What is the best class?

I think it depends. Do you cruise for the ship? Oasis Class for sure then. Do you cruise for the ports? Well that makes it a bit tougher.

I haven't been on Allure yet, but Freedom is definitely my favorite class. Its a good balance between entertainment ment options and a manageable size so you can go to more ports than just Nassau, Cozumel, Falmouth, St Thomas, St Maarten. And it has a cigar bar onboard :D

I don't understand why Allure is going to Europe. After all, I think most of the ports can't handle ships that size. One of the Oasis class should sail year round from PC and one stays at PE.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't understand why Allure is going to Europe. After all, I think most of the ports can't handle ships that size. One of the Oasis class should sail year round from PC and one stays at PE.

Allure is only in Europe temporarily, since it had to be there for the dry dock anyhow.

In 2015, Royal is just leaving us with Oasis, Freedom, Enchantment, and Majesty! Majesty will be leaving soon too to sail for Pullmantur. They should move Allure to PC and Freedom to Europe. Then, keep Enchantment in PC. Move a Radiance class and Vision to Tampa. Keep Oasis in Fort Lauderdale. Move another Vision there. Keep Majesty...for a few years. Keep Indy or Freedom in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone agree?

I would love to have a Radiance class here full time.

The real problem going forward is going to be the lack of "smaller" ships being built. Only Vision and Radiance class can fit under the Skyway Bridge.

There have been rumblings of building a cruise terminal on the gulf side of the bridge to accommodate larger ships, but it hasn't gone anywhere.

To me, Radiance and Oasis seem like the most interesting. How is the Vision class, especially compared to the Radiance class? We were thinking about going on a Brilliance cruise, but it wasn't in the summer.

Glad you asked that. Currently the Vision class is the only one I haven't been on and will keep an eye out for future deals with that class.

My thought about the Oasis Class is that they are big and revolutionary, I feel they are more about the the inside if the ship, the Ocean almost seems secondary on this class of ship...

A friend who was on NCL Epic felt that way and thought it was less true of the Oasis class as you can get to vantage points all around the ship to see the outside.

Still, the Radiance class seems a little odd. Radiance from Voyager is almost like Quantum from Oasis.

According to your signature, you have been on one cruise, and it wasn't RCI. Please correct me if I'm wrong. How can you say that Radiance class is odd when you haven't sailed on any of them? All the classes of ships are different; there is no comparing "Radiance from Voyager".

What puzzles me is why BOTH Oasis and Allure are at Port Everglades.

Why does this puzzle you? No other terminal can handle them at embarkation/disembarkation. They both sail full every week. It's easy to understand.

Why? Are they bad ships? We are sailing on Enchantment, a Vision class.

No, they are not in bad shape from all I know. Been on Majesty 3 times, never on Enchantment. I don't mind these ships on shorter interaries, but I chose Majesty over Enchantment the last time because it adds Key West on the 4 day cruise, where Enchantment has a sea day.

The best class is whichever one I'm booked on next. :D

My experience is limited to Vision, Radiance and Voyager classes, with my first Freedom class voyage coming up in August.

I really think the best class (for me, at least) is going to depend on the cruise. I really like Radiance class ships, but I don't think I could handle them on a cruise with many consecutive sea days, like a transatlantic. I'd be bouncing off the walls for something to do. I think Voyager or larger would be right for me on a TA.

Or watch for the Oasis class doing their TAs.

In 2015, Majesty will be leaving soon too to sail for Pullmantur.

I have not seen this officially, though given the history of Monarch and Sovereign, I could see where that might have been assumption.

They built a big, expensive terminal solely to handle these ships. They want to make sure the investment is utilized.

And they both have been sailing almost or completely full for 2 years now.

One of the Oasis class should sail year round from PC and one stays at PE.

