Port Canaveral: Radisson Resort at the Port

Kayla103

Has anyone had good luck with this hotel? We are looking into it but I am a little hesitant since I haven't seen anything on here about it.

Plus, it seems a bit pricey.

We have booked it for our May cruise....I chose it after reading Tripadvisor.com .... I thought it was a little high also...but it includes the free breakfast and the free shuttle to and from the port. I have already called and scheduled our shuttle ... so if you book it you may want to go ahead and do that also.

Yes, I've used this in hotel's park/cruise package in the past and had great luck. I don't feel the price of the package is bad at all ($145/double occupancy). Be sure to ask for a newly renovated room and sign up for the shuttle when you make the reservation.

I found that it was easier the morning of our cruise to drive to the port, drop off luggage, come back to the hotel, park the car (under a light), then take the shuttle. Then you don't have to worry about all your baggage! Just exit the shuttle and start your check in process.

This is just works well for me/us.

We stayed there last year and liked it. We kept our luggage with us for the shuttle and had no problems. The shuttle process was smooth. They really know what they are doing.

If I remember correctly we told them at check in which shuttle time we wanted. We went to the lobby in the morning, they checked us in on the list, called our names when it was out turn. Tada!

The room was nice. And clean. The pool was clean but a little too cold for me in February. My kids had no problem jumping in. They had a great time.

There is a McDonalds across the street so we grabbed breakfast there.

We left our car in their parking lot for the cruise and had no problems doing so. All in all it was a very good experience and I would book them again in a second! Now if I can just find something comparable in Ft Lauderdale????

We stayed there last year and liked it. We kept our luggage with us for the shuttle and had no problems. The shuttle process was smooth. They really know what they are doing.

If I remember correctly we told them at check in which shuttle time we wanted. We went to the lobby in the morning, they checked us in on the list, called our names when it was out turn. Tada!

The room was nice. And clean. The pool was clean but a little too cold for me in February. My kids had no problem jumping in. They had a great time.

There is a McDonalds across the street so we grabbed breakfast there.

We left our car in their parking lot for the cruise and had no problems doing so. All in all it was a very good experience and I would book them again in a second! Now if I can just find something comparable in Ft Lauderdale????

We were just in FLL in November. They were having a boat show so all of the hotels in the 17th Street area were either full or the price was sky high. We stayed at the Hampton Inn-Airport and liked it a lot. They do have the shuttle option, but we elected to leave our car at the Park & Go right at the terminal. The Park & Go was 1/2 the price to park at the port and had very prompt shuttle service in both going and returning. We would definately use them again.

Hope this helps....

We were just in FLL in November. They were having a boat show so all of the hotels in the 17th Street area were either full or the price was sky high. We stayed at the Hampton Inn-Airport and liked it a lot. They do have the shuttle option, but we elected to leave our car at the Park & Go right at the terminal. The Park & Go was 1/2 the price to park at the port and had very prompt shuttle service in both going and returning. We would definately use them again.

Hope this helps....

Thanks! I will check it out.

on the other hand ... in today's paper:

Marriott International has named the residence Inn Cape Canaveral as its Residence Inn Hotel of the year .... out of 645 .. worldwide.

The selection .. was based o several criteria including overall guest satisfaction ....

(Florida Today)

Join the Radisson "club" online. It's free and by doing so, they will email you specials. We got the Radisson at the Port for a Saturday night for $84 total for a room with w/ 2 beds using one of the discount emails they sent to me.

My boys loved the pool. I wish they had queen beds in the rooms instead of doubles. Also, there are not many elevators so if you are on the second floor in a location like we were, it was one LONG meandering walk with all of our luggage!!!

There is a McDonalds right across the street and the hotel offers a shuttle to the port. Also, our friends son flew into Orlando hours after we had arrived and the Radisson offered a shuttle for a fee (very reasonable I thought) from MCO directly to the hotel which was very convenient.

We have booked it for our May cruise....I chose it after reading Tripadvisor.com .... I thought it was a little high also...but it includes the free breakfast and the free shuttle to and from the port. I have already called and scheduled our shuttle ... so if you book it you may want to go ahead and do that also.

We booked this hotel for May 24 with our cruise leaving May 25th, when do you leave?

I have looked at this hotel but there seems to be no cruise and snooze packages, just park and cruise. Has anyone just stayed there and took advantage of the shuttle to the port? Also there is no mention of having a free breakfast unless you use the park and cruise.

this is the info I can find:

http://www.radisson.com/cape-canaveral-hotel-fl-32920/flcocoa/optional

Everyone says no breakfast (recommended the mcdonalds across the street)

I need to call and ask about the shuttle

There's also Zachary's Family restaurant right next door that has a great full breakfast menu and really good prices!!!

There's also Zachary's Family restaurant right next door that has a great full breakfast menu and really good prices!!!

I think when I booked I had to book telling them it was for the breakfast, shuttle, stay & park ......

I think when I booked I had to book telling them it was for the breakfast, shuttle, stay & park ......

We also booked the park/cruise/breakfast package, but I just thought I would let them know that those who didn't want to do that, there was something else available besides McDonalds......:D

ONE WEEK from today I will be there!!!! (sorry just had to throw that in)

Happy Sailing Everybody!!!!!

We have stayed here 2 times and loved it! Room, parking and great breakfast were included in our package? It was a great deal. We had a 1 bedroom suite with kids on sofa bed and us in bedroom. Very nice. Shuttle in morning was a bit hectic. There were 8 in our party so DH's took luggage to to port in our car then came back parked car and we all went in shuttle. Book your shuttle when you check in for the time you want to leave for port. Also to note it seemed like a safe area. Convince store close by. Very nice pool the kids enjoyed.

Does anyone know if there is a grocery store within walking distance of the hotel? We'd like to be able to pick up some wine before heading to the port.

Thanks!

MouseGirl

Kinda depends on how far you wanna walk but my short answer would be no. There is a large gas station with beer and water and soda and .... well you CAN get some Mad Dog!

You can get to a Publix grocery (sells wine too) or a full liq' store for just a short taxi ride. about 1.75 miles down A1A

Edited by Capt_BJ

We also booked the park/cruise/breakfast package, but I just thought I would let them know that those who didn't want to do that, there was something else available besides McDonalds......:D

ONE WEEK from today I will be there!!!! (sorry just had to throw that in)

Happy Sailing Everybody!!!!!

Please let us know how you like it.