Premium Drink Package questions answered

grod19

If I was to get the premium package and order a cocktail and give it to my hubby who is on just the soft drinks package would I get arrested and carted off? Lol....

Has anyone just got one package and "shared" it?

You will be relegated to a steerage cabin down in the bowels of the ship with Leo D'Caprio and you'll be repeatedly flogged until you repent.

You will be relegated to a steerage cabin down in the bowels of the ship with Leo D'Caprio and you'll be repeatedly flogged until you repent.

Right well if I will be with Leo I don't mind it would be well worth it!! Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only limit is the number of drinks your body can absorb before you seem to be intoxicated.

Lol on our last RCCL cruise we met a fun group of women on a Ladies vacation who pickled from sail away to last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Personal experiences here....

I tipped .50 or a 1$ on every drink so I could keep track. Our cruise bill printed out the tips , so I knew exactly how many drinks I ordered. BTW, the package pretty much broke even.

Also at many bars I ordered multiple drinks for me and my friends and told the bar tender to charge 3 and put 1 on package, they always did a fine job of charging the most expensive on the package and occasionally rang them all up as on the package(and they got a nice tip).

Personal experiences here....

I tipped .50 or a 1$ on every drink so I could keep track. Our cruise bill printed out the tips , so I knew exactly how many drinks I ordered. BTW, the package pretty much broke even.

Also at many bars I ordered multiple drinks for me and my friends and told the bar tender to charge 3 and put 1 on package, they always did a fine job of charging the most expensive on the package and occasionally rang them all up as on the package(and they got a nice tip).

Same experience for me. I made it a point to tell them which drink was mine (package drink) and which drink was my fiance's (to be paid for). In almost every case they charged the expensive drink to package.

Is it permissible to take a drink back to the cabin?

We did this one day multiple times. Actually I was able to take 4 sea pass cards and order a drink on each and carry them all back to the rooms without issue.

If I was to get the premium package and order a cocktail and give it to my hubby who is on just the soft drinks package would I get arrested and carted off? Lol....

Has anyone just got one package and "shared" it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were sitting at a table in the WJ that was in full view of the bar and I sent my daughter up with my card to get a drink for me. She is a teenager, I figured he would look over, I would wave and he would give her the drink to give to me. I figured the only issue would be her age. Instead the bartender told her I would need to get it myself as her name is not on the card. No big deal she brought the card back and I went up to get my drink.

He gave me a long lecture about sharing a card and that he was giving me a warning and not turning me in but if I get caught they will put the actual charges of every alcoholic and non alcoholic drink I ordered on my sea pass account and revoke the package from me. With the alcohol it would probably be about the same price anyways but with the soda and water bottles I get, it might be pretty pricey.

If ordered in advance it is printed on the card, if bought on board it is a sticker

This must be new. We ordered in advance online and we had a sticker that they put on when we checked in. The only pre-printed I am aware is for the coke package. But then again, that may have changed since January. I would prefer it were pre-printed, the sticker got pretty faded by the end of the cruise.

I there a list somewhere of the types of scotch/bourbon that are covered by the premium package and the cost?? Does is make a difference which ship you are on??

Thanks

There are 11 scotches and 6 bourbons. The list should be the same on all ships. Most of the scotches are 12+ year old or single malt and are above the 10.00 limit, but if you really want them, all you'll pay is the difference over the 10.00 plus 15% tip. Here's a link to various bar menus.

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

As with most things purchased on Embarkation day while still in port, Florida sales tax is charged. Is that the case with the Premium Drink Package as well? Guessing 7% sales tax, that's an additional $26.95 for a seven day package. Any thoughts? Thanks!

How do they monitor that people are not "sharing" it? Just out of curiosity, I am not getting a package, we dont drink enough to make it worth the money, so for us we will do the beer bucket, thats enough, but for those of u buying a package, how would they know anyway? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

I have heard of people sharing the package. You would not give your card to the other person, you would just have to go up and get them a drink. Obviously this is not sanctioned by the cruise line. Please don't lecture me about stealing, I have not done this but have heard about people who have and they say it is quite easy.

Can DH and I get two different package types?

He wants to do the select while I would like the premium package - Is this doable?

Yes it is that's what my brother and I have done for our next cruise - he is a beer drinker and I'm not :D

Enjoy

Edited by Deeliteful

I know there have been a ton of questions and not a ton of answers regarding the drink packages. Before getting into the review I will provide some background, there were 4 of us on the trip and only 2 had the premium package, one in each stateroom. This was on the explorer of the seas March 2nd 9 night sailing.

We had no problems getting drinks. We ordered almost everything on the menu and never had an issue including almost every beer on the menu at the english pub (assuming they had it in stock). Only Fosters and Chimay were excluded. The bartenders were still talkative and friendly. There didn't seem to be as many servers around the pool however I think that was a good thing. There was enough to get you a drink when you wanted one but you weren't constantly hounded with people asking you if you wanted a drink.

Normally when I ordered drinks I would order 2, one for me and one for my fiance. I told the server to charge my card for her drink and to put mine on the drink package. Never had any real issues with this either. Seemed like they get that a lot so they were used to it.

Honestly I loved the drink package. I tried a ton of drinks that I normally wouldn't and found a bunch that I really liked. There was no issues with allowing those in my group to have a sip to see if they liked a drink of mine before ordering one.

As reported by others if we wanted a drink above the determined limit we would just have to pay the difference.

If anyone has any questions fire away and when I check back in I will try and answer them

Is bottled water on the premium package, on some links it does on others it doesn,t?