Grandeur with kids (10day)

Does anyone have a recommendation for me on whether or not its a good idea or bad idea to take my kids on a 10day cruise on the Grandeur during the school year. I homeschool so we will be taking school with us. (We cruise during the school year regularly..just not a ten day. And the 6-7 days have around 100 kids or less) The reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering if there would even be the remote possibility that other kids will be on this cruise? Of course I'm hoping so but I'm sure plenty of you have experience on this ship and particularly the ten day so maybe you could lend me your observations.

Second question is..are the seas choppy and rolling leaving Baltimore and also returning? We take cruises from Norfolk and it's usually on the 'rough side' until we are off the coast of GA/FLA and south..,.and so I'm wondering if that's just the normal conditions of the northern Atlantic.

Thanks for any help, tips, and advice!!! I appreciate all my cruise mates on cruise critic :) :)

Kim

Royal~FreedomOfTheSeas 2014

Carnival Glory 2012

Disney Magic 2011

Carnival Triumph 2010

Carnival Victory 2009

Disney Magic 2008

Carnival Inspiration 2008

Carnival Victory 2007

Carnival Triumph 2002

I have been told that their are kids aboard Grandeur during the school year, but few. They will still have Adventure Ocean with the kids that are on board so plenty to do.

We have cruised out of Baltimore to the caribbean and yes, there is always a good chance the seas will be very rough off the coast of the Carolinas.

Enjoy.

I have been told that their are kids aboard Grandeur during the school year, but few. They will still have Adventure Ocean with the kids that are on board so plenty to do.

We have cruised out of Baltimore to the caribbean and yes, there is always a good chance the seas will be very rough off the coast of the Carolinas.

Enjoy.

Yes. We sailed on the 6 day cruise to Bermuda at end of Sep, and I would guess that there were about 20-25 kids under 10, and maybe the same number between 11-17, so 40-50 kids total. On a 10 day, I would guess there would be less. Which month were you looking at - some non-peak months may be better than others.

We hit rough waters on way to Bermuda, but calm seas coming back, so it depends.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We were on the Dec. 14-24 cruise a few months back and there were more kids than I would have expected. It's hard to estimate, but I'd say 100 is a good guess.

And we were advised we could expect a lot of motion after we left Chesapeake Bay, so I stopped by Guest Services and picked up the sea-sickness meds they handed out. I took one before bedtime and I was fine all the next day. There were a fair number of folks that didn't do very well.

PS: I noticed that you sail Carnival. I just read that they released five cruise on Splendor out of Norfolk.

Yes I noticed!! We are booking for October 2015!!! Can't wait!!

The Grandeur is offering 3 & 4th passengers FREE so we priced it and let me just say .....a ten day is CHEAP!!!!! Almost impossible to pass up! We just sailed the FOS in March and typically we only cruise once every 1-2yrs but when a deal like this arrives, we can't resist!!!!

My fear is that my kids will be bored to death on a ten day if they don't have at least the opportunity to meet one friend. I'm thinking about sending out a Facebook Invite Event for my friends and family. The deal is only being offered if you get booked before March 31st!!!!

I've gotta hurry!!!!!

Carnival Glory 2012

Disney Magic 2011

Carnival Triumph 2010

Carnival Victory 2009

Disney Magic 2008

Carnival Victory 2007

Carnival Triumph 2002

Yes I noticed!! We are booking for October 2015!!! Can't wait!!

The Grandeur is offering 3 & 4th passengers FREE so we priced it and let me just say .....a ten day is CHEAP!!!!! Almost impossible to pass up! We just sailed the FOS in March and typically we only cruise once every 1-2yrs but when a deal like this arrives, we can't resist!!!!

My fear is that my kids will be bored to death on a ten day if they don't have at least the opportunity to meet one friend. I'm thinking about sending out a Facebook Invite Event for my friends and family. The deal is only being offered if you get booked before March 31st!!!!

I've gotta hurry!!!!!

Carnival Glory 2012

Disney Magic 2011

Carnival Triumph 2010

Carnival Victory 2009

Disney Magic 2008

Carnival Victory 2007

Carnival Triumph 2002

They were offering the KSF for our Thanksgiving cruise on Grandeur this Nov. An 8 day itinerary, and there will be kids on board :)

we took an 8 day CA/NE out of Baltimore and there were less than half a dozen on board. a pair of toddlers and a pair of teens/preteens( maybe 11-13)

the older ones looked bored out of their skulls every time we saw them. the Kids clubs were basically empty the entire time.

We have cruised RCI out of Baltimore twice in January. Enchantment 9 days and Grandeur 8. I know there are fantastic bargains during non-school vacation times. That's when we book! There were very few kids on the ship. Most of them were under school age. Pool was not usable on many of the transit days. They seemed to be enforcing restricting kids from the Solarium pool.

Though it will be departing NJ soon, Explorer is a ship where kids can find places of interest. Grandeur really isn't.

Go to the CC roll call for that cruise. Get a sense or even ask there if anyone is bringing their kids.