Owner's Suite on vision class ships

I'm surprised I can't find more pictures and videos of the owner's suites on vision class ships. We're sailing on the Legend in cabin 8004, and I was wondering how private the balcony is. From some pictures of the entire ship, it appears as if we're right next to the observation area on the bridge for that side of the ship. If someone is on the bridge in that observation area, can they pretty much see everything on those balconies?

Also, any other pics/videos of the cabin or other owner's suites on these ships are welcome! But this is the specific question I have for now. :D

Thanks for any help!

I'm surprised I can't find more pictures and videos of the owner's suites on vision class ships. We're sailing on the Legend in cabin 8004, and I was wondering how private the balcony is. From some pictures of the entire ship, it appears as if we're right next to the observation area on the bridge for that side of the ship. If someone is on the bridge in that observation area, can they pretty much see everything on those balconies?

Also, any other pics/videos of the cabin or other owner's suites on these ships are welcome! But this is the specific question I have for now. :D

Thanks for any help!

As the bridge wing does indeed extend out the side of the ship, the view looking back would definitely enable somewhat of an inward view to not just the owners suite but all staterooms rearward to some degree. But when the ship's staff is there - while they can see onto your balcony to some degree - their intent is not to watch what you are doing but rather they are engaged in an activity regarding the navigation or operation of the ship.

We had the most forward balcony stateroom on deck 10 once on Navigator and had several occasions - particularly in ports of call - when we and the Captain waived to each other. One time he got our attention pointing to a school of dolphin riding below with the ship coming into a port. That being said the Captain and staff are not always out in the bridge wings - that usually more often occurs with docking or leaving ports of call.

Also on Vision the bridge wing is an open air structure which may likely have it less often frequented by staff other than with port entry and departure as mentioned. All other RCI ship classes (except Sovereign class) it is enclosed and an indoor extension of the bridge.

No balconies are private in the sense that you can see and hear your neighbors while at the railing and also can be seen by security cameras. That would not be an issue with me regarding choosing a particular stateroom.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

As the bridge wing does indeed extend out the side of the ship, the view looking back would definitely enable somewhat of an inward view to not just the owners suite but all staterooms rearward to some degree. But when the ship's staff is there - while they can see onto your balcony to some degree - their intent is not to watch what you are doing but rather they are engaged in an activity regarding the navigation or operation of the ship.

We had the most forward balcony stateroom on deck 10 once on Navigator and had several occasions - particularly in ports of call - when we and the Captain waived to each other. One time he got our attention pointing to a school of dolphin riding below with the ship coming into a port. That being said the Captain and staff are not always out in the bridge wings - that usually more often occurs with docking or leaving ports of call.

Also on Vision the bridge wing is an open air structure which may likely have it less often frequented by staff other than with port entry and departure as mentioned. All other RCI ship classes (except Sovereign class) it is enclosed and an indoor extension of the bridge.

No balconies are private in the sense that you can see and hear your neighbors while at the railing and also can be seen by security cameras. That would not be an issue with me regarding choosing a particular stateroom.

Thanks!

I certainly know that balconies have their privacy limits, I was more concerned about DW reading out there and being bothered by a lot of activity on the wing. What you said about being open air makes sense. Perhaps we'll get to wave to the captain as well while sailing away from ports. :-)

Had a response from RSLEESBURG. Yes, it does get noisy underneath Windjammer at times. Thank you

Yeah, I had read that in a few other reviews. I don't think this will bother us that much, but I'll certainly report back if it does.