Anyone in a suite had trouble getting in Blu?

Jayneykul

We are on Summit in May booked in a sky suite. However, one of the main highlights of last years cruise on Equinox was dining in Blu. Has anyone ever had a problem dining in Blu as a suite guest? We usually eat around 8pm

No Blu on Connie when we were in a Sky Suite.

Can you expand on this answer. Were you told no for the whole cruise flat out or just one night? Were you given a reason?

We're in Aqua class next Saturday so we're good for Blu. However, suite passengers are offered access on a "space available" basis. From what I've read here it doesn't look like that has been a problem. Especially if you go at off peak hours.

We were in a Celebrity Suite on the Equinox and ate in Blu twice with no problem.

At the risk of going against the tide, we preferred the cuisine in the MDR, which is why we only tried Blu twice on a 14 night cruise.

We were in a Celebrity Suite on the Equinox and ate in Blu twice with no problem.

At the risk of going against the tide, we preferred the cuisine in the MDR, which is why we only tried Blu twice on a 14 night cruise.

This leads me to a question...

We have AQ and assigned Blu. If we do not care for the menu on any certain evening, can we eat in the MDR as Select? I know we could eat in a Specialty Restaurant.

We have dined in Blu on one other cruise. My husband loved it, I liked it, but like terigo, I was not overwhelmed and tired of Blu before our week was up. The breakfast, however, was always wonderful!

This leads me to a question...

We have AQ and assigned Blu. If we do not care for the menu on any certain evening, can we eat in the MDR as Select? I know we could eat in a Specialty Restaurant.

We have dined in Blu on one other cruise. My husband loved it, I liked it, but like terigo, I was not overwhelmed and tired of Blu before our week was up. The breakfast, however, was always wonderful!

The policy seems to be that you are asked to speak to the maitre d' at Blu when you want to eat in the the MDR. He then usually just sends you to the Select dining area. However, on some cruises Select is heavily booked, and then you might be asked to go to Traditional and be fit in there to empty seats. Some posters have said they just go to Select without checking with anyone, but sometimes there are waits for Select diners so the above policy was instituted.

Two years ago on the Eclipse Baltic cruise in July we were refused access to the MDR because Select was full. We questioned this but got nowhere. We were not offered early or late sitting instead. We just wanted Duck in orange sauce. I now know I could have asked for this to be served in Blu the next night but at the time didn't know this was possible.

We've been in the PH a few times and were never able to get into Blu, not on any night. The ship was fully booked and I'm guessing there were no tables because of that.

Interesting, the five times we have been in the Penthouse, we never had an issue at all, even when the ship was full. We are early eaters, we are there at opening, so that probably was in our favor.

We had an issue on Equinox in 2010 in a Celebrity Suite but could not get any access to Blu. Since then it has been no problem

However on the last three trips the message has been so long as you dine after 8 - not an issue for us but may be for others

Have stayed during peak times in Royal, Celebrity and Sky suites and have never had a problem securing Blu for our desired days/times.

However, I agree with an earlier poster that we have found, even after multiple tries in Blu, the food, service and flexibility superior in the MDR. Because of the options to dine in Blu, MDR and a complimentary reservation in a specialty restaurant (on a 7 nt sailing), and the dining course-by-course in the cabin, we always choose a suite over an AQ cabin and would recommend that option to anyone debating between the two.

However and wherever you sail, happy cruising!

We are on Summit in May booked in a sky suite. However, one of the main highlights of last years cruise on Equinox was dining in Blu. Has anyone ever had a problem dining in Blu as a suite guest? We usually eat around 8pm

We were just on the Reflection a few weeks ago in a sky suite and had our butler book ours we loved it and went four nights in a row at different times.Never had a problem .Enjoy

Two years ago on the Eclipse Baltic cruise in July we were refused access to the MDR because Select was full. We questioned this but got nowhere.

And that's how it should be. If Select dining is already full, where would they put you? They would have to make someone who signed up for Select wait. It isn't reasonable to expect someone to wait because you decided to dine there instead of where you signed up to dine. It would not be fair to the Select diner.

