Elite Benefit Erosion

Roses2

The Elite laundry benefit has never been for same day service. Some times it comes back the same daay, but it is promised for the next day.

Paul is correct

Elite laundry is next day service and Suite laundry is available same day.

Mike:)

Why does everyone think Princess doing your laundry is that big a deal, stop and think how many towels, bedding , table cloths, crew uniform is done everyday. washing a few items for a few elite passengers is probably less than 5 percent of the total work load. I'm sure people want it limiting the way they go on and on and on about it

The laundry for sheets and towels and such, and the dry cleaning facilities are totally different.

Crew uniforms are dry cleaned, but I believe they have to pay for their personal clothing to be done, so a fair amount may choose to use the self-service crew laundry. Presumably the dry cleaning equipment is set up to accommodate a certain amount of items. Obviously they account for passenger usage (complimentary and paid) in that capacity.

In some voyages I'm sure it's not a problem if the passenger demand is higher than expected. On the Royal transatlantic that everyone talks about, there were nearly as many Elites as crewmembers, so it's not hard to see how the system could get overwhelmed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The laundry for sheets and towels and such, and the dry cleaning facilities are totally different.

Crew uniforms are dry cleaned, but I believe they have to pay for their personal clothing to be done, so a fair amount may choose to use the self-service crew laundry. Presumably the dry cleaning equipment is set up to accommodate a certain amount of items. Obviously they account for passenger usage (complimentary and paid) in that capacity.

In some voyages I'm sure it's not a problem if the passenger demand is higher than expected. On the Royal transatlantic that everyone talks about, there were nearly as many Elites as crewmembers, so it's not hard to see how the system could get overwhelmed.

they are not totally different, they are done in the exact same room

On the Royal transatlantic that everyone talks about, there were nearly as many Elites as crewmembers, so it's not hard to see how the system could get overwhelmed.
I've been on other cruises with just as many Elite (proportionately) and there wasn't any problem so I really don't buy this premise. Not to mention "regular" passengers who send out their laundry as well. On my recent Sapphire Princess 10-day cruise, for instance, there were over 600 Elite yet my laundry came back within 24 hours each time I sent it out.

Paul is correct

Elite laundry is next day service and Suite laundry is available same day.

Mike:)

The Elite benefits explained onboard for my cruises has specifically stated that if next day service is required, one must pay for it - it is not guaranteed as the Elite benefit.

For our Transatlantic cruise on Crown Princess the turnaround was typically 2 days, and the same was true for our NY - Houston cruise in November. We have had a bag of laundry returned in a day, but based on our experience we don't expect to see it until the evening of the 2nd day.

I guess the answer is that "one's experience may vary..." ;)

There is no dry cleaning per se on any Princess ship crew or passenger.

Not sure why anyone would send out laundry for others. Let them build their status as we have. Sometimes a few can ruin it for all, or at least they appear to be trying to do so.
They do it because it makes them popular with their friends and/or family. They feel like a big shot. And, because no one is telling them they can't so in their minds, it's OK. It's unlimited and the same mindset as someone getting sodas for others with their soda card, brewed coffee with their coffee card, an alcoholic drink with the new alcohol package, etc.

The Elite benefits explained onboard for my cruises has specifically stated that if next day service is required, one must pay for it - it is not guaranteed as the Elite benefit.

The notices I have seen say "same day service not included."

"Next day" service is OK.

Until about two years ago, same day service was included for Elites. You did have to check the "Presto" box to get it.

Then it changed.

It may never have been for same day service but Stewart takes it upon himself to get it back to us the same day the few times we have ever used it, even though we never ask for it.

Stewart must have been very good to me because it was always returned the same day until about 2 years ago. Now it's next day, which is fine with me.

There is no dry cleaning per se on any Princess ship crew or passenger.

I'm not yet Elite, but curious, there is NO dry cleaning? It's only laundry services? Would make a difference in what I would pack. Thx for any clarification on this.

Although they no longer call it dry cleaning they do have something that replaces it. This is off the Princess Website.

Take advantage of our onboard laundry, press-only and professional cleaning service for a nominal fee. All laundry is returned within 48 hours, or on the same day with our express service.

Although they no longer call it dry cleaning they do have something that replaces it. This is off the Princess Website.

Take advantage of our onboard laundry, press-only and professional cleaning service for a nominal fee. All laundry is returned within 48 hours, or on the same day with our express service.

The chemicals used in dry cleaning have been eliminated on ship and also in many land based cleaners for environmental reasons.

What ever the "cleaning" process is, it works.

The laundry slip has two main columns. One has the heading "Laundry List" and the other "Cleaning List."

To help prevent confusion, we usually send the clothes from each column in seperate bags.

We have never abused the cleaning perk while being Elite. We have kidded about bringing a whole suitcase of Winter clothes while on a Spring voyage so we can pack them away until next year but it was a joke.

We have always treated our Steward well and they have gone the extra effort by getting a tux jacket or shirt back the same day. Other than that we haven't used the perk but that will probably change this October when we do a T/A and will be gone for 20 days.