, DD5, and DD3 went on the Disney fantasy last january to the eastern carribean. My question is this I noticed that next Jan. Fantasy is only doing eastern and the Majic is doing the 7 night western. since we already went on the eastern we would prefer to go on the western this year but thinking that the Majic may be a huge let down in comparison to the Fantasy. The Fantasy was awsome! Any thoughts? thanks in advance for your thoughts!

I actually PREFER the Magic and Wonder over the Dream and Fantasy.

Only once on the Dream did I brave the long line for the Aqua Duck, and it was fun....but not worth choosing one ship over the other for.

I like the layout in the adult club area better on the older ships, and also the adult pool.

I'm not very crazy about the "new" Animator's. It seemed more magical before. I almost felt as though Crush was intrusive and loud.

Anyway....I don't think it will be a let down. Just different. And if you haven't experienced the "classic" ships, then I think you should!

Animator's Palate has been replaced and updated on the Disney Magic with new shows.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/dining/animators-palate/

Drawn to Magic:

Watch the evolution of animation—from pencil test to ink-and-paint to storytelling. Follow a hero's journey through Disney and Pixar animation, from wishing upon a star to happily-ever-after. In an emotional finale, the black-and-white interior of the restaurant is transformed with splashes of vibrant colors. Join Sorcerer Mickey as he leads the fun!

Animation Magic:

On 7-night sailings and longer, you can try your hand at drawing your very own character—and then watch in wonder as your creation becomes part of the show, dancing alongside some favorite classic Disney characters! You won't believe your eyes.

ex techie

Animator's Palate has been replaced and updated on the Disney Magic with new shows.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/dining/animators-palate/

ex techie

This sounds great, too. It bugs me that on the newer ships, Crush doesn't (can't) talk to everyone....and I think this could be hard to explain to some of the smaller kiddos.

Thats true, and kiddo's have to learn that sometimes you dont get what you want unfortunately but you can still enjoy the experience.

Tough one for the parents to explain, but if for first cruisers if they dont mention it beforehand there is no expectation, and if second time cruisers they are told they might get to speak to Crush, only might, then what else can you do apart from remove the feature all together?

Like that line at WDW for your favorite character that closes because you were delayed getting there.

There is a limit to what they can do to appease all of the guests and meet everyone of their wishes.

ex techie

The Animation Magic show was on the Fantasy. Hints--follow instructions. Do not color outside the lines. Do not use black in your coloring other than small spots for eyes or similar. If any of your black touches the black lines on the placemat, they won't be able to use your drawing in the show. My daughter "dressed" her character in black--didn't work. The servers explained to her that it was the way the computer reads the black lines and that the black clothing messed that up.

My "not nearly so nicely done" drawing was fine as it used no black.

Thats true, and kiddo's have to learn that sometimes you dont get what you want unfortunately but you can still enjoy the experience.

Tough one for the parents to explain, but if for first cruisers if they dont mention it beforehand there is no expectation, and if second time cruisers they are told they might get to speak to Crush, only might, then what else can you do apart from remove the feature all together?

Like that line at WDW for your favorite character that closes because you were delayed getting there.

There is a limit to what they can do to appease all of the guests and meet everyone of their wishes.

ex techie

Very true....just so hard to tell that to a little one who's crying.

LOL...I was the last person in line to get a picture taken with Captain Jack one time....bored, with nothing else to do.....and I got up there, and they said "Sorry...we have to go". HUH???? One more picture, with no one else in line???? Even we adults have a hard time understanding sometimes!!

We did a week on the Fantasy and our next cruise was on the Magic. Frankly' date=' I prefer the Magic. It is smaller and more intimate...and I like the adult areas better.

There were some cool features on the Fantasy, but for us, the Magic wins.[/quote']

We too love the Magic.....having sailed all four the Magic is our favorite.....best crew IMO.....

We too love the Magic.....having sailed all four the Magic is our favorite.....best crew IMO.....

The Magic was our first, and boarding always feels like coming home. Yes, we feel she has the best overall crew. We have select favorites who have chosen or been assigned to other ships or left the cruise line life, but the Magic is special.

Very true....just so hard to tell that to a little one who's crying.

LOL...I was the last person in line to get a picture taken with Captain Jack one time....bored, with nothing else to do.....and I got up there, and they said "Sorry...we have to go". HUH???? One more picture, with no one else in line???? Even we adults have a hard time understanding sometimes!!

