Tarquinia and Orvieto 'Closed'?

CathyCruises

So our TA ends in Civitavecchia on a Monday. Per a previous thread, we are renting a car and driving to Austria (and back!) Have to stop in Florence to visit a niece doing her year abroad there, but I thought on the way up that it would be fun to stop in some of the places I have seen mentioned often here.

As it turns out, apparently Tarquinia and Orvieto are 'closed' on Mondays, so what does that actually mean for us? Is it , as I am assuming, that the ruins sites are closed but it's still worth it to make the stop?

Appreciate any info.

Cathy

Hi Cathy...

We visited Orvieto on Monday, October 13, 2013 and didn't notice anything of interest being closed.

Is the Monday you're considering a holiday? Can you provide a link to where you got your information?

Lew

I am embarrassed to admit that some people on our roll call said so, and I just took it at face value without checking personally. I just rechecked and they said that it is Ostia Antica and Tarquinia that are 'closed'.

If I could rewrite the title I would, but it's good to know that at least we can go to Orvieto!

Hi Cathy...

We visited Orvieto on Monday, October 13, 2013 and didn't notice anything of interest being closed.

Is the Monday you're considering a holiday? Can you provide a link to where you got your information?

Lew

Maybe they meant that it was QUIET? We went one time, can't remember what day it was, but it was QUIET. We went during the day---stores were open, but there wasn't alot of people....