What is your favorite Princess cruise food?

thecruiserofships

What is your favorite food to eat on Princess whether in the MDR or buffet?

I had a family member cruise on the Caribbean Princess a few weeks ago and she sent me almost all of their food photos from the MDR and a few from the buffet. I posted the pictures to my personal blog:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/princess-cruise-food-photos.html

I may try Princess Cruise Lines in the future so any suggestions would be nice to know for the future. I hope Princess will sail year round from Houston or Galveston someday in the future!

Edited by thecruiserofships

What is your favorite food to eat on Princess whether in the MDR or buffet?

I had a family member cruise on the Caribbean Princess a few weeks ago and she sent me almost all of their food photos from the MDR and a few from the buffet. I posted the pictures to my personal blog:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/princess-cruise-food-photos.html

I may try Princess Cruise Lines in the future so any suggestions would be nice to know for the future. I hope Princess will sail year round from Houston or Galveston someday in the future!

Escargot

I hope Princess will sail year round from Houston or Galveston someday in the future!
That will never happen. :( Princess can charge a lot more and make far more money repositioning elsewhere.

This is pretty random but my favorite Princess foods are: honey mustard dressing, hazelnut ice cream, spaghetti carbonara, any Princess pastas, Alfredo's pizza, most of the soups, tenderloin, lamb chops, and a few other things. Food is very subjective so keep in mind that I don't eat cakes or pies, not much fish or beef, and bread.

This is pretty random but my favorite Princess foods are: honey mustard dressing,... lamb chops,

Ever since Pam first mentioned the honey mustard, I always ask for it. It is so good! Also, I think Princess does lamb just about better than anyone, including some land-based restaurants with excellent reputations.

Lamb in the Crown Grill, eggplant parm in the main dining room and pizza up on deck ar some of my favorites. And honestly if I'm not cooking and cleaning up after meals all the food tastes fine.

That will never happen. :( Princess can charge a lot more and make far more money repositioning elsewhere.

This is pretty random but my favorite Princess foods are: honey mustard dressing, hazelnut ice cream, spaghetti carbonara, any Princess pastas, Alfredo's pizza, most of the soups, tenderloin, lamb chops, and a few other things. Food is very subjective so keep in mind that I don't eat cakes or pies, not much fish or beef, and bread.

Woman after my own heart !

Ever since Pam first mentioned the honey mustard, I always ask for it. It is so good! Also, I think Princess does lamb just about better than anyone, including some land-based restaurants with excellent reputations.
I will definitely have to try both next month. I also can't wait to have the Alfredo again (and I never eat it at home). It's that good! :)

Creme brûlée - delicious!

Afternoon tea - a delightful experience and the closest to proper English scones, though they could improve if they tried Mary Berry's recipe! ;)

We have our first Princess cruise coming up in August and I was planning on afternoon tea a few times. And I looked online and found Mary Berry's website - so I now have her recipe for scones. :D:D We're spending a couple of days in London before our next cruise so I'm going to be sure to look for one of her cookbooks.

Nothing. Don't go on Princess for the food! Usually sound great on the menu, but not when they arrive. Lank of seasoning, a sauce described as hot when its not. Seem to cater for the middle ground.

Sorry but the scones are nothing proper English scones. Me too a huge fan of Mary Berry, especially her cakes.

Edited by The Wilkies

I will definitely have to try both next month. I also can't wait to have the Alfredo again (and I never eat it at home). It's that good! :)
The honey mustard dressing usually has to be requested. It's not like that thick gooey stuff that you get in a bottle but it's light and flavorful.

The carbonara IMHO is to die for and much better than the Alfredo. It'll also clog your arteries much faster but boy, you'll have a smile on your face. :) If it's not on the menu, ask for it for the following night. In case someone isn't sure what spaghetti alla carbonara is, here's the recipe: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/m/recipes/spaghetti_alla_carbonara/

Their bread, Eggplant Parmesan, and Peach Bellini Soup, are a few of my favorites. Oh, and the escargot, when it is nice and garlicky. It was a bit bland for me a couple of times last fall, but it was back to being wonderful on the Island a couple of weeks ago!