Dream-Vista deck wrap around?

marshhawk

I'm in a empress extended next to the wrap and it has no sofa. There is a cabin on deck 6 next to the wrap that has the sofa so I guessing a little bigger room?

I'm concerned about noise form the lime lite lounge being a problem...im torn on what to do. I would like the bigger room with the sofa but don't want to hear a bunch of noise, how much larger are the rooms and balcony's on deck 6 compared to one deck up?

DW and I were in Cabin 9472 in 2012. We loved it! We heard very little noise from above, only one or two mornings did I hear anything, but not loud enough to wake my wife.

The balcony is narrower than the other aft wraps, but considering it is priced as the normal 8D balconies, it was a steal! I can post some pictures if you are interested.

There is no obstructed view, and yes there is an overhang. We never got direct sunlight, but it was a godsend on the last day and half of our cruise. We ran into some pretty big storms, and while everyone else was stuck inside, we had no problems sitting out on our balcony.

Can you post those pics for me? I have 9472 coming up on the Breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have been on dream 3 times. Had aft wrap on deck 7 . Reg aft on 6 and Vista aft wrap. Deck 6 prominade is just below you would be my gripe. Although it really was not a big deal. Vista deck it is more aft than wrap. Room is smaller that other aft wraps. And the balcony down the side is not that big. As far as noise yes we did hear the chairs but not really that often. All were good but deck 7 wrap was the best. BUT THE WORST DAY ON A CRUISE IS STILL A GREAT DAY>

Can you post those pics for me? I have 9472 coming up on the Breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can't find my pictures of the room, but here are some of the balcony

8250851107_3a4f4c7f18.jpg

8251919438_4e719087ac.jpg

8251919616_3e84b5a3ca.jpg

8256014375_b277876c96.jpg

This site has pictures of the room and some more of the balcony...

Dream Cabin 9472

We did have a chair and a table in the room, and we didn't miss the couch..

Hope that helps

I can't find my pictures of the room, but here are some of the balcony

8250851107_3a4f4c7f18.jpg

8251919438_4e719087ac.jpg

8251919616_3e84b5a3ca.jpg

8256014375_b277876c96.jpg

This site has pictures of the room and some more of the balcony...

Dream Cabin 9472

We did have a chair and a table in the room, and we didn't miss the couch..

Hope that helps

Thanks for the Pics! We have this room in September! Can't wait! We'll be on the Dream for the first time with our first cove balcony in June. Was going to try to sneak a peek at 9472 while on that cruise :D

Thanks for the Pics! We have this room in September! Can't wait! We'll be on the Dream for the first time with our first cove balcony in June. Was going to try to sneak a peek at 9472 while on that cruise :D

I have found that debarkation time is a great time to check out different cabins.

Thanks for the pics, and every one's advise. Having a cover over us is a perk, DH has skin cancer and cannot be out in the sun alot, which is why our other choice would have been a cove.

Yes the coves are closer to dinner, but it seems the more we cruise, the less the MDR is important. It's the time on the water, and being able to get away from all the noise. And I like being closer to the buffet on the Lido, as I always grab a cup of tea at night, love to watch the stars rise from the ocean, and be "one with nature" , so if most of the balcony is an aft, I'm on it!

Now regarding the fact that there is no sofa, and the TV faces a wall, I guess we could bring our deck chairs in to watch a movie on the tv, or would that tick off the staff?

LOL, I was not trying to upsell you, just trying to give you more information. Let us all know what you decide and how it works out.

Well, you didn't hurt my feelings. LOL. I actually got "upsold" by a Carnvial rep, only to find out that my oh so wonderful cabin was for 4, and that they could move us on a whim, since then I usually just downgrade the cabin type, and I am fine.

I have no idea why the rep wouldn't have told me that:rolleyes:, but met the new inhabitents on the cruise, through my roll call. 4 ladies, who had been trying for months to get a cabin, and lo and behold, one appeared....right.:rolleyes:

I wont know until I try it, so I guess I will, DH and i are getting older, if we are going to try to go do a lot of the Mayan ruins, and do cruises, I guess I will try several cabin types.:)

Well, you didn't hurt my feelings. LOL. I actually got "upsold" by a Carnvial rep, only to find out that my oh so wonderful cabin was for 4, and that they could move us on a whim, since then I usually just downgrade the cabin type, and I am fine.

I have no idea why the rep wouldn't have told me that:rolleyes:, but met the new inhabitents on the cruise, through my roll call. 4 ladies, who had been trying for months to get a cabin, and lo and behold, one appeared....right.:rolleyes:

I wont know until I try it, so I guess I will, DH and i are getting older, if we are going to try to go do a lot of the Mayan ruins, and do cruises, I guess I will try several cabin types.:)

No worries, options are always a good thing. We upgraded not long before sailing once and met the new cruisers in our departed cabin during the meet and greet that also upgraded from and inside room. Small world.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

jimbo5544-i just noticed that you post from CT, i was born there in 54.

but i have been here it seems forever.

Thanks for all the help. After we saw the pics of the vista wrap, it's a go.! Yeah!

CT has changed a bit since then....;) You will be pleased with the aft wrap. We have two booked out of our three upcoming cruises. Let us know your thoughts when you return.

• 2 weeks later...

We just had 9475 on the Dream. The balcony was great! Not much sun, but we didn't mind that. Very private and large. The room one the other hand is very small. I had to wear ear plugs a couple nights due to noise on the rear Lido deck, but not too bad. I would choose this room again simply for the balcony it was great. 9475 is same as the pics of 9472 but opposite layout.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app