Pop choir?

lrm

I just asked this on another post about this subject but I will ask again here..

Do you have to audition or win a signing contest or anything?

I think it is all about having fun..not sounding professional.

my wife complains that its been almost all the same songs since 2011, on 3 different ships!

It is possible that it took awhile to find just the right songs that a diverse, unprofessional group could sing w/o a lot of practice. Maybe they follow.. "If it's not broken..don't fix it!"

my wife complains that its been almost all the same songs since 2011, on 3 different ships!

We have had the same experience. The first time was fun, but the next time with the same songs and a leader who was quite open about the fact that she had no musical knowledge was our last. We have heard the choir perform since, and the songs were exactly the same.

Could you (or anyone else) enlighten us first time Princess cruisers as to which songs they use? That could help me decide on participating or just watching. :D

Could you (or anyone else) enlighten us first time Princess cruisers as to which songs they use? That could help me decide on participating or just watching. :D

Just going off the top of my head...

Sweet caroline

Isn't she lovely

we are the champions

there were 2 or 3 more, but i dont recall. If you go over a holiday there might be one holiday themed song too, we had that at xmas.

It is possible that it took awhile to find just the right songs that a diverse, unprofessional group could sing w/o a lot of practice. Maybe they follow.. "If it's not broken..don't fix it!"

I agree, and as I point out to my wife, it forces her to find something else she might enjoy just as much. I think she just wishes maybe if they had 2 or 3 sets of songs that are rotated through, at least then there would be a chance that there would be a different song list.

As many of us have seen however, Princess is now more in the business of catering to new crusiers rather than repeat cruisers.

I agree, and as I point out to my wife, it forces her to find something else she might enjoy just as much. I think she just wishes maybe if they had 2 or 3 sets of songs that are rotated through, at least then there would be a chance that there would be a different song list.

Song list rotation sounds like a good idea!

Just going off the top of my head...

Sweet caroline

Isn't she lovely

we are the champions

there were 2 or 3 more, but i dont recall. If you go over a holiday there might be one holiday themed song too, we had that at xmas.

I was on the Coral Princess in December and we did no holiday songs. It was my first time in the Pop Choir and I enjoyed the experience and would do it again. Lots of fun meeting the other women and men participating.

Sali

Jasperdo,

If we have the same Pop Choir director on Star May 23 to Alaska that you had, was it a director who was halfhearted or one who tried to get the best from everyone?

Obviously there are participants who are at different levels of ability, but the dedication of the director is important.

36rascal.

We had a terrific pop choir on the Golden in January. It was hard to see them because so many folks were crowded in the atrium/piazza area. It occurred to me that the pop choir should perform in the Princess theater maybe during the employee talent show. I think it would be great fun to see all the talent, both crew and passengers perform...and far better than some of the paid entertainers!

I have a spa treatment scheduled for during the time the second meeting is for pop choir---If I miss that one practice but attend the others would that be ok?

I hate to cancel the spa treatment because the only time slots left are in evenings or at 8:00 am- too early for me! Pop Choir is the one activity I really want to do on the ship. (Leaving in a couple of weeks.)