Access to a second cabin?

mommydoc

We are a family of 5, two parents and children 14,10 and 10, who are taking a 14 night Alaska cruise on the Sun this May.

For reservation purposes, one parent is reserved in each room. But for the cruise itself, my husband and I will sleep in the balcony cabin and the three children will bunk directly across the hall in the interior cabin.

Can we have the parents' room cards programmed to access both rooms? Would that be done upon check in?

TIA!

We are a family of 5, two parents and children 14,10 and 10, who are taking a 14 night Alaska cruise on the Sun this May.

For reservation purposes, one parent is reserved in each room. But for the cruise itself, my husband and I will sleep in the balcony cabin and the three children will bunk directly across the hall in the interior cabin.

Can we have the parents' room cards programmed to access both rooms? Would that be done upon check in?

TIA!

They can only program each card for one door but they will make copies of cards that open the kids' door. I believe we went to Guest Services after we sailed to do this.

Thank you so much for the responses. Sounds like an easy solution.

We absolutely would purchase connecting balconies if money were no object OR if they weren't really responsible kids. Particularly the 14 year old, who babysits for us frequently. :-)