Traditional & Select Dining

Newbury newbie

What time does select dining start? Can you make a reservation for a particular time and table? We've always had traditional early dining, but this time have been waitlisted by Celebrity for late traditional dining, which we don't want.

Thank you for your help.

Sandy

I believe select dining starts at 5:30. You can make reservations ahead of time for each night, but you have to have selected dining in your reservation. It requires prepaying gratuities. Once you have it just go into your reservation and you can select the time you want.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had always chosen Traditional until 2 cruises ago when we learned that our favorite tables were now in Select. After trying select on our last 2 cruises, we'd probably never switch back to Traditional. We had 5:30 reservations (table for 2 every night at the same table) but were told toward the end of our Dec. cruise that they were moving the start time to 6:00 because of the conflict with the Elite cocktail hour. We have already made Select reservations for our upcoming May/June Alaska cruise.:)

I believe select dining starts at 5:30. You can make reservations ahead of time for each night, but you have to have selected dining in your reservation. It requires prepaying gratuities. Once you have it just go into your reservation and you can select the time you want.

I just put a deposit for an August cruise on the Summit. When reserving online are you able to request a table for two ? Also do you need to wait until final payment to make reservations ?

I just put a deposit for an August cruise on the Summit. When reserving online are you able to request a table for two ? Also do you need to wait until final payment to make reservations ?

Yes. When you make your reservation there is a place that asks if you would like to dine with others. Just click no and you will have your table for 2!

Yes. When you make your reservation there is a place that asks if you would like to dine with others. Just click no and you will have your table for 2!

Thank you for the quick response. I just logged in and made MDR reservations for the entire week.