Carnivals Debarkation for non US Citizens?

fishtaco

We are cruising out of NOLA in June, last carnival cruise from Longbeach CA we had to debark first because of customs/immigration, we were sent to a lounge very early last day and were off with the first self assists,is this the case at all Carnival ports for non citizens and overseas visitors?

We are in no hurry to get off as we are staying in Nola post cruise and cant check in to hotel until 2 pm.

Thanks

We are cruising out of NOLA in June, last carnival cruise from Longbeach CA we had to debark first because of customs/immigration, we were sent to a lounge very early last day and were off with the first self assists,is this the case at all Carnival ports for non citizens and overseas visitors?

We are in no hurry to get off as we are staying in Nola post cruise and cant check in to hotel until 2 pm.

Thanks

I think that's fairly standard procedure for US port disembarkation. All the cruises we've been on, the non-US people had to be cleared first, before anyone else could get off.

Sometimes that leads to people missing flights due to someone not reporting in a timely manner, and having to be chased down (or more rightly, ousted from bed) so they could finalize the non-US group before moving on to the US citizens.

I think that's fairly standard procedure for US port disembarkation. All the cruises we've been on, the non-US people had to be cleared first, before anyone else could get off.

Sometimes that leads to people missing flights due to someone not reporting in a timely manner, and having to be chased down (or more rightly, ousted from bed) so they could finalize the non-US group before moving on to the US citizens.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Looks like a quick breakfast for us then:(

At Long Beach terminal we sat at the transportable coffee kiosk for quite a few hours as our flight out was well after midday.

That's interesting. We've sailed out of Long Beach many times and there are always pax being directed to the Non-US line. We normally leave around 9:30.

Same for San Pedro. We sailed out of LB in January and February. San Pedro in March.

We know Non-US clearance takes place on the ship in San Diego as the old pier doesn't have a CBP area. The new pier rarely gets used.

It's quite possible that all the US pax cleared (not looking for anything) and that's what caused your situation.

The US pax just hand in their customs forms.

When leaving from Port Canaveral we did self-disembark with everyone else. We are UK residents with Passports and ESTA waivers. We were never told otherwise.

When are you told of having a seperate debark?

We are non american, flying out of Miami yesterday after our cruise, we disembarked with the rest of the ship, went through the same customs line and there was no difference regardless of your nationality

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When leaving from Port Canaveral we did self-disembark with everyone else. We are UK residents with Passports and ESTA waivers. We were never told otherwise.

When are you told of having a seperate debark?

Carnival Splendor June 2012, we were informed to gather in the show lounge very early last morning and were directed to immigration before anyone else, we were in the first group off the ship. this was organized when you fill out your disembarkation and flight details onboard.

I am both a UK citizen and Australian citizen and in Australia we come under the same ESTA rules as UK:)

We had to go to the show lounge for debark as soon as the ship docked so left very little time for breakfast:(

Port Canveral everyone diembarks together

This must have changed since 2 of the 3 times I sailed with my Canadian passport (before I became a US citizen) I sailed out of Port Canaveral and had to go through Immigration on the ship. That was pre-2000 though so it's possible that PC now has the ability to go through immigration in the terminal so they don't have to do it on the ship anymore.