How is Constellation?

djhsolara

Hi there, I think you will like the Constellation. I was aboard last year for a 5 day western Caribbean cruise and it was a very nice ship. The update in 2013 shows and it is a very clean and classy ship. You will not be disappointed. I just returned from a 7 day on the Reflection and let me tell you once you do that you will be hard pressed to change ships! However I think the constellation has a lot of great features and plenty to keep you busy. Book by april 15th and get one of the 123 Go Perks! I think constellation is one of the nicest ships in the fleet :)

We sailed Constellation in February. She is a great ship, with the new frosty topped martini bar, bistro on 5 and Tuscan Grille. We had a great time! The vibe on the 5 day itinerary is much livelier and less formal. I think we'll do another 5 night on Constellation in early 2016:)

We've been on Millennium and are considering a short sailing on Constellation. How is the Connie? I read that she was refurbished in 2013. What is new? Any negatives?

Thank you!!

Took a 12 night Med cruise last fall. My second cruise, it was amazing. Loved the size of the Connie. Lots of interesting spaces to lounge in. Tuscan Grill was wonderful. Staff excellent.

Go for it!

from cruisejunkie dated February 9, 2014:

"Cruise Fever reports the ship lost power on Sunday morning (February 9, 2014) after docking in Key West, Florida. Power went out at approximately 7:15 a.m. and came back on 90 minutes later at 8:45 a.m. This comes less than 2 months after the same ship had engine problems which caused the ship to stay overnight in Key West. During the power outage, the toilets did not work, there was no running water, and the elevators were out. The staff onboard the Constellation was able to serve hot coffee to the passengers as well as a basic breakfast. Also, the staff was selling bottled water (tacky, or what?) as the passengers ate breakfast. Emergency lights came on in the hallways during the outage. The captain made an announcement after the power came back on. He said that they were having a few problems, but said that the power outage was not caused from a fire."

from cruisejunkie dated February 9, 2014:

"Cruise Fever reports the ship lost power on Sunday morning (February 9, 2014) after docking in Key West, Florida. Power went out at approximately 7:15 a.m. and came back on 90 minutes later at 8:45 a.m. This comes less than 2 months after the same ship had engine problems which caused the ship to stay overnight in Key West. During the power outage, the toilets did not work, there was no running water, and the elevators were out. The staff onboard the Constellation was able to serve hot coffee to the passengers as well as a basic breakfast. Also, the staff was selling bottled water (tacky, or what?) as the passengers ate breakfast. Emergency lights came on in the hallways during the outage. The captain made an announcement after the power came back on. He said that they were having a few problems, but said that the power outage was not caused from a fire."

What is the point here?? We were on this cruise, the power outage was no big deal, a minor blip. We had breakfast in Blu and , god forbid, my bagel with smoked salmon wasn't toasted............:rolleyes:

The Constellation is still a great ship, especially it's recent refurbishment. We've been on her 5 times and wouldn't hesitate to book her again.

What is the point here?? We were on this cruise, the power outage was no big deal, a minor blip. We had breakfast in Blu and , god forbid, my bagel with smoked salmon wasn't toasted............:rolleyes:

The Constellation is still a great ship, especially it's recent refurbishment. We've been on her 5 times and wouldn't hesitate to book her again.

Didn't affect my Bloody Mary. We were also on this cruise. No big deal. Life went on. We love the Connie.

.... husband, son and myself on the Dec. 2013 cruise that was held in Key West for 37hours... AND scheduled to go again on Connie this Dec... just hope there aren't bigger issues that we aren't being told about...

We were on this cruise as well. We had a great time and are going again for the 3rd time in December. It has become the highlight of our vacations every year!

I have been on all the Millenium class vessels and find them ageing poorly. There are more scares, breakdowns and norovirus then the newer Solstice Class ships. Which makes sense on older ships. Also we book Skysuites and the skysuites onboard Millenium class are small and terrible and not worth the money. These ships are 14+ years old now and no matter how many soft refits or new restaurants they add....These ships are still old. I think Celebrity keeps them in great shape, but our last time we sailed on them, we decided was our LAST.

Our next three Celebrity cruises are booked on Solstice class vessels. If we want smaller ships, we have enjoyed the Oceania Marina and Riveria which are leaps and bounds above Celebrity's Millenium class and of similar size.

Also, if you are taking Solstice class, avoid the Reflection, the additional 200+ passengers with no additional crew DOES make a difference in service throughout the ship.