Thanks for all your help. Dorisis response has worried me. I think we are going to revert back to Aqua for the cruise we plan to book on Silhouette in November

Perhaps she was on Connie BEFORE the remodel?? If so, there was no BLU restaurant yet.

Never once. We sail in Sky suites most of the time and always can get in. We typically eat in specialty restaurants the very first night and Blu or specialties the other nights. We don't go in at the same time, it's all over the map as to when we show up for dinner, and we never have to wait more than 5 minutes.

We've also never seen where we were taking the spot of an AQ passenger.

The policy seems to be that you are asked to speak to the maitre d' at Blu when you want to eat in the the MDR. He then usually just sends you to the Select dining area. However, on some cruises Select is heavily booked, and then you might be asked to go to Traditional and be fit in there to empty seats. Some posters have said they just go to Select without checking with anyone, but sometimes there are waits for Select diners so the above policy was instituted.

Thank you! ;)

Two years ago on the Eclipse Baltic cruise in July we were refused access to the MDR because Select was full. We questioned this but got nowhere. We were not offered early or late sitting instead. We just wanted Duck in orange sauce. I now know I could have asked for this to be served in Blu the next night but at the time didn't know this was possible.

Now, that's an idea! I've done that with Escargot. :)

So there have been recent reports that Blu on some ships (Reflection for one) has seemed over crowded, the staff stretched thin and wait times longer. And then here are all these suite guests pressuring ship staff to get them into BLU. As a dedicated Aqua cruiser this concerns me. I chose to book Aqua over suites solely for BLU and never even use the other spa benefits. I could understand if BLU was under utilized that Celebrity might offer it as an occasional perk to suite guests. But now it seems so many suite guests feel entitled to the perk and are upset if the staff can't accommodate them. And in a "keep the customer happy at all costs" industry Celebrity seems to be pushing the limits of BLU staff, space and the ability to continue offer the experience BLU was intended to provide to the Aqua customers. Seems like they started down a slippery slope and can't stop the slide.

So there have been recent reports that Blu on some ships (Reflection for one) has seemed over crowded, the staff stretched thin and wait times longer. And then here are all these suite guests pressuring ship staff to get them into BLU. As a dedicated Aqua cruiser this concerns me. I chose to book Aqua over suites solely for BLU and never even use the other spa benefits. I could understand if BLU was under utilized that Celebrity might offer it as an occasional perk to suite guests. But now it seems so many suite guests feel entitled to the perk and are upset if the staff can't accommodate them. And in a "keep the customer happy at all costs" industry Celebrity seems to be pushing the limits of BLU staff, space and the ability to continue offer the experience BLU was intended to provide to the Aqua customers. Seems like they started down a slippery slope and can't stop the slide.

The "slide" will end next year when they introduct the restaurant for Suite guests only. It sounds like it will be incredible and will be preferred by Suite guests over Blu.

We always book Aqua class, especially for BLU. We have NEVER been disappointed. the food excellent, you don't see it; just ask. Service far exceeds MDR period. Especially on longer cruises when the staff gets to know you better. Actually we have never seen it overcrowded to the point of long lines, which I saw many times in the MDR. in fact we never eat in the MDR. it is Blu or specialty restaurants for us! we cruised on the Constellation last year before the upgrade, before Blu and Aqua class were added, the service was sooo bad in the MDR, that we never ate there again.lokking forward to our upcoming TA on the Eclipse(Aqua class) and yes we will be dining in Blu ! :)

Terigo, you're certainly not going against my tide. Breaded scallops, risotto, escargot, and filet mignon, all of which can be good food, if well prepared, do not qualify as really upscale where I'm from. Heck, I do every one of them rather routinely, and I do not claim to be the greatest cook. They are widely available in every decent restaurant where I live. More and more I see that a good veranda and the MDR with a periodic specialty restaurant will be adequate for me. But I do like the poached eggs in Blu.

Edited by BosoxI