How do you "unwrinkle" clothes?

CouponMom

Leaving on Liberty a week from today :D

Ironed my clothes before I packed them in the suitcase, but with the flying, etc I KNOW they will be wrinkled. We can't take irons - how do you "unwrinkle" your clothes?!

First roll your cloths and not fold. Cuts down on wrinkles and packs better, (old flight attendant trick). Hang in the bathroom while you shower to help steam them out.

You can pick up a small travel steamer and that works well too. And finally odds are your not going to see most these people again so don't worry too much about a couple wrinkles. Enjoy your trip..

Leaving on Liberty a week from today :D

Ironed my clothes before I packed them in the suitcase, but with the flying, etc I KNOW they will be wrinkled. We can't take irons - how do you "unwrinkle" your clothes?!

Sometimes we hang them in the bathroom and turn on the hot water. That will sometimes steam the wrinkles out. Sometimes I just spray water on them and let them dry. That usually causes the wrinkles to come out. Some people use that spray. I can't remember the name of it now but I find that it is no better than just using water in a spray bottle.

Hope this helps. It is so nice when the ship has a self-serve laundry. Then we just put them in the dryer.

Hairdryer or if really bad we send them out for pressing.

Plastic from the dry leaner helps as well... We use a lot of them.

----------

When it comes to wrinkle-free packing, your best friend is plastic. Yes, as in the bags in which we send your dry cleaning and laundry home. That’s because friction causes wrinkling and the plastic bags help reduce friction. If you have hanger items, pack each one in individual bags. Use more bags in between layers of clothing. You’ll be amazed what great shape your clothes will be in when you arrive at your destination.

----------

We bring wrinkle release. Works great for t-shirts and other light fabric items. I have also tried rolling my clothes. And we've also done nothing and just worn the slightly wrinkled clothes. We didnt get any weird looks or comments so I assume no one noticed/cared that our clothes might have had a few wrinkles. :D

Pack with dry cleaner bags; hang in hot shower; wear me a little rumpled like everybody else if need be. We also use the packing folders from eagle creek, they work like magic.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We will use the dry cleaner plastic as it does help...

Also turn on all the hot water faucets in the bathroom put clothes in and:

1. Let the water run HOT for 10-15 min
  2. have an adult beverage while waiting
  3. Turn water off
  4. Let steam for a while 15-20 min

Seems to work, you may have to pull the shower curtain back to help steam up the place.

First roll your cloths and not fold. Cuts down on wrinkles and packs better, (old flight attendant trick). Hang in the bathroom while you shower to help steam them out.

You can pick up a small travel steamer and that works well too. And finally odds are your not going to see most these people again so don't worry too much about a couple wrinkles. Enjoy your trip..

Same here! Roll, and shower steam. Although I do have a little travel iron I pack too.

I use Melalucca (not sure if I spelled that right) wrinkle release. It is awesome! Works much better than Downy IMO. Only problem is you have to be a part of their "club" to order it :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I usually put formal clothes and hang in the bathroom so it can steam. Honestly i always bring my iron lol. I have heard other people saying that theirs was taken but mine has never been taken haha. I probably jinxed myself now :eek:

Yes, you will now have wrinkled clothes on your next cruise! LOL...

No one really cares if your clothes are wrinkled; they are thinking the same thing. Other than sending your "formal" wear out wrinkled shorts/capris/khakis/t-shirts are perfectly acceptable.

First...don't pack a week in advance! Once they are "packed", the wrinkles start! Pack the day before, and unpack as soon as you can. Tees/shorts...who cares? A wrinkle or crease here or there won't show after 10 mins. in the humidity! If formal wear is horribly wrinkled, the ship will press them for you (for a fee)....I've never had our formal wear to wrinkle...I pack that in dry-cleaning bags, so the material can "slide"...wrinkles don't set that way!

We use a hanging garment bag for our formal wear. I put a dry cleaning bag around each item. I don't fold it up until we are about to walk out of the door. When I pack our other dinner clothes, I layer clothes, dry cleaning bag. Our dry cleaner had 2 sizes, long and short, so I go an purchase 5 of each, runs a couple of dollars. Never have noticed wrinkles.

The other important thing is to hang your clothes immediately when you get your luggage. It all helps.

I either use a hot shower or wrinkle release spray. It's so easy and much cheaper to make yourself though. The humidity tends to take care of the wrinkles in anything cotton anyway :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a combination travel iron/steamer which works great if I'm on a ship that doesn't have a do-it-yourself laundry. I roll my clothes instead of folding them so they really don't wrinkle much. I'm going to try some "Magic Wrinkle Remover" from WalMart that one of the posters mentioned here on my next cruise.:D