Poll:What is the best time to cruise the Caribbean??

I've sailed in October, November, December, January, February and March... all were great except for October we had 4 days of rain. I think you should remember to avoid Hurricane season, otherwise Mid-November through June should be smooth, warm sailing.

My daughter and I are booked on the Ecstacy in November, but I had a friend cruise to Cozumel in April and she said it was really chilly. I'm not sure what to pack for our trip in November. If I need cool island wear and swim suits I need to shop now, since winter clothes are coming out. What about formal wear, is it too cool for strapless or will we need jackets at night?

Help!!!!!!!

I've traveled to Eastern Caribbean on April 20, weather was perfect. I've traveled to Western Caribbean on May 1, weather was perfect. I won't travel in the Atlantic Ocean during Hurricane Season. My timeshare week in Mexico is in December, but we have traded for late April, and the weather was windy for two days due to a storm out at sea, then the rest of the week perfect. December in Cancun is cool at night, warm during the day.

I have cruised the Caribbean in July, October and November and will cruise in May next year. It rained the entire time in July, October and November still had warm waters and hot weather. The only thing was that on the November return trips the weather was quite a bit chilly -- a good shock to the body.

Sitting here in Galveston, keeping a weather eye on the Gulf, I wouldn't pick Hurricane season, which is also the rainy season in that part of the world. This is June 15 through November 15 for those of you that live where your weather doesn't come with a name. I also spent a year one week on Cozumel in October, as it rained every day.

November through April would be my choice, although the spring has more wind then the late fall and winter. Anyone who hasn't been able to get to shore on the Cayman's because of wind can address this issue.

You can add Bonaire and St. Kitts/Nevis to the island list, and I'll vote St. Lucia for beauty as well.

I love to sail the caribbean in February and March. My favorite ports are St. Thomas, St. Marteen, Barbados, St. Lucia and Tortola.

I also enjoy Feb and early March. Favorite ports are St. Lucia, St. Martin, Tortola, Grand Cayman (for the beach).

We love to cruise in September the weather was alway picture perfect.

We cruise once in November and it was terrible it did nothing but rain. we hit some terrible waves that came up to the windows for two days, everyone got sea sick :eek: even thecrew.

Arlene

Sunwht.gifevent.png

We sailed the third week of May to the Western Caribbean. We had absolutely perfect weather and seas as smooth as glass. I would opt for a week or two earlier the next time simply because of the number of teens on senior trips on board.

We've been Eastern Caribbean in August and Western Caribbean in September and October. 21 days at sea and one day of really bad weather and rough seas. And we've never had our ports changed either.

We're doing Southern Caribbean this coming November.

We don't worry about the weather. We know the Cruise Lines will do everything imaginable to avoid truly bad weather, and we always assume it will rain in the Caribbean.

October/November because

1) prices tend to be lowerr and there are often some good specials

2) school's in session so there are fewer kids on the ship (I'm a dad but I love some quiet adult time when I vacation)

3) weather tends to be good in the Caribbean hurricane season is past

4) weather has usually gotten just a bit colder at hoem in the Northeastern US so the contrast is appreciated

5) I love Cozumel simply because I'm a scuba diver and the dive sites are fantastic. I'm indifferent to Cozumel or any other port apart from the diving - for me the crusie is all about being on the ship. A seven day "cruise to nowhere" would suit me just fine.

Archived