Safe travels to all! NYC

cruiseerf,

maybe that is the avenue my husband and I should take, instead of switching lines altogether... fell in love with celebrity years ago, but have noticed the not-so-graceful aging of which you speak!

excellent, specific advice with sensible explanation! thanks!

Also, if you are taking Solstice class, avoid the Reflection, the additional 200+ passengers with no additional crew DOES make a difference in service throughout the ship.

Safe travels to all! NYC

Interesting. We were on Reflection week before last. Crew was wonderful....didn't notice any less service from Equinox/Eclipse/Solstice cruises we've taken in the past. Wouldn't hesitate to book Reflection again.

We did the 5 day Western Caribbean sailing on Connie on 3/17/14 and everything was great except that the soft ice cream machine was out for essentially the whole cruise.

Crew and Captain are wonderful and ship is in good shape.

We have done 6 cruises on the Connie since 2002 including the Baltics, 2 Transatlantics and last fall the Black Sea. It has been our favorite ship for quite a while and we couldn't believe that a few of the crew members even remembered us by name.

We're booked on the Connie again in 2015 for the Three Continent Transatlantic!

Best Regards,

Do you happen to know who the Captains Club Social Hostess is? I understand that a new one started with your cruise.;)

Her name is Rati. She is new to the job. Very friendly and tries to please. I think she will do well.

We did the 5 day Western Caribbean sailing on Connie on 3/17/14 and everything was great except that the soft ice cream machine was out for essentially the whole cruise.

Crew and Captain are wonderful and ship is in good shape.

We have done 6 cruises on the Connie since 2002 including the Baltics, 2 Transatlantics and last fall the Black Sea. It has been our favorite ship for quite a while and we couldn't believe that a few of the crew members even remembered us by name.

We're booked on the Connie again in 2015 for the Three Continent Transatlantic!

Best Regards,

Oh no...not the soft serve! :(

Her name is Rati. She is new to the job. Very friendly and tries to please. I think she will do well.

Ah...so she is new being a Social Hostess. What nationality is Rati, and any idea how long she will be onboard? She is not who I was told (by another hostess) would be onboard my upcoming cruise. I was told Marlena.

Thank you. ;)

Oh no...not the soft serve! :(

Ah...so she is new being a Social Hostess. What nationality is Rati, and any idea how long she will be onboard? She is not who I was told (by another hostess) would be onboard my upcoming cruise. I was told Marlena.

Thank you. ;)

Rati is from Mauritius. Don't know for certain how long she will be on, but suspect that at least until the crossing is over. Perhaps longer.

Rati is from Mauritius. Don't know for certain how long she will be on, but suspect that at least until the crossing is over. Perhaps longer.

We were on the same cruise and we were disappointed in Rati. She had her "groups" she was friendly with, but needs to learn to interact with others. Plus the rose sent to our cabin from the Captain's Club came from Bruce?

Orator, another cruise we were on together in the last two months but again never met. Hopefully sometime in the future our paths will cross.

We were on the same cruise and we were disappointed in Rati. She had her "groups" she was friendly with, but needs to learn to interact with others. Plus the rose sent to our cabin from the Captain's Club came from Bruce?

Orator, another cruise we were on together in the last two months but again never met. Hopefully sometime in the future our paths will cross.

Sorry we haven't knowingly met. I've been impressed by your past posts. Perhaps we met and didn't mention screen names?

Remember Rati is brand new to the job. I think it's natural for some to gravitate to a few "friendly types" early on. Bruce introduced her to me and my wife and she seemed comfortable around us and others who met her early. Think she'll learn to interact more with others, as she must, as she gains experience and confidence. She is really a warm and sensitive person.

Sorry we haven't knowingly met. I've been impressed by your past posts. Perhaps we met and didn't mention screen names?

Remember Rati is brand new to the job. I think it's natural for some to gravitate to a few "friendly types" early on. Bruce introduced her to me and my wife and she seemed comfortable around us and others who met her early. Think she'll learn to interact more with others, as she must, as she gains experience and confidence. She is really a warm and sensitive person.

I agree, she'll get better with time and perhaps the Bruce card was a hiccup.

My guess is our paths will pass again and hopefully we'll meet. We don't always agree on issues but I think we are both big Celebrity fans. Looks like you'll be Zenith soon, congrats.

Edited by Oville