benifits

melthaler

All of the above comments. We like Celebrity but absolutely love Azamara.:)

I enjoyed my Azamara cruise, but I prefer Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. I'm not into fraternizing with the help :D and I didn't find the food on Azamara all that good.

As for the service, I have had comparable service on Celebrity and Royal and better cabin attendants on both lines than the one I had on Azamara. Dining room service was terrible.

I did like the smaller ship and the ports were wonderful, but if I had a choice for the same itinerary between Azamara and Celebrity, I'd choose Celebrity, especially when I can do two cruises on another line for the price of one Azamara cruise.

Edited by Kellie Poodle

We have sailed on Costa, NCL, Celebrity as well as Azamara all in the last 2.5 years.

They all have their attractions and different tweaks and we have never had a bad cruise. However, Azamara is not just a bit different, it is very different in many ways. Love it's quirks, it's size, it's look, it's relaxing laid back way, it's friendliness and mix of other passengers, it's lack of a childrens club, it's just Azamara and it is just different!

Yvonne

We have sailed many times on Celebrity and will do so again later this year. However our first experience of Azamara last year has spoilt us and we will be on Quest again in 5 weeks

We really love the smaller ship. The atmosphere is so much more intimate. Yes, the staff all seem to really relate to the passengers and one another, from the Captain and Hotel Director down to those with more lowly jobs.

Having enjoyed the dressing up on Formal nights in years gone by we found it much more relaxing not having to do so. Also as all dinners are Open Seating there is no need to be concerned about choosing Traditional or Select dining and being stuck with that choice.

The Barista style coffee 'shop' on deck 5, Mosaic, is perfect for us and we enjoyed wonderful wines with lunch and dinner rather than the plonk available to Elites or Diamonds on =X= or RCCL.

If the prices were not so steep we would be happy to always cruise on Azamara. As things are we will still sail on Princess and Celebrity in order to afford regular cruising 2 or 3 times a year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Take the things you like best on Celebrity and make them even better. Better food, better service, fewer people, more interesting ports, pool deck with really comfortable lounges, all drinks and tips included, and smiles everywhere. You will love it. Sure, it costs more. It is worth it. Happiness just thinking about my next cruise on the Journey.

Sounds great, we are really looking forward to our first Azamara cruise. We're jumping in with both feet, doing 2 12-night B2Bs, so we're committed to 24 nights onboard! It will be nice!

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Sounds great, we are really looking forward to our first Azamara cruise. We're jumping in with both feet, doing 2 12-night B2Bs, so we're committed to 24 nights onboard! It will be nice!

24 days! That's a 24lb weight gain! ;)

Cindy, that's what we did, too. We had our May and September on the Journey booked before we ever stepped foot on the Quest, our first Azamara cruise. It was a leap of faith that was amply rewarded. Will it be nice? Oh yes indeed.

I enjoyed my Azamara cruise, but I prefer Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. I'm not into fraternizing with the help :D and I didn't find the food on Azamara all that good.

You are so right. As Onslow said it when he was invited to the Captain's table. "I even had to eat with the crew" :o

Take the things you like best on Celebrity and make them even better. Better food, better service, fewer people, more interesting ports, pool deck with really comfortable lounges, all drinks and tips included, and smiles everywhere. You will love it. Sure, it costs more. It is worth it. Happiness just thinking about my next cruise on the Journey.

Well said and ditto for us!!!!!

We don't have a favorite cruise line as each brings something different to the table. We've sailed Azamara, Celebrity and RCl along with others over the last 3 years. For this post I'll just compare Azamara, Celebrity, and RCL since the original thread was about benefits of the RCL group.

Best "dress code"........Azamara

Best ports "...Azamara

Best Service...Celebrity

Best food....Celebrity...very subjective

Best Cabin....RCL's Grand Suite

Best Prices....RCL

Best Entertainment: RCl Oasis of the Seas

Edited by Granny DI

Cindy, that's what we did, too. We had our May and September on the Journey booked before we ever stepped foot on the Quest, our first Azamara cruise. It was a leap of faith that was amply rewarded. Will it be nice? Oh yes indeed.

That is excellent to hear, we are really looking forward to this. We tried Oasis in Feb., just to see the ship and what 6,000 people on a ship was like. It was not for us, crowded and noisy, although the ship itself was beautiful and an engineering marvel. We enjoy Celebrity, and I think Azamara will be even more of the things we like, the class, elegance and dining.