Got an upsell offer, no call back yet

AZJerry

Wife got an upsell offer email yesterday for our cruise on Sunday. Thanks to Gmail it went to her spam folder so it wasn't found till COB for the revenue person we had to call. We left a single message as instructed. No callback from her today. I suspect we're probably too late for the offer. Do you think we might get a call anyway just to let us know or will it be a case of nocall, no joy?

Wife got an upsell offer email yesterday for our cruise on Sunday. Thanks to Gmail it went to her spam folder so it wasn't found till COB for the revenue person we had to call. We left a single message as instructed. No callback from her today. I suspect we're probably too late for the offer. Do you think we might get a call anyway just to let us know or will it be a case of nocall, no joy?

Based upon our experience, it can take anywhere from 18 to 30 hours for a call back. ;) Good Luck and Happy Cruising! :D

Just wondering why YOU did not take the initiative and call back when the office was open :confused: Why wait for them to call back ???

We called back as soon as we could, after we found the email offer, sent around 1:30 PM, in the spam folder. That was after 5 PM on Tuesday. It's a good thing my wife checks her spam folder religiously or we would have missed this completely.

The offer had one specific number and extension to call. There was no answer. The voice mail message said that, if calling about an upsell offer, leave one and only one message and she would get back to us in the order of messages received. We left a message and are now waiting. The offer did state that it expired at 4 PM Wednesday so, I suppose, nothing might happen until today.

I happened to call our Princess cruise consultant about something else and asked about upsell offers. He verified that he can't see the offers as the revenue enhancement department (whatever it's called) is on a different system. The only thing to do is call the given number, leave a message and wait for a callback.

I have been seeing that offer in advertisements somewhere lately.

I noticed celebrity doing upsell offers proactively when we went on a cruise with them last year and thought that was a good idea on the cruise lines part. Why give the better rooms away as free upgrades if they can sell some of them for a little bit of extra revenue. I jumped at the opportunity to go from a regular Verandah on Celebrity to an Aft cabin with a 250 square foot Verandah for $100 extra total ($50 each person).

Terry

We received the same offer for our cruise departing next Thursday. I didn't get it until 5 minutes before the deadline (it went to the main office of the travel agency and didn't get forwarded for 24 hours), but I called immediately and left a voicemail. The rep called back within an hour to complete the transaction. I suspect that yours may be full, but will send good luck vibes your way anyway.:)

We received the same offer for our cruise departing next Thursday. I didn't get it until 5 minutes before the deadline (it went to the main office of the travel agency and didn't get forwarded for 24 hours), but I called immediately and left a voicemail. The rep called back within an hour to complete the transaction. I suspect that yours may be full, but will send good luck vibes your way anyway.:)

Let me get the specifics straight:

You booked thru a TA

Agency got the upsell offer and didn't notify you for 24 hours

You called Princess just before deadline and they honored the offer.

I'm surprised that you were able to accept the upsell directly without going back thru the TA!

Just in case, I checked my spam account and there was an email from Princess, but it was concerning our upcoming cruise and who the Circle Host and Cruise Director are. No up sell.

Thanks for the heads up about the possibility of the email going to spam although it never has before.

Let me get the specifics straight:

You booked thru a TA

Agency got the upsell offer and didn't notify you for 24 hours

You called Princess just before deadline and they honored the offer.

I'm surprised that you were able to accept the upsell directly without going back thru the TA!

I am the TA, but my agency gets all of the emails and then forwards them to me, this time not as quickly as I would have liked. I think that Princess knows that I'm a TA because my CC number is linked to my TA account with them, and the rep didn't ask any questions. Fine with me!:D

I am the TA, but my agency gets all of the emails and then forwards them to me, this time not as quickly as I would have liked. I think that Princess knows that I'm a TA because my CC number is linked to my TA account with them, and the rep didn't ask any questions. Fine with me!:D

Bon Voyage Jean!