Plus Size Beach Wedding Dress

rlkubi

I am a plus size woman (18W now) but I'm on Weight Watchers. I have a wedding in about a month which is going to be on a beach. Since it will be outside does anyone have ideas of what to wear?

Thanks all!

I got married in Hawaii at Ko'Olina on one of the cliffs. My dress was more on the formal side and I wish I had gone with a lighter more summery dress. There are some gorgeous Maxi dresses and wedding dress on a sight called IGIGI.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Are you the bride or a wedding guest?? Your post is worded such that it could go either way:p And of course, recommendations for dresses will vary depending on your role...

I've always been a fan of a flowing maxi dress for beach weddings - easy to go barefoot on the sand that way too:p

If you're a bride, I recommend something like this from David's Bridal. I actually tried this on last year and LOVED it! Ended up with a different dress but if I had a beach wedding, I would've purchased this in a heartbeat.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_One-Shoulder-Chiffon-Gown-with-Floral-Appliques-9V3398_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Size-Plus-Sizes

If you're a guest, I would suggest a chiffon/gauzy maxi or hi-low dress. It will keep you cool and depending on the style, you can dress it way up. Plus if it's windy, you won't have to worry about your dress blowing up :)

http://www.lanebryant.com/plus-size-dresses-skirts/maxi-dresses/tulip-hem-maxi-dress/4031c17740p203255/index.pro

Hi

Just came back from a beach wedding in Jamaica. I wear a blue knee length sleeveless cocktail dress to the wedding and a colorful (orange, red, yellow) maxi dress to the reception dinner. due to the fact I was taken photos, I do not have many of me. Please wear what you feel comfortable in.

I think the dress that one of the posters posted from Lane Bryant was awesome. I'd definitely go with something like that and take a light pashmina shawl with me in case it was cool at the beach or later in the evening. I think maxi is the way to go and that high/low hem is the rage right now.

Please let us know what you decide!:D

Good luck with WW...I did it a long time ago with great results.:D;)

• 2 weeks later...