Breakaway - Show Questions

Boscodog

My husband & I are going on the Breakaway in a few weeks. We are a very youthful 50 something couple. I have a few questions regarding the shows:

1. We made our reservations for the free shows. Can we go to the shows more than once?

2. Is the Cirque Dreams and Dinner Jungle Fantasy worth the money. I haven't been able to find too many reviews of the food and show.

3. I saw somewhere that the Cirque show is 20% off the regular price if you go the first night of the cruise. Correct?

Thanks in advance to all comments.

Yes - but you can only make one reservation per show before boarding.

Yes - we thought it was great, and found the food to be good.

Yes - if you book online, you will be refunded the 20% with OBC.

So the 20% discount can only be used as an on-board credit - not a real discount then. Can it be used to offset other charges on your account?

So the 20% discount can only be used as an on-board credit - not a real discount then. Can it be used to offset other charges on your account?

Yes it is a real discount. All NCL given OBC can be used to pretty much anything except service charges, this is a refund so it's probably refundable OBC and can be used even to service charges.

Yes/Yes/Yes (OBC)

Personally I enjoyed Burn the Floor the most. Not that I didn't enjoy Rock of Ages but I saw it on Broadway a couple of times already. They still manage to do a great job tho considering it's on a ship. But BtF is great, looking forward to seeing them again.

Make sure you also note when the BtF cast is in the Manhattan Room, so you can get good seats during dinner near the dance floor.

Because no one else has mentioned this yet, you can attend the shows multiple times, but can only reserve in advance once. After that, the system "locks" you out. I've heard you can go to the Box Office for additional reservations or I know for sure you can just do "stand-by" about 15-20 minutes before the show starts. I feel like the shows are less attended later in the cruise and it shouldn't be an issue to get in on standby at that point.

Because no one else has mentioned this yet, you can attend the shows multiple times, but can only reserve in advance once. After that, the system "locks" you out. I've heard you can go to the Box Office for additional reservations or I know for sure you can just do "stand-by" about 15-20 minutes before the show starts. I feel like the shows are less attended later in the cruise and it shouldn't be an issue to get in on standby at that point.

do you always have to go to the box office for the reservation

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

do you always have to go to the box office for the reservation

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Only if you've already booked that show once. I don't know if the box office can actually override but thought I read that before. Just do standby otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw somewhere that the Cirque show is 20% off the regular price if you go the first night of the cruise. Correct?

Yes - if you book online, you will be refunded the 20% with OBC.

Does the 20% refund/OBC happen automatically, or do you have to go to the customer service desk to make sure it is applied?

We were just on the Breakaway a few weeks ago and did Cirque the first night: the discount is automatic.

Naturally, our daughter loved it, so her and my wife went again the final night (at full price) while I packed bags ;)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Edited by eichmat

On embarkation day, we went to the Box Office (Deck 7 Fwd) right after lunch to book that evening's Cirque Dreams and Dinner Jungle Fantasy show - it was listed at regular price of $39.95 but adjusted with the 25% discount to $29.95 p/p the next day, automatically.

Use the interactive in-room TV to do your Account Review of the charges, other OBC and daily transactions posted to your account, etc. (and, of course, we used the free features on the iConceirge via ship's WiFi at no cost, just download the APP from the Apple or Android Store ahead of sailing)

As for the food, it's simple but good (not Cagney's or LeBistro, but it's a simple 3 course meal) of salad, entree of shrimp & beef steak, dessert and coffee. I asked for mine to be medium & it was fine, BIL/SIL felt theirs were a bit overcooked & tough to chew - but, still far better than the MDR cuts of "steak" variants served nightly. If you do not eat meat, they will just take out the steak and bring you the shrimps but nothing extra in portion size (we realized that afterward.) Just let them bring the order & have your mate/partner enjoy the extra beef. Not aware of a vegetarian option at all, which I commented on NCL's post-cruise e-Survey.

Show lasted 90 minutes or slightly longer, we enjoyed it and the servers are part of the acts and dressed for it as "extras" for the show.

As for other shows if you wanted to see it again, the late/last show for that evening (i.e. 10 PM) seemed to be better for standby's if it's fully reserved. The theater is smaller than expected for a ship with 4,000 pax and part of reasons for giving everyone the chance to see it at least once.

I'm 58 days out and I don't see anywhere I can book shows or even dining yet? At what point can I book? My last NCL cruise we booked the week before and were able to book the restaurants immediately.

I'm 58 days out and I don't see anywhere I can book shows or even dining yet? At what point can I book? My last NCL cruise we booked the week before and were able to book the restaurants immediately.
Pretty sure it was 45 days though haven guest were earlier!;) Sure someone with correct me if I'm wrong!:)Btw, when you can book you may also book Taste, Savor, and Manhattan rooms as well as the pay restaurants!:) Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

At 45 days before.

45 Days out for most people. 55 Days out of you are in a suite or above, I believe (or maybe if you have platinum latitudes status - not sure about that one).