It true and sad, but I guess as an adult you dealt with it better than a 6 year old I hope! :p

But it is all part of the learning process of living in the world where you can have many disappointments every day in your life.

That is just the way it is, and you have to learn to pick up self back up and move on unfortunately.

The little one who is crying wont understand why, but the parent should and that is part of parenting too and a learning process to be a mature young adult and then an adult.

It's the parents job to manage the situation and the outbursts and meldowns by the kids and correct them when they are not appropriate.

I remember going to the record store to buy a record by my favorite band and it being sold out. I was so upset. My dad said it will be back again in a few days.

A few hours later I forgot about it and had moved on so much I completely forgot about the record being back in stock and he reminded me 2 weeks later that I still hadnt bought it!

Parenting seems different from the 70's to now.

If a child doesn't get what they expect now, the parent is outraged and angry at the supplier. Even when the supplier isnt at fault, and has clearly stated the terms and conditions and availability, or cannot do what is asked right now for whatever reason.

Once it was stop crying or we will never go here again, your embarrassing us all, and now it's stay here while I yell at someone because your disappointed/unhappy and upset.

ex techie

It true and sad, but I guess as an adult you dealt with it better than a 6 year old I hope! :p

But it is all part of the learning process of living in the world where you can have many disappointments every day in your life.

That is just the way it is, and you have to learn to pick up self back up and move on unfortunately.

The little one who is crying wont understand why, but the parent should and that is part of parenting too and a learning process to be a mature young adult and then an adult.

It's the parents job to manage the situation and the outbursts and meldowns by the kids and correct them when they are not appropriate.

I remember going to the record store to buy a record by my favorite band and it being sold out. I was so upset. My dad said it will be back again in a few days.

A few hours later I forgot about it and had moved on so much I completely forgot about the record being back in stock and he reminded me 2 weeks later that I still hadnt bought it!

Parenting seems different from the 70's to now.

If a child doesn't get what they expect now, the parent is outraged and angry at the supplier. Even when the supplier isnt at fault, and has clearly stated the terms and conditions and availability, or cannot do what is asked right now for whatever reason.

Once it was stop crying or we will never go here again, your embarrassing us all, and now it's stay here while I yell at someone because your disappointed/unhappy and upset.

ex techie

Some people DO parent that way now....and we could start a whole new discussion about how I think that's one of the biggest contributions to the downfall of our society......

But there are different circumstances. I know it's VERY impossible to please everyone, but with an interactive meal like Animator's, even adults can't help but sit and wish they'd had a better seat sometimes....and I agree, I would have told my kids (and did, often) that sometimes life just isn't fair...but it's still hard.

[sNIP] .and I agree, I would have told my kids (and did, often) that sometimes life just isn't fair...but it's still hard.[sNIP]

And I agree with that.

Parenting is the hardest job in the world, and preparing young people for disappointment is probably one of the hardest.

ex techie

Ok so a quick question.... Our family of 4 DH, DW, DD5, and DD3 went on the Disney fantasy last january to the eastern carribean. My question is this I noticed that next Jan. Fantasy is only doing eastern and the Majic is doing the 7 night western. since we already went on the eastern we would prefer to go on the western this year but thinking that the Majic may be a huge let down in comparison to the Fantasy. The Fantasy was awsome! Any thoughts? thanks in advance for your thoughts!

I think it depends on what you liked on th Fantasy. If it was the size, midship detective agency, Aquaduck, satellite falls, some of the bars, or the virtual porthole, then yes, you will be disappointed in the Magic.

If it was the service, the classic appearance, the characters, the shows, the family friendly activities and the overall "Disney magic" you will not be disappointed. I have been on both (all though not the "reimagined Magic YET), and I loved all th bells and whistles on th Fantasy, and she is a GORGEOUS ship, but for a family with smaller kids, especially, I think there are a lot of pluses to th Magic. Easier to get around, easier to see characters, more intimate kids clubs, less crazy busy, especially off peak season. I do think there re less water play options for kids in diapers, but that may not be an issue for you. Also, from what I've heard th aqua DUNK may not b very kid-friendly -- too scary.

Edited by GatorMomInNC

I think I'm in the minority but I love the Fantasy and would never go back on the Magic no matter what they did to her! We actually felt more crowded on the Magic than on the Fantasy (particularly any events in the atrium/lobby). Can't get enough of the Fantasy though!!