Clamato Juice

crazytomatoes

We are sailing on the Century in July and are wondering if anyone knows if Clamato juice is available?

Yes :D

Had mine in Cova everyday, including all the essential food groups.. ;)

We are sailing on the Century in July and are wondering if anyone knows if Clamato juice is available?

On Reflection earlier this month the Guest relations officer told me there were 900(!) Canadians on board. Can you IMAGINE the riot if there was not a Caesar to be found??? :D

They don't have the proper Caesar rimmer though. I brought some with me and left it with the guys at the Martini Bar on the Millie lol I took Matt & Steve's rimmer because its in a convenient tin but the Mott's one is good as well. Need to take a jar of pickled beans next time:D

I am always looking to learn new things. What is Clamato Juice? What is a rimmer? Not following this thread at all and I would love to be able to.

The Bloody Caesar is a true Canadian original - according to Canadian Living magazine , we drink 350 million of these per year (not bad for the 35 million of us).

http://cocktails.about.com/od/vodkadrinkrecipes/r/bloody_caesar.htm

http://www.canadadrymotts.ca/brands/motts-clamato/

http://www.canadianfavourites.com/Motts_Rimmer_200g_p/mottsclamato008.htm

Edited by wpgcycler

I am always looking to learn new things. What is Clamato Juice? What is a rimmer? Not following this thread at all and I would love to be able to.

One of Canada's favourite cocktails. Clamato is made from tomato juice, clam broth and spices. You can get original or extra spicy:) Rimmer is the salt/spice that they dip the wet glass in so that there are spices on the rim of the glass. You can serve it with celery, pickled beans, pickled asparagus etc Yummy, yummy! And except for the vodka it is really healthy:D

http://www.clamato.com/en/

I found that if one bar ran out another bar had some. Then if you went back to the first bar, lo and behold now they had some too I think it shows up when they they restock :confused:

Last cruise on the Equinox, during the captain's Club breakfast lounge, I was offered a Bloody Ceasar instead of a Bloody Mary . It's not on the free drinks menu, but they wanted me to give it a try.

I thought it was "special", but the next morning I went for the classic Bloody Mary again. ;)

What they had on the Eclipse in December were small cans of pre-mixed Mott's Ceasar, not actual Clamato juice. I think they just poured it in a glass and added vodka. The Bloody Ceasar was good, not great. We still enjoyed it. And as Christine said, no celery salt or other rimmer. When I asked him to rim the glass, he used plain white salt, yuck! :p They never had celery, they'd usually put olives in it (which I quickly picked out, yuck again! :p:D).

We found it at the passport bar. They ran out a lot, the bartender told me Canadians were hoarding it in their cabins. :eek:

What they had on the Eclipse in December were small cans of pre-mixed Mott's Ceasar, not actual Clamato juice. I think they just poured it in a glass and added vodka. The Bloody Ceasar was good, not great. We still enjoyed it. And as Christine said, no celery salt or other rimmer. When I asked him to rim the glass, he used plain white salt, yuck! :p They never had celery, they'd usually put olives in it (which I quickly picked out, yuck again! :p:D).

We found it at the passport bar. They ran out a lot, the bartender told me Canadians were hoarding it in their cabins. :eek:

I guessed you would pop up on this thread scrappy... It's tony not Justine by the way due to being on the naughty cruise critic list!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I hope its available in June on the Eclipse. Toronto nephew introduced us to this lovely libation

No one in the States knows what it is.

Carole

It's like tomato juice, but with Clam juice added as well. My parents discovered it in the 1960's on Curling Bonspiels up in Quebec. Makes for a great Bloody Mary. They used to call it "Cloody Mary" due to the clam juice. Yeah, my parents were weird back then, just as we are now!

I hope its available in June on the Eclipse. Toronto nephew introduced us to this lovely libation

No one in the States knows what it is.

Carole

Those of us in New England are quite familar with it. We've been able to get it since the 60's.

Those of us in New England are quite familar with it. We've been able to get it since the 60's.

We've never had a problem finding clamato in the us....publiix carries it in Florida...and most all big stores in ct had it.

We've never had a problem finding clamato in the us....publiix carries it in Florida...and most all big stores in ct had it.

We lived in Florida and the Clamato juice they sell in Publixs is not the same as what we can get here in Canada. We get Clamato juice made by a company called Motts. It come regular or extra spicy. When we lived there I would take it with me as I could not find any Clamato juice that even came close it what we get here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk