No More Balcony Discounts on Short Cruises

Yup-mine too.

Either this is a mistake or D+ and D's are getting the same discount.:eek:

I'll admit-it's nice to see mine go up but should not be. D+ Should have a bigger discount. Gotta be a mistake!!

I'm quoting myself because I need to add Emerald getting the same discount too!! You guys got an even bigger increase!!:D

Edited by Debde

I'm seeing the change on my emerald too.

So in other words - I book a cruise on board - $100/pp deposit. Junior Suite - so it's a $200 OBC for a 7 night cruise correct? plus a $250 balcony discount?

At least according to this. Seems way too good to be true - but I'm hoping it sticks around long enough for me to get my 2 rooms booked in a couple weeks for the new allure iten that just came out!!

The website booking does not match the C&A Diamond page. I don't understand what "NEW Total savings" mean. It does not match the the booking onboard OBC? And it looks like Emerald is the SAME as Diamond?

Now we can welcome you to the 'what's going on club' !!! :D

Now we can welcome you to the 'what's going on club' !!! :D

I love clubs! :D

I plan on booking next week onboard Explorer for Quantum in December 2014. Should be very interesting to hear the song and dance from the LA. I better bring some printouts of the web pages.

It looks like they have loaded the D+ discounts into all of the levels (or at least the Emerald ) by mistake.

No...not by mistake. Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle C & A balcony discounts are all the same now. That is what it shows on Cruisingpower anyway.

LOL Ellen..what part is the problem LOL

I never paid much attention to that page but I think it used to show what your total savings were if you combined the Next Cruise with EITHER your balcony discount OR a savings certificate

I think it is not showing any balcony discounts for 3-5 days only because there is no longer any OBC offered for 3 -5 day cruises.

Disclaimer- those are my thoughts and do not necessarily reflect the views of the RCL Management:p

No...not by mistake. Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle C & A balcony discounts are all the same now. That is what it shows on Cruisingpower anyway.

It could be as simple as the website is not using the proper C&A level to select the appropriate discount page to display.

I never paid much attention to that page but I think it used to show what your total savings were if you combined the Next Cruise with EITHER your balcony discount OR a savings certificate

I think it is not showing any balcony discounts for 3-5 days only because there is no longer any OBC offered for 3 -5 day cruises.

Disclaimer- those are my thoughts and do not necessarily reflect the views of the RCL Management:p

I think that's about right.....................like others,I did a mock booking on CruisingPower and the balcony discounts are still there..

I would NOT go by what the rep says.....you know how that goes..:rolleyes:

And thanks for calling C&A today...on more than one occasion :D

With one box saying 6-9 days while the other one says 5-7 days no wonder C&A & RCCL IT dept got confused/things wrong :eek:

If I understand the T&C correctly, this applies to next bookings only? When I did a mock booking in cruising power, I only got the "normal" balcony discount of $225 for diamond. I believe this increased amount is for on board bookings only. (See tiny number 1 under the chart :P )

~Jacqui~ Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I understand the T&C correctly, this applies to next bookings only? When I did a mock booking in cruising power, I only got the "normal" balcony discount of $225 for diamond. I believe this increased amount is for on board bookings only. (See tiny number 1 under the chart :P )

~Jacqui~ Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Even if that is so, this chart offers an increased balcony discount to all levels except D+ and P. If they are increasing balcony discounts as an on board booking incentive, it would (should) be for all levels.

Here's the new "fine print" under the boxes on our C&A Tier Level Page. Note that it only includes Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus!!!:eek:

Offer is valid for new individual bookings only. Decide Now (pick your ship/sail date now) Credit varies by length of sailing and stateroom type. Decide Later Open Booking credit varies by length of sailing only. Offer is subject to availability, may be withdrawn without notice, and is non-transferable.

This offer can only be combined with the Platinum Diamond CAS discount or a CAS Savings Certificate. This offer cannot be combined with another Onboard credit on the same reservation. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, with no cash value, not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise. Certain restrictions apply.

1. Special rates on Balcony & Suite Staterooms is a discount off to applicable balcony and suite categories only and is available to Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor Society members .

Savings are not redeemable for cash and not transferable. When reserving, applicable offer code and loyalty number must be referenced. This offer can only be used ith the Onboard Booking Bonus while making a reservation onboard a Royal Caribbean ship.

This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares and is not combinable with any other promotion or offer. Savings Certificates cannot be combined with MyCruiseSM Rewards Companion Fare and Free Cruise Fare. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review.

Discount applies on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sail dates and space is subject to availability at the time of making your reservation.

Platinum, Diamond, and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor members will receive an increased discount for booking a saildate outside of 6 months. Please call or have your travel agent call our exclusive toll-free number (888) 437-1953 to make arrangements.

Edited by cruisenfever

Bob, can't see the D+ (not until after our next NYE cruise), but the New number for Diamond look like this:

Sailing Balcony & Suite Discount NEW Total Savings Balcony & Suite Discount NEW Total Savings

6-9 Nights $250 $350 $225 $325

10-14 Nights $350 $500 $325 $475

15+ Nights $350 $550 $325 $525

Where are you finding this information? When I go to the C&A member section and search balcony discounts I don't get any info.

I called and C and A said that there are problems with that page and the IT Dept. needs to fix it YA THINK!!!:eek:

Why am I not surprised! :rolleyes:

And why does the small print Patti so nicely reprinted for us not even mention emerald?:confused:

I've gotta see how this shakes out, but there is some weird "stuff" going on:p

Edited by Familygoboston

It is really a shame they did not advertise this. I got off the GOTS yesterday. I would have loved to get this higher discount. However, none told us anything. It was a missed opportunity to market this to us. We bought 2 open bookings, just for the ease of it. [because we did not know any better]

Here is a screen shot of my info

Eotik0qdO2gaUXoAX_AF81P69nCWT3MZnc1X2wDqkym-=w1021-h574-no

OK, am I the only one too thick to get this . .

if I was onboard right now and booked a JS on a 15night cruise, I would get $400 OBC plus my Balcony discount of $350 totalling $750 . . . soooo .. where does the "New Total Savings" of $550 come from? .