Clamato Juice

crazytomatoes

Not sure I'd say that, but the Caesar (as opposed to just plain old Clamato) is one of those quirky things that makes us just slightly different from our friends to the south.

So important is the Caesar that in Canadian airports, at the Air Canada frequent flyer lounge where a self serve bar is available to guests, amongst the shelves of wine glasses, highball glasses and beer glasses etc. is usually a shelf of glasses pre-rimmed for making Caesars - with a dish of celery sticks close by. :D

I'll see if I can get a picture on the way home later today.

Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, Calgary...

image.jpg

:D

Edited by wpgcycler

I'm a Brit who loves a Caeser! Our daughter is living in Calgary for a couple of years and we visited last September. Every time she said let's get a Caeser I thought she was talking about the salad! :D

I'm converted now and schlepped a huge amount of Clamato juice back with us to serve up Caesers to our friends on New Years Eve. They loved them too but the Clamato is all gone - now what do we do???

Adele :)

Could some one please explain to some one from down under what the heck is CLAMATO....SOUNDS LIKE A MIXTURE OF CLAMS AND TOMATOESicon7.gificon7.gificon7.gif

Clam JUICE and tomato JUICE

Who would have ever guessed this thread would go on and on and on.......

One of Canada's favourite cocktails. Clamato is made from tomato juice, clam broth and spices. You can get original or extra spicy:) Rimmer is the salt/spice that they dip the wet glass in so that there are spices on the rim of the glass. You can serve it with celery, pickled beans, pickled asparagus etc Yummy, yummy! And except for the vodka it is really healthy:D

http://www.clamato.com/en/

I found that if one bar ran out another bar had some. Then if you went back to the first bar, lo and behold now they had some too I think it shows up when they they restock :confused:

I'm not a Canadian, but love a good bloody mary!! I found picked Brussel sprouts at my local grocery... so yummy in my bloody mary!

I'm a Brit who loves a Caeser! Our daughter is living in Calgary for a couple of years and we visited last September. Every time she said let's get a Caeser I thought she was talking about the salad! :D

I'm converted now and schlepped a huge amount of Clamato juice back with us to serve up Caesers to our friends on New Years Eve. They loved them too but the Clamato is all gone - now what do we do???

Adele, do an online search for "expat grocery stores in UK for Canadians and Americans", or something to that effect. There are stores in London that cater to expats, they'll ship clamato juice to you for a very good price. I converted my little English pal on my last cruise and had some shipped to her as a surprise. :)

When caesar garnishes go bad...

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/03/ultimate-caesar-garnish-vancouver/

A little over the top

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is just so WRONG on so many levels!! :p

A Caesar, extra spicy, is my favourite bar drink, especially if I am cold or hungry. I am so used to not being able to get Clamato in the US, that I have never even tried to order a Caesar on a ship. That will have to change!

Here in Montana the Ceasar is served probably more often than a Bloody Mary. We also drink red beer, using Clamato juice rather than plain ole (boring) tomato juice. I had my fair share of Ceasars on Silhouette in Jan. after one of our traveling companions showed the bartender at the Sunset bar how to make them. :D

A family member used to winter in Las Vegas before you could get Clamato juice there. She would mix her own using tomato juice, bottled clam juice, a little celery salt, a dash of prepared horseradish, some Worcestershire and Tabasco. It wasn't exactly the same, but was better than nothing when she went into withdrawl.

We lived in Florida and the Clamato juice they sell in Publixs is not the same as what we can get here in Canada. We get Clamato juice made by a company called Motts. It come regular or extra spicy. When we lived there I would take it with me as I could not find any Clamato juice that even came close it what we get here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Clamato we get here in NE is made in Canada.

i am sitting here with a Bloody CEASAR in hand watching the Port Everglades web cam with several cruise ships in port today. .....thinking of all the Canadians in Ft. Lauderdale today ...gonna be a beautiful sail away.....here's to you...:).....thanks Canada :)

I just booked our first cruise on Celebrity and boy am I glad to hear a Caesar is well known on this cruise line. I thought I might have to bring my own Clamato, but then thought of the explosion that might happen in my suitcase on the flight down.

Last year I made about 18 quart sealers of dilled beans solely for the purpose of Caesars. The only downside to this drink is how incredibly fast they go down!:(

I am afraid that with all this talking people will know about the Clamato juice and everyone on our upcoming Reflection cruise will want one. Please do not post anymore and let this slip down the list. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk