Are cruise documents dead?

youngm3571

I do the document dance when I push "print"! :D;)
Same here. :)

OK with printing out cruise documents, but wish they still sent out the tours booklet. Hate reading them on screen.
What I love about the electronic excursion brochure is that I can customize it to the ports, activity level, and other options so that I can print and review only those excursions that might be of interest to me. If I'm doing independent excursions in four ports and don't have anything planned for four other ports but I've been to them before, I can save paper and print just want I want to see. I rarely read or decide on a tour on-screen.

I do the document dance when I push "print"! :D;)

I would, but I ususally print it at work during lunch. I would probably get a few looks if I start dancing. They may think I am gloating that i will be cruising while they stay behind to work.

Edited by rburtz

The first few cruises we went on, it was exciting to get the docs. Then after a few years I would take out what I needed to keep and throw the rest in the recycle bin. I remember wondering if I could request that they not send all the excess to me.

I'm completely happy with printing our own docs and luggage tags. I'm also happy to read whatever I need to read on the computer. If I think it needs to be printed out, I can just print out one page rather than a whole booklet. I even will print on both sides of the paper to cut back on waste.

Now, if I could only get the junk mail to cease. I read my mail next to the recycle bin.

I liked both. It was exciting to get them in the mail but like the others, on Day 75, I am up bright and early and print out everything. I like having the option of being able to reprint if I mess up something. Much easier than calling Princess or TA to resend. But it sure was fun waiting on the mailman.....

It used to be a big deal to me to get that thick envelope in the mail

Agree, it was fun, but I now have my own ritual that get's me in the mood. I start off with a binder and as my trip progresses, I print all of my documents and reservations and keep them in my binder. One week before the cruise, I go to Kinko's and laminate my baggage tags. When I do that I know my cruise is right around the corner. Same level of excitement, just a different way to get there.

I think that first time Princess cruisers should still be mailed a hard copy of the "Cruise Answer Book."

I was a first time Princess cruiser this past December. I got nothing in the mail. This was my 4th cruise overall and the first with electronic docs. I didn't mind at all. My next Princess cruise is in about 2 weeks and I was very happy to click print.