10:30AM FLIGHT IN FLL? dOABLE?

xcell

You are going to get so many different responses and the cruiseline officially does not want you to book any flights prior to 11:30AM.

With that said, in October, we made a 9:15AM flight with time to spare after a week on the Allure. We walked off and were on our way to the airport by 7:30AM and at our gate by 8:15AM. We were among the last of the walk off group too.

So, I definitely think you can. There is always the possibility that something can delay the ship or delay debarkation. Not saying it will happen, but I am sure there are stories of it happening.

Have a great trip!!

It looks like you are on Oasis? If so it would take an extremely rare occurrence to not easily make that flight. On Allure I booked a flight around that time and had to kill three hours at the gate (and I wasn't even among the first off the ship - they started debarking about 6:15 and I got off at about 6:40). Sure something can go wrong, but you have about 2.5-3.0 hours of wiggle room for delays and Allure and Oasis have great track records of very rarely incurring anything more than minor delays.

Not to bust the bubbles of successful early flights, but a couple years ago, on the Liberty, there was a long delay getting cleared by Customs. The people who did self disembarking were not able to get off the ship until after 9:00. We didn't get off until well after 10. Needless to say, many people missed their flights and the ticket counters and security lines became log jammed. We made our 1:30 flight with about 1/2 hour to spare. So yes, you can make it but things can change in a hurry.

Not to bust the bubbles of successful early flights, but a couple years ago, on the Liberty, there was a long delay getting cleared by Customs. The people who did self disembarking were not able to get off the ship until after 9:00. We didn't get off until well after 10. Needless to say, many people missed their flights and the ticket counters and security lines became log jammed. We made our 1:30 flight with about 1/2 hour to spare. So yes, you can make it but things can change in a hurry.

That is not an uncommon occurrence with Liberty. However, as best as I can tell, there has not been a single report of early debarkation ever being delayed on Oasis or Allure since they went into service. Now, nothing is certain, but sooner or later the odds come into play.

I would be more worried about missing your flight because of a snow storm making the roads in Ft. Lauderdale impassable than missing your flight because debarkation on Oasis or Allure was delayed!:rolleyes:

That is not an uncommon occurrence with Liberty. However, as best as I can tell, there has not been a single report of early debarkation ever being delayed on Oasis or Allure since they went into service. Now, nothing is certain, but sooner or later the odds come into play.

I would be more worried about missing your flight because of a snow storm making the roads in Ft. Lauderdale impassable than missing your flight because debarkation on Oasis or Allure was delayed!:rolleyes:

Exactly! So far I have not read of anyone missing an early flight when leaving The Allure or Oasis! We were at the airport by 7:00 on our last cruise. Everyone that says you won't make it have never tried it and really should not comment if they don't know!

That is not an uncommon occurrence with Liberty. However, as best as I can tell, there has not been a single report of early debarkation ever being delayed on Oasis or Allure since they went into service. :rolleyes:

I'm sure these ships have a much better track record than the Liberty. Although the odds seem in your favor, it only takes one time to screw things up and then it gets pricey after that. I wonder how many people, left on some dock, "never had an issue cutting it close before"? I guess it comes down to how a person likes to travel. For me, I like to completely relax and not rush anything when I'm on vacation. I'm certainly in no hurry to get back to the rat race. There probably isn't a big deal in leaving as early as possible. It's just not for me. I do, sincerely, hope these early flights work for those who choose them

Edited by LarryL