Fishermans Warf

lccruiser

We overnighted here on the Century a couple of years ago. Decided to eat dinner onboard. We were virtually alone in the dining room as almost everyone jumped ship to eat on the wharf. The only upside to this was that we had a long and engaging conversation with our waiter who had only 1 table to attend to.

We overnighted here on the Century a couple of years ago. Decided to eat dinner onboard. We were virtually alone in the dining room as almost everyone jumped ship to eat on the wharf. The only upside to this was that we had a long and engaging conversation with our waiter who had only 1 table to attend to.

The Food At Fisherman's Wharf is Overrated Anyways. We will probably do the same, eat on board. It is fun to tool around down there and check out all of the touristy things. Don't miss the SEA LIONS!

You can rent bicycles just a few blocks in from the wharf. Also there is a SAFEWAY well within walking distance, again a couple blocks in from the Wharf. Great in case you forgot something or are in need of something.

I have seen a Carnival ship moored at an even number pier which is about a mile away. In San Francisco at the beginning of Market Street is the Ferry Building. On the left or north side are the odd numbered piers. On the right or south side are the even numbered piers. If you know it's an odd number pier then you will be close to Fishermen's Wharf and Pier 39 which a big tourist attraction. BTW most locals think the best restaurant on the wharf is Scoma's.

At Pier 39 I like The Eagle Café an original wharf cafe that was forced to move when Pier 39 was built.

Edited by bar_20

She's there right now (3/24 and 3/25). Here is a great website that tracks the ship.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-122.4058/centery:37.80795/zoom:8/mmsi:249054000

I have seen a Carnival ship moored at an even number pier which is about a mile away. In San Francisco at the beginning of Market Street is the Ferry Building. On the left or north side are the odd numbered piers. On the right or south side are the even numbered piers. If you know it's an odd number pier then you will be close to Fishermen's Wharf and Pier 39 which a big tourist attraction. BTW most locals think the best restaurant on the wharf is Scoma's.

At Pier 39 I like The Eagle Café an original wharf cafe that was forced to move when Pier 39 was built.

She's there right now (3/24 and 3/25). Here is a great website that tracks the ship.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-122.4058/centery:37.80795/zoom:8/mmsi:249054000

My bad. Pier 35, not Pier 39.

When you zoom in, the pier number is Pier 35. No ship docks at Pier 39, as it is a MALL!

Pier 35 is only about 1/4 mile walk to Pier 39 however, and Fisherman's Wharf is another 1/4 mile walk West of Pier 39.

In any case, the (Fisherman Wharf) sites are all within walking distance.

The Food At Fisherman's Wharf is Overrated Anyways. We will probably do the same, eat on board. It is fun to tool around down there and check out all of the touristy things. Don't miss the SEA LIONS!

You can rent bicycles just a few blocks in from the wharf. Also there is a SAFEWAY well within walking distance, again a couple blocks in from the Wharf. Great in case you forgot something or are in need of something.

OMG - there are WAY to many fantastic restaurants in San Francisco to eat dinner on the ship!!! You are absolutely correct that the food at Fisherman's Wharf is overrated - pretty benign and pretty expensive. But there are lots of other restaurants in The City that are fantastic. (We've always said you can fall into any restaurant in SF and it will be at least good.) Taxi's are pretty inexpensive, since distances are so short, and it's easy to flag one down. We're on the 4/12 Pacific Coastal, and are planning our dinners already, even have 1 reservation made.

I use to work in San Francisco years ago and have to agree that Scoma's is fantastic.

Edited by NLH Arizona