Help. Tampa or Fort Meyers airport

bills blasters

We plan on flying to Florida for a week of sight seeing. Doesn't make a difference to us if we fly in to Tampa Airport or Ft. Meyers. For those who have used those airports, we are interested in what airport is the easiest to get around. The prices are the same for the flights, and the location is great at either. Anyone used both airports before.

Thanks

Claudia

We plan on flying to Florida for a week of sight seeing. Doesn't make a difference to us if we fly in to Tampa Airport or Ft. Meyers. For those who have used those airports, we are interested in what airport is the easiest to get around. The prices are the same for the flights, and the location is great at either. Anyone used both airports before.

Thanks

Claudia

Claudia, where are you staying? I've flown in and out of each multiple times and would say they are about the same. Tampa's airport has more shopping and dining in the main concourse.

If staying around Tampa/St.Pete/Clearwater/Sarasota fly into TPA. Fort Myers and South fly out of Fort Myers.

I would also check Sarasota and St. Pete airports. Allegiant Air is VERY cheap and has direct flights.

We are going to stay part of the time in Ft. Meyers, and part in the Tampa area. That is why it doesn't matter. As for shopping, we won't be spending much time at the airport so it doesn't matter what is there.

I will check those other airports. Thanks

Claudia

Checked Sarasota, and they are much higher. Delta does not go to St. Pete.

We are from a pretty rural area, and are limited to Delta unless we want to go way to Minneapolis. We can get allegient. I will check that also.

As far as things to do, where do you think we should spend more time. We are mainly going to check out retirement locations. Want to check out some of the communitys around there. Now I just have to get in touch with someone to help me when we get down there.

Thanks

Checked Sarasota, and they are much higher. Delta does not go to St. Pete.

We are from a pretty rural area, and are limited to Delta unless we want to go way to Minneapolis. We can get allegient. I will check that also.

As far as things to do, where do you think we should spend more time. We are mainly going to check out retirement locations. Want to check out some of the communitys around there. Now I just have to get in touch with someone to help me when we get down there.

Thanks

Didn't you mention a monthly rental budget of about $2000 for the winter months? You'll get the most bang for your buck in Fort Myers, North Port, Venice, Rotonda, Englewood, Cape Coral, Bradenton, St. Pete and Clearwater.

It really just depends on what you want. I personally think Venice is one of the most underrated, pretty little beach towns anywhere. They have a beautiful downtown.

South of Sarasota to Fort Myers just about everywhere except Siesta and Casey Key are reasonably priced. South of FM to Naples and Marco Island is expensive but of course there are reasonable areas everywhere.

Sarasota is expensive.

With the exception of Siesta Key, the Clearwater/St. Pete Beach areas are the prettiest on the West Coast. I'm not a fan of Sanibel Island.

You are good at remembering. Yes that is the budget we wanted to stick to.

I have looked at VRBO, but is hard to tell where is a good area to be in if we have never been there. That is why we thought we would just take a week and drive around and check out the areas. In fact, my husband just said we are taking 9 days. We are thinking of staying 4 days in one area and 5 in the other. If it were you, which airport would you fly from. Lately we have flown to Miami airport, and we thought it would be nice to go to a smaller airport without so much walking.

I am so excited. I checked Allegient, but they do not show fares yet for Nov. We plan to leave the end of November.

Thanks so much for your advice.

Claudia

You are good at remembering. Yes that is the budget we wanted to stick to.

I have looked at VRBO, but is hard to tell where is a good area to be in if we have never been there. That is why we thought we would just take a week and drive around and check out the areas. In fact, my husband just said we are taking 9 days. We are thinking of staying 4 days in one area and 5 in the other. If it were you, which airport would you fly from. Lately we have flown to Miami airport, and we thought it would be nice to go to a smaller airport without so much walking.

I am so excited. I checked Allegient, but they do not show fares yet for Nov. We plan to leave the end of November.

Thanks so much for your advice.

Claudia

I would spend five days in Clearwater/St. Pete then four days exploring the area South of Sarasota. It really depends where you fly in and out of as to how you split up the trip. Obviously you want the last part of your trip to be near your airport in case of an early flight.

You'll have a blast. The area is really beautiful!

That is kind of what we were thinking. Now we just have to decide on an airport. You wouldn't think it would be such a decision. I know we will have a blast. We have always been so rushed when we go to Florida and get on a cruise. We have had very little time to explore the area. This will be so nice and relaxing. Hoping that there are some excursions on Tampa Bay we can take and see the area.

Claudia