Where's my biscuits and gravy?

Mizzouaholic

We were just on the Sunshine and they had them on Lido. They looked horrible so didn't try them. BTW, biscuits & gravy in not a national or international stable, it's a regional stable. It would be silly for an international cruise ship to take the space & money for a regional item. Plus from what I saw, no southerner would be happy with them.

Sorry, but where we from, biscuits and gravy, is not a staple. And we're from South Louisiana by way of Connecticut.

I am also from South Louisiana by way of South Louisiana and biscuits and gravy is not a staple, but the nasty grits are......

Carnival take note: I posted a topic about biscuits and gravy on here and in less than 12 hours, it has almost 2000 views. I'd call that a definite must add to the breakfast lineup!

I'd like that, and I speak as a Midwesterner. It's definitely great hangover food after a late night at Senor Frog's or the deck party. Grits, on the other hand, not for me! Can't get past the texture; same with oatmeal, for that matter. (They have grits at the Seaday brunch, by the way.)

Problem is: biscuits and gravy are a regional Southern dish. Most Carnival line cooks are foreign contractors who aren't familiar with American dishes. They can do it OK, but not as good as a cook working at Waffle House. Plus, it won't taste as good if it's kept in the buffet or pre-plated in the kitchen. As others pointed out, it needs to be fresh off the stove to taste good, which is unrealistic on a large ship that mass-produces the food.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

I'd like that, and I speak as a Midwesterner. It's definitely great hangover food after a late night at Senor Frog's or the deck party. Grits, on the other hand, not for me! Can't get past the texture; same with oatmeal, for that matter. (They have grits at the Seaday brunch, by the way.)

Problem is: biscuits and gravy are a regional Southern dish. Most Carnival line cooks are foreign contractors who aren't familiar with American dishes. They can do it OK, but not as good as a cook working at Waffle House. Plus, it won't taste as good if it's kept in the buffet or pre-plated in the kitchen. As others pointed out, it needs to be fresh off the stove to taste good, which is unrealistic on a large ship that mass-produces the food.

Well then they better get a waffle house onboard the ships in order to fulfill my biscuit and gravy kick! :p

I'm a platinum cruiser, so I've been around Carnival for awhile, so why oh why doesn't Carnival offer biscuits and gravy for breakfast? It's a breakfast staple and one of my faves! Please add them to your breakfast menu Carnival. That is all.

apparently they have them...somewhere. I have seen photos. I however, have not seen them ever after 11 cruises myself.

I'd love to have them for breakfast more than any other breakfast item...okay, maybe not over brunch steak & eggs....but next to that. lol.

I find it interesting that people keep saying "we want biscuits and gravy" and others keep posting, "I've had them on Lido". Seems as if the "Loch Ness Monster" of breakfast foods IS already available. Perhaps you're missing it? I've been on 10 cruises and 7 ships, pretty sure I've seen B&G on every one at least once during breakfast on Lido. But as I mentioned before... It's no Cracker Barrel here, lessons could be learned on the art of both biscuits and gravy. But then again, most places I have had them on land really haven't been that good either... I guess that's why I didn't think too much of it while at sea... Biscuits, much like the elusive "big fat yeast roll" are very difficult to master consistently which is probably why you don't see much of either at sea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Bacon, chicken, or sausage gravy:

1/4 C of the oil the meat was cooked in. (Better if it's made in the same skillet, but can be done in a separate saucepan if needed)

While hot, add 3T flour. Stir until mixed.

Add 1 1/2 C milk - stir constantly over med/low heat.

Salt & pepper to taste.

When it starts to boil, it is done. Add crumbled bacon or sausage.

Remove from heat & pour into a bowl. Eat immediately (or it will thicken too much)

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! :d:d:d

bacon, chicken, or sausage gravy:

1/4 c of the oil the meat was cooked in. (better if it's made in the same skillet, but can be done in a separate saucepan if needed)

while hot, add 3t flour. Stir until mixed.

Add 1 1/2 c milk - stir constantly over med/low heat.

Salt & pepper to taste.

When it starts to boil, it is done. Add crumbled bacon or sausage.

Remove from heat & pour into a bowl. Eat immediately (or it will thicken too much)

Are you people all bringing your dog on your cruise ? Biscuits and gravy:eek: ???

It's a regional thing here in the U.S., particulary in the Midwest and Southern states. Probably not part of the typical breakfast menu on your side of the border. Come on down our way and give it a try. Then you'll understand.;)

It's a regional thing here in the U.S., particulary in the Midwest and Southern states. Probably not part of the typical breakfast menu on your side of the border. Come on down our way and give it a try. Then you'll understand.;)

I think a "Poutine / Biscuits and Gravy Trade Agreement" is in order here. Send us some Poutine and we'll send back some B&G. :)