Miami B2B - Carnival to NCL

Crusin'Cousins

Hi,

Hoping someone will share their experience with transferring from one cruise line to another at the Port of Miami. Is this easy to do?

Still awhile off, but we will be disembarking the Carnival Splendor and embarking the NCL Epic on the same day at the Port of Miami later this year. We are curious to understand how easy or difficult this may be.

Will a taxi be needed or is it possible to walk from one terminal to the other? Walking a distance is not an issue for us, but will the port authorities allow foot traffic from one terminal to another? Any experiences or knowledge about this would be appreciated.

Happy cruising everyone!

Thank you in advance.

If you're willing to walk that far, it won't be a problem. We did it last year going from the Carnival Liberty to the Carnival Victory. That was a hike. I'd imagine to the other terminal would really be a hike. Depends on luggage. My cousin had a bad shoulder so I was handling the copious amounts of luggage. Needless to say I needed a shower. A taxi might not be a bad idea. I'd tip we'll so he doesn't hate that he's losing his place in line for a pitiful fare.

Carnival Destiny jan 2010

Carnival Liberty 9/28/13

Carnival Victory 10/5/13

Carnival Sensation 3/9/14

Carnival Sensation 3/13/14

Carnival Splendor 11/1/14

If I remember correctly the Carnival terminal and the NCL terminal are closer to each other than let's say Carnival and Royal which are quite seperated.

Still a nice little walk but definitely doable. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

Oh. BTW, will you be on the Repositioning cruise from San Juan with us?

Carnival Destiny jan 2010

Carnival Liberty 9/28/13

Carnival Victory 10/5/13

Carnival Sensation 3/9/14

Carnival Sensation 3/13/14

Carnival Splendor 11/1/14

Unfortunately not... we will be on a different sailing.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Anyone know the order the terminals are in at POM ?

We are planning on boarding Celebrity Reflection after debarking NCL Getaway.

I looked at POM on Google maps and it looks like there are 5 or so terminals in a row but can't see which lines dock where.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know the order the terminals are in at POM ?

We are planning on boarding Celebrity Reflection after debarking NCL Getaway.

I looked at POM on Google maps and it looks like there are 5 or so terminals in a row but can't see which lines dock where.

NCL Getaway is first in line in the channel closest to leaving the port. Then usually 2 Carnival ships, we got off the Getaway and walked past the Carnival Breeze to the Carnival Liberty for our B2B this year. I believe then Celebrity was next, followed by MSC towards the turning basin.

If you cross the street outside the terminal, there is a sidewalk that pretty much runs the entire length of the port so you can easily get to the other ships without the congestion that usually happens directly in front of the terminals.