Royal Caribbean recently signed a new agreement with Port Canaveral which includes a per-passenger fee to cover half the cost of the new $65 million terminal under construction. That terminal is being built to be able to handle an Oasis class ship. It is highly likely they will be moving an Oasis class to Port Canaveral once the 3rd ship comes online in 2016.

Edited by UCF_Knight

Or watch for the Oasis class doing their TAs.

I'd love to do that. My parents will be on the Oasis west bound. It'll probably be awhile before we do any TA. We have school age kids and I doubt we could convince anyone to watch them that long while school is in session.

According to your signature, you have been on one cruise, and it wasn't RCI. Please correct me if I'm wrong. How can you say that Radiance class is odd when you haven't sailed on any of them? All the classes of ships are different; there is no comparing "Radiance from Voyager".

Why does this puzzle you? No other terminal can handle them at embarkation/disembarkation. They both sail full every week. It's easy to understand.

I am not comparing the ships themselves based on personal experience;just on features and size/pax capacity.

And I'm not saying they are odd, I'm just saying that they are different from most of the RCI ships.

Edited by kwazi07

Royal Caribbean recently signed a new agreement with Port Canaveral which includes a per-passenger fee to cover half the cost of the new $65 million terminal under construction. That terminal is being built to be able to handle an Oasis class ship. It is highly likely they will be moving an Oasis class to Port Canaveral once the 3rd ship comes online in 2016.

This is so great to hear!!!!

And I'm not saying they are odd, I'm just saying that they are different from most of the RCI ships.

The four Radiance class ships have something that no other ships in the fleet have: outdoor aft Windjammer seating. For us, this is spectacular. Our last 5 cruises have been on this class and there is absolutely nothing like sitting outside for dinner, watching the sunset in a different port each night. It is glorious. Our Med cruise was phenomenal because of this feature.

The four Radiance class ships have something that no other ships in the fleet have: outdoor aft Windjammer seating. For us, this is spectacular. Our last 5 cruises have been on this class and there is absolutely nothing like sitting outside for dinner, watching the sunset in a different port each night. It is glorious. Our Med cruise was phenomenal because of this feature.

That sounds awesome! The Carnival Paradise had that and I loved having early morning breakfasts on sea days!

Oddball? Ok, that may be my type of thing :) I love Radiance for all the glass and views of the seas from so many places. One of my favourite things about being on the ocean is looking at the sea. Even though we had a great cabin on Voyager, we felt it was more focused indoors with a central promenade, and we prefer the ambience of the Radiance.

This.

I am on a cruise ship. I want to feel connected to the sea, not a mall. While the bigger ships are amazingly interesting, at the end of the day, I don't care about all the bells and whistles, I care about relaxing and seeing the ocean as much as possible.

In 2015, Royal is just leaving us with Oasis, Freedom, Enchantment, and Majesty! Majesty will be leaving soon too to sail for Pullmantur. They should move Allure to PC and Freedom to Europe. Then, keep Enchantment in PC. Move a Radiance class and Vision to Tampa. Keep Oasis in Fort Lauderdale. Move another Vision there. Keep Majesty...for a few years. Keep Indy or Freedom in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone agree?

I agree. I have a special place in my heart for the Majesty and her tiny cabins. If I see she is leaving, I'll have to go sail on her one last time. This being said, I don't know that I would like her for anything longer than the current itineraries.

I agree. I have a special place in my heart for the Majesty and her tiny cabins. If I see she is leaving, I'll have to go sail on her one last time. This being said, I don't know that I would like her for anything longer than the current itineraries.

And just imagine, those ships were the grandest on the ocean when they first came out, sailing 7 night itineraries!

Monarch will always be special to me because she was my first RCI cruise and i wish I could have sailed her one last time. The small cabins wasnt an issue as I require an accessible cabin due to my wheelchair. Actually the accessible deck 9 SOV has so far been the largest cabin or at least seemed like it that ive had on an RCI ship. I think its two SOV cabins made into one and has two windows!

Edited by ryano